Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

That's great news Hollywood, hope you will be on the "due in" threads very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Thanks bobskii, it sounds horrible but ok once explained like that!

Me too YH, I need to get my smear done too, going to wait until AF arrives & leaves next week, should have had it done a couple of months ago but put it on the long finger. You'd think I'd know better.
    Long Protocol is IVF cycle over 6 weeks as bobskii said, they use it for people with Endometriosis which I have.

Little Miss Cutie, thank you, oh never even thought of those threads, how exciting! Fingers crossed x I'm looking forward to getting going with it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Very exciting Hollywood, here's to a new beginning for you and your partner. Everything crossed all goes well for you over the next few weeks :)

Thanks Digs, it's an exciting time, scary rime too !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

it sounds horrible and you think how will I ever get through it but it's not so bad . The worst part for me was driving up and down to my appointments for scans on growth . my husband did the injections and I just took it as easy as possible .
    like a lot of things in life the thoughts of it are worse than actually going through it . Best of luck with it.

• Advertisement

bobskii wrote: »
    it sounds horrible and you think how will I ever get through it but it's not so bad . The worst part for me was driving up and down to my appointments for scans on growth . my husband did the injections and I just took it as easy as possible .
    like a lot of things in life the thoughts of it are worse than actually going through it . Best of luck with it.

Driving up and down is the part I'm not looking forward too either, unfortunately it's a 2 hour drive to get there but it has to be done! Hoping to be able to take a few days off together but it may prove difficult woth lomg protocol, will take each day as it comes

Yeh the concentration of driving alone would leave ya knackered . but they left us every second or third day to scan cos we had an hours drive up so they might do the same for you . here's hoping anyway, my hiccup came with me the first time but then I just went by myself and had a wander round the shops afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

I think I am giving myself symptoms, sore boobs, running to the loo etc......

Please tell me I am not alone in the craziness

Oh Miss Cutie you are DEFINITELY not alone on that. And I don't know how to relax about it myself. I'm only on CD7 so the two week wait seems like AGES away. :P But I have a few big things coming up in work so I'm hoping that will distract me. :D

Hollywood - great to hear that your appointment went well. Delighted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

How many appointments do you have over the 6 weeks? Or will that depend on growth?

Ah Lucyfur, I am have been calmer the other couple of months but I feel off this month. I normally have a little spotting around day 24/25 and none!
    Plus my SIL is expecting and I would love us to have babies close togeher

• Advertisement

Sorry, my question was directed at Hollywood - I should have quoted!

I think it does depend on growth . It think I had three growth scans the retrieval. you wait then to see how many fertilise depending on if your going for say 3 or day 5 transfer then it's a waiting game.

I hope they do that Bobskii, I'm going to look for the early appointments for the scans so that I only need maybe 2-3 hours off work, OH will drive me as he'll soon be only doing part-time work for the Summer, the timing is working out well. I need to stop stressing about work though, I'm afraid I won't have enough holiday days for this but I need to stop stressing over that, it'll work itself out.

Little Miss Cutie I'm on CD22, running to the loo alot too, I hadn't realised I was in the 2ww until you mentioned it!!! Had sharp pains down both sides yesterday which was weird, normally only get them down the right side. Had reflexology recently and she said my left side wasn't working properly so she done a bit of work on that, maybe that's why I'm feeling some pains now! So I suppose this is my last chance to get pregnant naturally before IVF, how funny would it be if I was & I've just paid for IVF!!!

Lucyfur, it will depend on growth, there was ALOT of information but I'll have an appointment on Day 21 of the cycle, scans every 2-3 days after that depending on growth, one for EC and 1 for ET. Could probably have 6-7 appointments. And then the dreaded 2WW.

[quote="Hollywood130;95456033" So I suppose this is my last chance to get pregnant naturally before IVF, how funny would it be if I was & I've just paid for IVF!!! .[/quote]

It would be great! I wonder what there refund policy is????

I'm guessing they'd treat it as a cancelled cycle & maybe only charge me €500! But again I've been 6 years trying so the odds of it happening this month alone are quite slim!

I was exactly the same!

I'm guessing they'd treat it as a cancelled cycle & maybe only charge me €500! But again I've been 6 years trying so the odds of it happening this month alone are quite slim!

Yikes, didn't realise it has been so long. Fingers crossed

Yikes, didn't realise it has been so long. Fingers crossed

Actually - I'm just curious. And if I'm being too nosey please feel free to ignore me but how long has everyone been trying?
    For us - I'm 29 and my husbnd is 33. We've been trying since January 2014 (Not that long comapred to some here - I know) We've had one pregnancy that sadly ended in a miscarriage in August last year.
    We're going to keep trying until this August and then we will probably look into starting tests etc. Fingers crossed we won't need to. :(

Really bobskii?? Did you end up having the IVF??

I know Little Miss Cutie, the years don't be long passing you by... keeping everything crossed xx

yep . We were 6 years try in,had our Ivf last year . actually it's exactly a year ago since I got my positive on the test so fingers crossed it's the same for you.

• Advertisement

5 years. 4 miscarriages, 1 ectopic and countless chemicals.

Oh Ladies, you have been on a really tough road.

We have only being trying a couple of months, really nothing compared to yourselves 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Oh Ladies, you have been on a really tough road.

We have only being trying a couple of months, really nothing compared to yourselves 😳

Agreed. Can't even contemplate such a hard road. Hopefully this is your year.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

5 years, 3 pregnancies, 2 miscarriages, 1 vanishing twin. 1 baby.

6 years numerous tests, drugs tears and still no reason. finally a successful first cycle of ivf. never give up hope x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

4yrs, 1 pregnancy, 1 baby, 2 laparoscopies, 3 cysts and 3 bouts of endo....and a partridge in a pear tree!

Lucyfur wrote:
    5 years. 4 miscarriages, 1 ectopic and countless chemicals.

Oh Lucyfur that's so tough. I never ever understood how hard going through a miscarriage is until I went through it myself. But to go through 4 and everything else you've been through. Are you currently trying for number 1 or have you had a successful pregnancy? If I'm prying I'm sorry. It's amazing how strong you and your partner are to go through all of that together. Very brave. Xx

Gosh ladies I'm so emotional reading all of your experiences. It's so sad what some of us here have gone through. Neyite I remember reading your posts way way back when you lost your twin - your little angel. Such a tough thing to go through. I'm in awe of you all. Very brave bunch of ladies on this thread and I think it's so lovely to come here where we can learn from each other and help each other. Plus it's so lovely to hear the success stories.

dreamstar wrote: »
    Oh Lucyfur that's so tough. I never ever understood how hard going through a miscarriage is until I went through it myself. But to go through 4 and everything else you've been through. Are you currently trying for number 1 or have you had a successful pregnancy? If I'm prying I'm sorry. It's amazing how strong you and your partner are to go through all of that together. Very brave. Xx

Yes! I should have mentioned that. I have a very wonderful almost 13 year old. He's brilliant :) The misses weren't too bad for me. Well, obviously they were upsetting, but I bounced back fairly quickly. The ectopic was hard going both physically and emotionally.

• Advertisement

Wow Bobskii, that makes me feel a whole lot more positive! Would be fantastic to get pregnant on the first round! Getting me act in shape now, cutting down the caffeine, getting diet in shape and staying as stress free as possible!

Sorry to hear that Lucyfur xx

6 years, lots of drugs, sweat and tears :-( hoping a baby is waiting at the end of our first IVF cycle starting in June

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement