Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bluebell27

Hi ladies. I am new to this thread as this is our first month ttc. I think i ovulated around the 11th July but as i am new to watching the signs i could easily be wrong. AF was due on Tuesday & yesterday had really light discharge like at the very end of AF but nothing overnight or this morning. Did a HPT this morning and got a BFN. Wish AF would just come so we can get ready to try again next week. Only one month in and already i hate the waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cheerful14

Neyite wrote: »
    That's the concern - the lack of success stories about it. I'm sure its a great supplement, but really wonder if its as miraculous for TTC as it's price would suggest.

I've pm'd my friend anyway, and I've her Fertility Code book at home so I'm going to see if there is a list in that that I can compare it to.

Hey Neyite, any further thoughts on the pre-conceive? I think I have decided better for me to spend money on more acupuncture and continuing my sessions with a faith healer. Only so many pills and potions I can take in one day

BTW, anyone else experiences of sessions with a faith healer? I have had two sessions and while no obvious outcome yet I think effect on my mental outlook is positive.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

No, havent even opened my book I'm afraid :o I'm hoping to have a read at the weekend.

Regarding faith healers, well personally I think that they are charlatans and con artists, but I'm not spiritual or religious and out of the two, acupuncture is probably the better therapeutic option. I'm all for complimentary therapies, but feel they are no substitute for actual medical treatment.

Have you had any potential factors diagnosed or like some of us are you an unexplained case?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cheerful14

Hey Neyite, no panic, was just checking if any update ;-)

I didnt (but tell myself to be open) believe it faith healers etc. but after some long TTC am willing to try anything. Think I have done it all now. Wont stop the medical treatment, haven't in the 3 years, but alone it doesnt seem to be doing the job. You do hear of the miracles;-)

Was told at first was just hormones and to stop exercising etc to get balance right, then told PCOS, then not PCOS condition just the symptoms and more recently it is PCOS condition although I am not a typical case . Different consultants slightly different views. Not had a natural period as dont OV. Had ovarian drilling but no effect. Maybe I am an unexplained case.

Sometimes I wonder if better off spending my money on a two week exotic holiday and having a good time?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

I'm curious about people's experiences after chemical pregnancy. What was your cycle like after? I'm counting the 1st day of the bleed as CD1 but my GP said that it isn't really CD1 as it wasn't a period as such. I have had 2 very heavy days 1-2, nothing at all on day 3 and today and yest only a very light bleed so I think I'm nearly done. GP said just dtd every other day this cycle as I can't date it but I will also use my OPKs aswell. Any advice? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Thanks, yes we lost the baby and it sucks but you just have to pick yourself up and get on with things again.
    I hope your little girl is flying it. She will be a year old soon won't she?
    Isn't it funny how we're both back around these parts again at the same time :-) fingers crossed we all migrate to the "Due XX" side of boards again soon.

Yes 11 month birthday coming up on Sunday. I lost track of the 'Due XX' boards as my 'Due in Aug 2014' thread formed our own secret facebook group (6 of us) where no-one can see our posts only ourselves. it has been fantastic to see all the babas growing up and share experiences and there has been a few meetups.
    I'd love to get to that side of the board again one day but not this month alas, AF arrived today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

that's a great idea with the fb page . sorry to hear your out his month lucuma.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I've been trying to stay away from this forum lately and just relax and try not to think about TTC. Very hard to do when my period arrived for the second month in a row on CD23. These are my clomid months. I'm due to start another month of clomid tomorrow but honestly I don't know if i should if it keeps fecking up my cycle. I feel uttlerly in despair about the whole process right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

yellow hen wrote: »
    I've been trying to stay away from this forum lately and just relax and try not to think about TTC. Very hard to do when my period arrived for the second month in a row on CD23. These are my clomid months. I'm due to start another month of clomid tomorrow but honestly I don't know if i should if it keeps fecking up my cycle. I feel uttlerly in despair about the whole process right now.

I am so sorry to hear that. I really do empathize with the feelings of despair.

Can you do anything nice for yourself today? Inhaling chocolate at the cinema or having a pedicure are my personal "i am having a s**t day and I need some comfort* go tos!. Obviously they don't fix anything but they might give some temp relief.

*hugs*

brokensoul wrote: »
    I am so sorry to hear that. I really do empathize with the feelings of despair.

Can you do anything nice for yourself today? Inhaling chocolate at the cinema or having a pedicure are my personal "i am having a s**t day and I need some comfort* go tos!. Obviously they don't fix anything but they might give some temp relief.

*hugs*

Aw I'm being totally indulgent brokensoul. I'm in work but I've horrible period pain and really just want to go home but I'm only back in after 3 weeks off so can't do that. It'll pass. I'll be in my bed by 7:30 tonight though!

• Advertisement

dreamstar how did your surgery go? How are you recovering now? AF was due today, had tender boobs on and off the last few days, no other symptoms apart from really bad constipation (which is probably just a coincidence - in fact could be caused by the vitamins I'm taking for fertility) did a cheapie hpt this morning thought I saw a shadow so did a first response and a definite line, due 2nd May if it sticks - wahooo :-) can't believe it happened much easier this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Lucuma wrote: »
    dreamstar how did your surgery go? How are you recovering now? AF was due today, had tender boobs on and off the last few days, no other symptoms apart from really bad constipation (which is probably just a coincidence - in fact could be caused by the vitamins I'm taking for fertility) did a cheapie hpt this morning thought I saw a shadow so did a first response and a definite line, due 2nd May if it sticks - wahooo :-) can't believe it happened much easier this time around

Congratulations!! Fingers and toes crossed. I was due 1st May this year and it's been a lovely time to be on maternity leave x

ah Congrats Lucuma no hanging round this time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Congrats Lucuma, great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Lucuma wrote:
    dreamstar how did your surgery go? How are you recovering now?

Wow biggest congrats Lucuma! Been a while since we've had a positive here. Fab news.

Surgery went great thanks. They removed the cyst - which was huge. They compared it to a watermelon!!!! But they managed to save my ovary and said everything looks healthy. Was the best news ever!

Recovery is going well. Just taking things slow. Consultant said to give it a few weeks before TTC but to just go for it. She doesn't think I should have any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

big congrats lucuma! rem you from the aug14 threads. that was quick well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Congratulations Lucuma! All the best for everything.m

Congrats Lucuma. Hope you have a healthy 9 months ahead

dreamstar wrote: »
    Wow biggest congrats Lucuma! Been a while since we've had a positive here. Fab news.

Surgery went great thanks. They removed the cyst - which was huge. They compared it to a watermelon!!!! But they managed to save my ovary and said everything looks healthy. Was the best news ever!

Recovery is going well. Just taking things slow. Consultant said to give it a few weeks before TTC but to just go for it. She doesn't think I should have any issues.

Oh wow that is really great news :)

73trix wrote: »
    big congrats lucuma! rem you from the aug14 threads. that was quick well done!

I know - took 1 year the last time - only 3 months this time. I wasn't expecting it to happen so quick, let's just hope it lasts now x

• Advertisement

Had some mid cycle spotting this month and just feel slightly 'off' since so beginning to build my hopes up that something might be stirring. (Queue major disappointment). I'm tempted to go buy some tests but just wondering which ones are best for testing before the arrival of period. Are there any good cheapies?

yellow hen wrote: »
    Had some mid cycle spotting this month and just feel slightly 'off' since so beginning to build my hopes up that something might be stirring. (Queue major disappointment). I'm tempted to go buy some tests but just wondering which ones are best for testing before the arrival of period. Are there any good cheapies?

Dunno but first response (pink box) that you get in Boots will give results a few days before AF is due. They are not cheapies though. I used a cheapie (from ebay) last week and the line was almost invisible (I could see it though only from experience), but the line on a fr the same day was very clear.
    Finger's x'd for you xx

yellow hen wrote:

I remember someone on this thread saying that they sell tests on dealz that are very sensitive and accurate. I never saw them though.

Good luck yellowhen!!!!

tesco ones are accurate too

Thanks all. I'm sure I've jinxed it by even posting here :(

nothing like peeing on a stick to bring on af the witch!

Feels so strange but I'm on CD37 and every time I go to the look I'm hoping AF arrives.

My cycle is obviously all over the place after the surgery. I had some light bleeding about 5 days after surgery. I'm not sure if that was my period or just a result of surgery. If it wasn't my period then I'm late which is likely after the surgery too.

Anyway I just can't wait to get back into a normal cycle and start trying again.

dreamstar wrote: »
    Feels so strange but I'm on CD37 and every time I go to the look I'm hoping AF arrives.

My cycle is obviously all over the place after the surgery. I had some light bleeding about 5 days after surgery. I'm not sure if that was my period or just a result of surgery. If it wasn't my period then I'm late which is likely after the surgery too.

Anyway I just can't wait to get back into a normal cycle and start trying again.

They likely drained a lot of blood when they were in there so it can take a bit longer for a regular period to come back. It took 42 days for me so hopefully yours will return soon.

I didn't buy any tests after all. I just decided I couldn't handle seeing a negative test so I'll wait it out.... For some reason I don't find that quite as disappointing.

So I'm working from home today and after my second breakfast :(, I just felt sort of crap. Now I'm a bit of a hypocondriac at the best of times so you wouldn't want to read that much into it but the lure of tesco got the better of me so I went and bought a tesco cheapie pregnancy test.

I'm cd21 (last two cycles were 22/23 days) but previously they were 26/27/28 so given the date and the fact that it wasn't the first urine of the day, I knew it was probably a waste of time and money.

BUT.........two lines almost immediately. I'm in utter shock. Have cried for about 15 minutes. I don't want to tell my husband over the phone so thought boardsies were the next best people to tell. If I didn't say it before (which I definitely didn't), I LOVE CLOMID!

• Advertisement

congratulations!!!bloody delighted for ya!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement