Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

I'm pregnant!!!

Huge congrats Typer Monkey!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Thanks everyone! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Congratulations Typer!! I keep an eye on this thread as I got a lot of support from it - love seeing good news

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Oh congrats Typer, delighted for you!! Good thing you kept going, just goes to show :D Happiest and healthiest nine months to you :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Definitely keep trying Dreamstar. I got peak fertility after 9 days of high this month and I just did a test and I'm pregnant!!!

Oh my gosh!!!!
    DELIGHTED for you Typer. That's fantastic news! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

so 5 days of clomid done and it actually was grand this time. I wasn't the thundering b*tch I thought I'd be. Hopefully, one of the three months will be a success!

Fingers crossed for you yellow hen

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Huge Congratulations Typer Monkey, lots of great news on here the past few weeks, might be a sign of things to come! Hope you have a happy & healthy pregnancy xxx stay in touch & keeping everything crossed for you.

Keeping everything crossed for you too YH, I think the symptoms go after the first round of chlomid, they basically did for me, your system probably gets used to it...

I've my Endo scratch on Thursday, not looking forward to it, but in saying that, I.m happy to be moving forward, starting nasal spray on Friday... being very positive, keeping the stress levels down and going to create some bliss in our bedroom so I can use it as a retreat when I'm about to freak out in the coming weeks !!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

SUPER news Typer Monkey!!!! :)

Happy and healthy nine months ahead x

Has anyone had a cancelled cycle due to high Prolactin levels?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Read your post on the other thread. I can't help you but really hope it doesn't interfere with this oi attempt. Will the clinic talk to you over the phone in the morn?

Feeling a bit fed up now YH, just wish I knew earlier and at least I'd have answers. I'm sure they will talk to me over the phone, I'm guessing they'll repeat the bloods after my next period & maybe then make a decision... So annoying though, it could be cancelled before I even get started, just my luck... I'm still starting the nasal spray in the morning though and I'll ring the clinic at 9am.

Wish there was a way for me to lower it though, I suppose stressing doesn't help

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I had an OI cycle cancelled, and I've had high prolactin levels, but not together. If you go to the GP, get the bloods done in the morning as prolactin can fluctuate and be higher in the afternoons for some reason,

Did they give you a reading of how high the prolactin was?

No Neyite and I was so annoyed that I didn't even ask, I had the bloods done on CD5 at 9am... I rang the clinic and they are going to get a nurse to have a look at the results, they will phone me if there is an issue but if I don't hear anything it's ok... this is all I need.

Started my sniffer though, so I am on the road to a happy ending (hopefully)!!! Sniffer will take a bit of getting used to I can tell ya, it irritated my nose and the taste in the back of my throat was horrid!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Stress can increase prolactin so maybe that's why the morning bloods show a better result. I think it'd want to be pretty high before they cancel, or if it is, bromocriptine usually brings it down quickly enough.

I'm hoping they wont cancel on you.

Thanks Neyite, they haven't called yet so maybe it's ok. I'm guessing they might repeat it after next AF anyway just to see, fingers crossed

So my Prolactin is 46, apparently last year it was high too so my IVF has been postponed until I have an MRI done 😢

Ah that sucks! I'd the mri too. 3mm one found. But the endocrinologist said it wasnt a factor in the infertility issues.

Neyite wrote: »
    Ah that sucks! I'd the mri too. 3mm one found. But the endocrinologist said it wasnt a factor in the infertility issues.

It does suck... How'd they treat it Neyite, just the tablets you mentioned??

It does suck... How'd they treat it Neyite, just the tablets you mentioned??

Yeah, just one tiny tablet a day, you come off them when you get your BFP. I think within a couple of weeks my bloods were at normal levels.

• Advertisement

Well I suppose that isn't too bad, inly a 2 week delay really then, they said I should have the appointment within 2 weeks, fingers crossed I do & we can get rolling again. Feel a little bit better now, thank you xx

So my Prolactin is 46, apparently last year it was high too so my IVF has been postponed until I have an MRI done 😢

Ah I'm really sorry to hear that Hollywood. Hopefully the MRI is fine quickly and you can move forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

ah ball's! Best get it sorted though to give yourself the best chance when you are doing your ivf.

Ah so sorry to hear that it was delayed Hollywood. Guess they need to be thorough. Hope you're feeling OK.

I'm due my period now on Tuesday. Stupidly took an early response pregnancy test today and it was negative. I never usually take the tests but this month felt different. Feeling deflated now.

Sorry to hear that Dreamstar, I know how u feel xx but maybe don't loose hope just yet.
    Thanks everyone, I've gotten over it now so I'm just going to sit tight until I get the letter for the MRI, suppose once that is sorted I should have a better chance once we start again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Really sorry you've had a bump in the road Hollywood, hope you're back up and running soon.

Dreamstar - think we've all been there, the disappointment sucks, hopefully it's still too early for you :)

I'm dipping in and out lately, ignoring ttc for the moment, have exams this week and need my head elsewhere. Living for our holiday next month!!

Good luck with the exams Digs!

Well I'm only on CD24 and AF is starting to rear her ugly head, only very slightly spotting but looks like it's going to be early. If I get this MRI through quickly I could be starting again sooner than I thought!

Hope everyone else is doing ok, great to see the sunshine today, would certainly make you feel better xx

If I get this MRI through quickly I could be starting again sooner than I thought!
    Aw well that's good news Hollywood. Yeah the weather definitely helps the mood! :)

Best of luck Digs - hope the exams are going well!

I'm feeling ok. AF due tomorrow and I am expecting it to come. Did a test Sat and was negative so not too optomistic.
    Have been getting bad pains the last few weeks and I think it might be my ovarian cyst playing up. :( If I do get my AF over the next few days I might look into getting a scan done to check up on it. I'm so afraid they'll send me for surgery again as that will delay TTC. But we'll see what happens I guess.
    Am feeling fine about things lately though. I guess things will happen when they're meant to. I'm just concentrating on eating healthy, getting some exercise and having fun! :) That could all be te sunshine talking! :D

Good luck with the exams Digs!

Well I'm only on CD24 and AF is starting to rear her ugly head, only very slightly spotting but looks like it's going to be early. If I get this MRI through quickly I could be starting again sooner than I thought!

Hope everyone else is doing ok, great to see the sunshine today, would certainly make you feel better xx

I meant to say to you, I got mine in less than a week from when the fertility clinic requested it as I was on VHI -its not a fertility test strictly speaking so it was covered. And I got a disc with the mri - was cool zooming through my own head on the computer, if a tad freaky :D

• Advertisement

The sunshine is making us all a little more positive Dreamstar! Its great! Heading out for a run now... Well I'll have AF tomorrow too, been spotting all day & craving bad food!

Funny you should say that Neyite, they called me today & offered me an appointment for THIS Friday, bit too short notice so I'm going on the 19th, so happy I got it already.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement