Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Wishing you a very speedy recovery, dreamstar xx

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Dreamstar, I'm so sorry to hear your news. Be kind to yourself. X

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

I'm so sorry Dreamstar, look after yourself x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Dreamstar - I am so very sorry to read your awful news. Be kind to yourself and look at today as your first day of recovery x x x

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

Dreamstar, I'm so so sorry to hear your going through this. It sounds like they've caught it extra early which is good news. Look after yourself and keep the positivity you have, that will help you get through this and onto the next chapter in your life(getting that long awaited BFP) xxxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

I'm so very sorry to read your news Dreamstar, I hope you make a speedy recovery. Look after yourself xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Dreamstar what news to get, that's awful. You poor, poor thing. Better to find out after they removed it at least. Wishing you strength xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Just seen your news there Dreamstar, I am so sorry to read it. I hope you are doing okay pet, I can't imagine what you are going through. Sometimes life can be so cruel. Take care of yourself and keep us posted on your progress, my thoughts and prayers are with you xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Dreamstar hope you're doing ok, have been thinking of you and wondering how you're getting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Dreamstar hope you're doing ok, have been thinking of you and wondering how you're getting on.

Aw thanks so much penny. I'm doing well considering. Had a second surgery to remove my right ovary which unfortunately also showed spots of cancerous cells so I'll need to start chemo in a few weeks.

At the minute we're going through the ivf process just so we have a few embryos in storage - just in case. Had our first consultation in hari today. Very overwhelming but excited to get started.

All in all everything looks very positive. I'm very lucky the cancer was caught so early. And I'm still young so I have plenty of time. Thanks for thinking of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

That's great news dreamstar, all sounds very positive. Good luck over the next few weeks.

dreamstar wrote: »
    Aw thanks so much penny. I'm doing well considering. Had a second surgery to remove my right ovary which unfortunately also showed spots of cancerous cells so I'll need to start chemo in a few weeks.

At the minute we're going through the ivf process just so we have a few embryos in storage - just in case. Had our first consultation in hari today. Very overwhelming but excited to get started.

All in all everything looks very positive. I'm very lucky the cancer was caught so early. And I'm still young so I have plenty of time. Thanks for thinking of me.

You're wonderfully positive :) I really hope everything goes smoothly for you

Lucyfur wrote:
    You're wonderfully positive I really hope everything goes smoothly for you

Thanks lucyfur. I really do feel positive about the whole thing. My family and friends are so so supportive. And my husband.....words just can't come close to explaining how amazingly amazing he is. I really do feel lucky to have him.

No doubt it will be a rough few months but we'll get through it stronger than ever.

Then we can get back to baby making. :)

Thanks lucyfur. I really do feel positive about the whole thing. My family and friends are so so supportive. And my husband.....words just can't come close to explaining how amazingly amazing he is. I really do feel lucky to have him.

No doubt it will be a rough few months but we'll get through it stronger than ever.

Then we can get back to baby making. :)

Isn't it funny how your perception of being "lucky" changes as life throws crap at you:confused: I am like you too though that rather than focus on how unlucky I am to have had something happen I try to focus on how lucky I am that it wasn't worse.

Granted somtimes I have a meltdown about it and go a little bat****crazy (as I did last Sunday:o) but then I pull myself together again for another while.
    I do think having that type of mindset helps massively as does having a supportive family and partner. They see you at your worst and knowing that they would take it all away for you if they could is a massive support.

I really really do hope that things settle down and get sorted out for you. :)

OPK and LH surge question for you ladies. My cycle seems to have returned to normal since the miscarriage in June/July and I've been using my Clearblue OPKs again.
    On Tuesday of last week I got the flashing smiley face which indicates a high fertile phase. Usually this has come up for a day or two in the past and then the solid smiley face happens which indicates peak fertility.
    This month it has been the flashing smiley face every day since Tuesday and now it has been 8 days in a row. I doubt the solid smiley face is going to happen at this stage and the information leaflet suggests you do not test any longer in any given cycle if you get this result for 9 consecutive days.

My question is can you still get pregnant on a cycle like this? Something is being detected in my urine if the flashing face is coming up but it just hasn't hit a peak.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

The peak can be short iirc and they say that you could sometimes peak in your sleep and miss it? But for sure you could conceive this month, the surge is there. :)

Neyite wrote: »
    The peak can be short iirc and they say that you could sometimes peak in your sleep and miss it? But for sure you could conceive this month, the surge is there. :)

Phew! Thankfully all that sex won't have been a waste:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 octopus lady

Any point doing a pregnancy test just in case? I think I read that sometimes repeat positive OPKs can actually happen in very early pregnancy!

Any point doing a pregnancy test just in case? I think I read that sometimes repeat positive OPKs can actually happen in very early pregnancy!

My period is due on October 10th so I'm going to try to wait until then.....it will be hard though.
    We spent so long (or so it felt at the time, it was a year) waiting to have our little girl that I was astonished at how quickly I got pregnant earlier this year. I think it might have been our first or second month of unprotected sex and I got pregnant. It just seemed so easy.
    Sadly it wasn't to be and now we're back in the baby making/ doing the dance game.

In an effort to keep the sex more than just baby making I didn't say anything about ovulating over the last week or so. It seems to make things better I think for the guys. Maybe thats all in my head who knows.

My question is can you still get pregnant on a cycle like this? Something is being detected in my urine if the flashing face is coming up but it just hasn't hit a peak.

You definitely can penny! There was someone on this thread a while back - typermonkey I think. And she got pregnant the month of multiple flashys and no solid smiley.

Hope its a good omen for you!!!!

• Advertisement

If you're anything like me, you could have a cycle that is just in explainable. Most of the time, I wouldn't even get those smileys. For the last few months I was on clomid and eventually twigged (mainly from niggling and cm) that I was ovulating around day 7/8. I'm pregnant now and by dates, i should be almost 8 weeks but an early scan with my gynae looks like i'm 11.5 weeks. That means I got pregnant on a cycle which was followed by a very heavy period and another month of clomid. Still can't fathom it.

I stopped doing ovulation tests ages ago cos I never got a strong positive. I've had bloods done during several cycles and I've ovulated strongly every time.

yellow hen wrote: »
    If you're anything like me, you could have a cycle that is just in explainable. Most of the time, I wouldn't even get those smileys. For the last few months I was on clomid and eventually twigged (mainly from niggling and cm) that I was ovulating around day 7/8. I'm pregnant now and by dates, i should be almost 8 weeks but an early scan with my gynae looks like i'm 11.5 weeks. That means I got pregnant on a cycle which was followed by a very heavy period and another month of clomid. Still can't fathom it.

Yep, some cycles can be just weird. What happened when I was ttc last time was that I'd often not get a flashing smiley face it would go from 0 to peak and then drop off.
    It was niggling at me but then I got pregnant and so forgot about it until now.

Hope you're feeling good and your pregnancy is going well for you:)
    Lucyfur wrote: »
    I stopped doing ovulation tests ages ago cos I never got a strong positive. I've had bloods done during several cycles and I've ovulated strongly every time.

I used to get too wrapped up in the OPKs, for now I'm using them partly to track my cycle post miscarriage and get to know the naturally occuring physical signs as they co-incide with the OPK readings. Also I had the tests there so thought I'd use them anyway. I've just never had a reading like this months before where there was a high reading but no peak.
    I had bloods done when ttc on my daughter and they were good so I'm not worried about it, more curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

You definitely can penny! There was someone on this thread a while back - typermonkey I think. And she got pregnant the month of multiple flashys and no solid smiley.

Hope its a good omen for you!!!!

Hello! Heard someone calling me :D

Penny the month I concieved this pregnancy I had 9 days of flashy smiley and got a solid face on the tenth day. We had sex every second day of the flashies, on the solid smiley day and the day after. I had had an ERPC in March after a MMC and I concieved in my May cycle. I'd keep up the OPKs for another couple of days if I were you.

Hope you're doing OK Dreamstar. I read your thread in Personal Issues. You're being amazingly positive x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Penny something I recently learned - the flashing smileys is oestragen (sp?) being detected. The solid smiley is Lutenising hormone being detected.

Hello! Heard someone calling me

Haha i had it right. :)

Good to hear from you Typer. Hope you're keeping well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

All good here Dreamstar thanks. 20 weeks now with little boy :D All the best with your IVF and chemo, you are due a whole lot of good luck from here on in..you more than deserve it!

All good here Dreamstar thanks. 20 weeks now with little boy All the best with your IVF and chemo, you are due a whole lot of good luck from here on in..you more than deserve it!

Aw fabulous news!!! So delighted for you. Please give us a post every so often to let us know how you're doing. So delighted for you!

And thanks for the good wishes. Here's hoping the next few months fly in for me! At least I get to miss the next few months of going to work on those cold dark mornings. Have to take the positives where you can. Come next Spring / Summer I'll be a whole lot better. :)

Come next Spring / Summer I'll be a whole lot better. :)

You'll be like a little cherry blossom budding a brand new life next spring :)

• Advertisement

Flashy face still popping up....it's most peculiar.
    Husband has been working like crazy this week so no chance to do the deeds,l week but I'd say we haven't missed out on an opportunity given the bizarre OPK readings.
    Maybe we'll recognise each other tomorrow (he hasn't been home before 9pm all week) or not (:-)) and take advantage of what might be an opportunity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement