Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Dreamstar so sorry to hear your news, it's so so frustrating and disappointing when it arrives :-( Least you can start again without waiting any longer.

Thanks Typer Monkey, trying to loose some weight before my appointment and stay as stress free as possible, must say both are working exceptionally well (not)!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

dreamstar wrote: »
    So literally straight after writing my comment went to the bathroom........and it's arrived. :( Mother nature reared her very ugly head.
    Am so gutted!
    Guess I'll have to order some more ovulation sticks. :mad:
    y

Sorry dreamstar *big hugs* xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭MeganMay

So sorry to read you're out this month Dreamstar, hope you and hubby have an extra lovely dinner together tonight. x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Aw sorry you're out dreamstar, it's so disappointing. Enjoy the dinner out!

Yellow hen glad you're feeling optimistic, it's great to have a plan of action and get going on it. I know it makes me a feel a bit more in control. Crossing my fingers for you big time :)

Megan hope you're feeling good and not too nervous, easier said than done I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Thanks guys. I'm feeling a little better today.

It really got to me yesterday. :( It's now been a year since we got pregnant the first time - I never thought it would take so long. What makes it harder is that both my sisters-in-law have had very easy pregnancies. One is due in a few months and the other's child is nearly one. I don't know why but I sometimes feel under pressure or something. And I hate admitting it but sometimes I feel INSANELY jelous of them. It's silly I know.

As someone advised before I think I need to just focus on myself for a bit and the rest will come together.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I do feel the very same Dreamstar, why wouldn't you feel jealous, it's only natural, they have no idea your jealous and you don't feel it in a bad way, its just a longing we have. Don't feel silly, it's totally understandable

I do feel the very same Dreamstar, why wouldn't you feel jealous, it's only natural, they have no idea your jealous and you don't feel it in a bad way, its just a longing we have. Don't feel silly, it's totally understandable

Thanks Hollywood. It's nice to know someone understands. Sometimes I can't even be around them - there's only so much fake smiling and pregnancy talk I'm able for. Most of the time I'm fine but other times it's just hard. It's as if they don't appreciate how lucky they are. The girl who's pregnant is still smoking and it breaks my heart - but I wouldn't dare open my mouth. :rolleyes:

And I know my husband has told his brothers that we are trying and I hate that they even know that it's not happening for us. :(

That's even worse if they know what you are going through and still relay everything on you. Shocked that one is still smoking, things like that kill me... I won't even get into it because the rant will never end!

People work in funny ways, like my sister-in-law knows we are trying and yet she cannot wait for every opportunity to tell me someone she knows is pregnant & I'm like I don't care why are you telling me this. It was so tough so I try to limit my interaction with her! But again it's hard and people don't stop to consider your feelings.

But again it's hard and people don't stop to consider your feelings.

Yeah I know. :( I really think that people just don't understand how hard it is. I don't think they are being inconsiderate on purpose - they just don't get it.

And I think the smoking thing really bothers me because me and my partner gave up smoking before we even tried to conceive and we started eating healthy etc etc. We are doing everything possible and yet there she is smoking away and it all happens so easy. Anyway I have to stop letting it get to me. Her situation has nothing to do with me. I'm just in that type of mood - I'll get out of it eventually. :o

No, they really don't. It's taken for granted that when you get to a certain age you'll get married and have a family, it just doesn't happen that way...

We all get into that mood, it's hard to get wrapped up in it when it's so close to you, you definitely need to remove yourself from the situation whenever you can.

I just got me call from the clinic to confirm my appointment on Tuesday and it is IVF not ICSI we are having! Roll on Tuesday

• Advertisement

Thanks Hollywood. I've really found this thread so helpful to get things off my chest. Thanks ladies!

And best of luck with the appointment on Tuesday. Will be thinking of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Thats great news Hollywood xxx Good luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Hi all,

I started trying to chart my temps last week and I am really struggling with it. I normally get up at 7 and wake approx 5.30 before turning back over. I have found myself waking at 2.30am, 4.30am which makes it impossible to get a reading after 4 hrs sleep in/around 5.30.......

How does everyone else do it?

Me too Dreamstar, it's great to have others in the same situation!
    Thanks Stickybean

Looking forward to tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 yellow feather

I've decided to stop lurking and start posting. :)

Two observations.

For those of you who use ovulation strips, the ones where two lines appear and you're ovulating if the first one is darker. Anyone else, in the bleary-eyed hours of the morning, ever forget that it's an ovulation strip and not a pregnancy one, and get excited when the second line appears? :o (The tests really do look so similar.)

Second observation - how the hell is it so easy for some people? I see old childhood friends on Facebook popping out child after child after child - do they know how lucky they are?

I've decided to stop lurking and start posting. :)

Hi Yellow Feather :)

I've never taken a pregnancy test so can't comment on first observation.

I think some people are just really lucky, the same people probably never had to "try" so don't know how lucky they are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Hi

Hello my little yellow cousin :pac::pac::pac:

Yellow Feather - welcome, glad you decided to join us!

No, people DO NOT realise how lucky they are, they take it as a given, like 'oh she must not want children' or this one amazes me but I've heard it 'they're too selfish to have children, they like taking their 2 holidays a year', because they're the only reasons, it could never be that they are desperately trying but it's not working. Actually one that was said to me 'she has the same problem as you & she got pregnant so you will too' BUT it wasn't the same problem... ok RANT OVER!

Each test I've taken has failed to excite me, haven't used the Ovulation strips & unfortunately haven't been in a position to take a test in a long long time :-(

I suppose when we started trying I thought it would happen straight away, shock of a lifetime when it didn't, not just getting over the shock that I need IVF, hoping for no shocks tomorrow only positive vibes and good feelings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Best of luck tomorrow Hollywood.

73trix wrote: »
    Best of luck tomorrow Hollywood.

Good luck tomorrow Hollywood.

• Advertisement

Good luck tomorrow hollywood

Good luck tomorrow Hollywood. Will be thinking of you! Hope everyone is keeping well. I'm trying to keep positive on my fresh new cycle.

Oh and welcome yellow feather!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Best of luck today Hollywood, positive vibes!

Hi all,
    I am on CD26, normally 28 day cycle and am driving myself insane. I think I am giving myself symptoms, sore boobs, running to the loo etc......

Please tell me I am not alone in the craziness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

COmes with the territory I'm afraid! :eek:

Thanks everyone for your wishes! Well today went well, the talk was fantastic, very informative & the history appointment after went well. I'm currently on CD21 so it'll be next month when we start, I have to have an Endo Scratch first & They decided Long Protocol for us. Delighted to have finally started the journey and have a plan in place. Got to have bloods done for Thyroid, Fsh etc on Day 4-7 of nextcycle

Hope everyone is keeping well x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

the endo scratch is fine, not unlike a smearing did the long protocol too . best of luck with it :)

What's long protocol? I have to go for a smear tomorrow. I'm bang on mid cycle but I may as well get it done rather than leave it to next month when I'm on clomid and am a walking baby-maker :) ( I hope)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

long protocol is when you do it over 6 weeks . The drug administration is not as intense as it would b with short protocol.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement