Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Starting IVF in May so maybe I should concentrate in that... Really hoping it works, din't know how I'll cope if it doesn't

Hi Hollywood,
    I am new to this whole process, but just wanted to say best of luck with the Ivf. My brother in law and his wife are about 8 wks pregnant on their second attempt, after 5 years of trying. Hopefully you will only need one attempt xx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Was offline a bit lately but caught up on everyone's news there. Hope you're all ok...the sun does wonders for your mental health doesn't it?

CD18 here. Just forgetting about it now for the next few weeks and focusing on my next appt with the coombe. If they don't start me on clomid immediately, I'm off to Sims. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Good luck this month Yellow Hen! We are due some good news on this thread :) xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Thank You Little Miss Cutie, so glad your brother & his wife had a happy ending, always nice to read good news stories. Praying it works out for us & one round does it! We’ll definitely go for a second round if we must as I know there is obviously a learning curve with that too.

YH, missing the sunshine already, gone very dull & grey in the west… was hoping to get to the beach over the weekend to wash off the cobwebs but don’t think that will be happening! Good luck with this cycle, good that your trying to forget about it & get on with things, good attitude x

I'm already coming to the end of AF, this week has gone by so quickly. And so it all begins again!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭cinloom

hi all, Is any of you who took clomid, when stopped it have period later ? I have been waiting for them the last 5 days and still nothing. a bit sore on one side that s it. a bit of dark blood yesterday on day 32. Too scared to do a pregnancy test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭MeganMay

Happy Friday to those of ye who don't work weekends! Hope ye have some nice plans and Mr Sun decides to honour us all again with his appearance.

Don't know what cycle day I am, the appointment last week knocked me for six a bit and I haven't been keeping track of it and trying not this month, just to have a wee break for a few days. Enjoying reading about everyone else's though, and hoping this thread will have some good news soon!

I have a review about with the consultant this Thursday coming so can get on track of things. I think I'll be booking a laproscopy and then all going to plan, starting ICSI (IVF) but I have no idea of what the timeline is or how/what I'm going to tell my work. I'm hoping that with my low AMH we get the ball rolling soon!

MeganMay, thinking of you. A lot of what you said is double Dutch to me but hopefully all things will go smoothly for you from now on.

I had a positive OPK today so let the fun commence :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

MeganMay wrote: »

I have a review about with the consultant this Thursday coming so can get on track of things.

Hi MeganMay - will be thinking of you on Thursday. I know it must be so hard but this might just be the step that 'fixes' everything so I'm staying positive for you!
    Let us know how it goes! :o

So......how is everyone doing? :o
    I'm feeling ok. In the two week wait now and can't help but symptom spot. I need to stop. At times I think I'm imagining sore boobs. :rolleyes:

We 'did the dance' a lot before ovulation this month but not so much after so I'm just hoping it was enough. My fertility friend calendar says my period will be due on 10th May. So have a long way to go.

Hows everyone else doing?

dreamstar wrote: »
    Hows everyone else doing?

I am starting the two week wait again from tomorrow. Although had my smear today so I imagine that might not help with TTC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

8 days into the 2 week wait here. I'm the most impatient person ever..hate waiting for news! I'm trying not to symptom spot because I've had very few natural cycles between coming off the pill and being pregnant for the 10 weeks so it's hard to know what's 'normal'. I do have sore tingly boobs tho! :D

I think I could test Saturday and knowing me I probably will!

Oooh keep us posted Typermonkey!!! MissCutie I have the tingly boobs too. Although I also had this the last few months. I wonder if it's something I always had but never paid attention to before. Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

All good here! I exhausted myself mentally with the symptom spotting last month that I literally have zero interest this cycle. Haven't a clue what day I'm on, although the monitor will start nagging me for sticks I'd say shortly :p

I'm a bridesmaid this weekend and have a work night out next weekend so gonna enjoy myself and forget about things for the next week or so...... I have to say it's a weight off my shoulders to have a bit of a break.

Good luck to all the two week waiters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Beat of luck Dreamstar, its good to get your mind off it too if you can though! I've just started again on day 8 now, getting started with IVF on May 12th, we gave our appointment so I'm looking forward to that. Don't think we should 'be doing the dance' but I doubt they'll start anything until my next period so I'm seeing it as last chance brigade !!! Next period due May 17th.

Hope it works out for you Little Miss Cutie, I'm so bad, was due a smear in November, better make that appointment.

Saturday won't be long coming TyperMonkey, keeping everything crossed for you x

It's good you have other things to keep you occupied Digs, enjoy the wedding!

Digs wrote: »
    All good here! I exhausted myself mentally with the symptom spotting last month that I literally have zero interest this cycle. Haven't a clue what day I'm on, although the monitor will start nagging me for sticks I'd say shortly :p

I'm a bridesmaid this weekend and have a work night out next weekend so gonna enjoy myself and forget about things for the next week or so...... I have to say it's a weight off my shoulders to have a bit of a break.

Good luck to all the two week waiters :D

I'm like that most of the time, although admittedly when I'm not, it really really brings me down. I'm occupying myself with trying to sell our house and find another which is depressing in a whole other sense!

I'm only cd22 and I have a strange feeling that period is due to arrive earlier than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Good luck Hollywood, sending huge positive vibes your way for the Ivf. My cousin has just had success with her first Ivf cycle and I am seriously over the moon for them.

Don't envy you with selling the house YH, it's a stressful time in itself. You had your little person the month before I had mine last time I thinkso with the natural order of things I'm hoping to follow your good news this time round with my own the month after :D:D Hopefully the strange feeling you have turns out to be the good kind ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

8 days into the 2 week wait here. I'm the most impatient person ever..hate waiting for news! I'm trying not to symptom spot because I've had very few natural cycles between coming off the pill and being pregnant for the 10 weeks so it's hard to know what's 'normal'. I do have sore tingly boobs tho! :D

I think I could test Saturday and knowing me I probably will!

Only catching up on this thread today, I'm so sorry to read of your loss and I'm glad to read you're back and ready to try again! :)

Best of luck to everyone on the two week wait!

i think this thread is due a lot of good news and silver linings :)

Thanks Sittingpretty, you're very kind. Yeah we're feeling good and positive and started trying again this month so keeping the fingers crossed :D

i think this thread is due a lot of good news and silver linings :)

Definitely!! :D
    Seems to be a few two week waiters so hopefully there's good news soon.

Digs wrote: »
    the natural order of things I'm hoping to follow your good news this time round with my own the month after :D:D Hopefully the strange feeling you have turns out to be the good kind ;)

Ok, that's a plan. Don't go without me now! :pac:

• Advertisement

So like a eejit I tested this morning. My rationale was that I got a positive result 11 days after positive ovulation test with the last pregnancy on a digital first response..negative this morning tho :o

It's really silly tho because now my mind is telling me 'oh sure it's still probably too early' Grrr I'll never learn!

Not sure when my period is due either because I haven't had a cycle of the same length since coming off the pill last October. I'm going to try and give it another week anyway...no really I am, I promise ;)

So like a eejit I tested this morning. My rationale was that I got a positive result 11 days after positive ovulation test with the last pregnancy on a digital first response..negative this morning tho :o

It's really silly tho because now my mind is telling me 'oh sure it's still probably too early' Grrr I'll never learn!

Not sure when my period is due either because I haven't had a cycle of the same length since coming off the pill last October. I'm going to try and give it another week anyway...no really I am, I promise ;)

Did you try first response?

Hi sittingpretty, I used a clear blue digital 4 days early one with the countdown timer? Same brand as when I tested in January. Ah I think I've learned my lesson this time and am going to just wait to test if/when I'm late

Hi sittingpretty, I used a clear blue digital 4 days early one with the countdown timer? Same brand as when I tested in January. Ah I think I've learned my lesson this time and am going to just wait to test if/when I'm late

Oh absolutely, you're right.

I'm very impatient and though I want to be disciplined the draw of first response 6 days before due date just reels me in. And it's really not a good thing. I'm not TTC but this is how I've been historically. Constant knicker watch and a fortune on wasted tests! :D

Best of luck on test date! :)

Typer Monkey, fingers crossed you're just testing a little too early. 11 days post ovulation is still pretty early days as far as I know anyways.

So... things have done a complete turnabout for me. After the not-so-great news at the doctor's appointment two weeks ago re: himself's spermies and my eggs, I was a bit down in the dumps and sorry for myself. Stopped tracking this cycle and tried to just forgot about it for a bit while we waited for the review appointment, which was yesterday. But just in the last few days, I kinda kept thinking in the back of my head... shouldn't I be due now? I went to bed on Wednesday night thinking if I haven't got my period in the morning, I'll check my Fertility Friend app and see if/how late I am and then possibly test. Woke up at 6am, opened my app yesterday only to see that I was 6 days late! So, had a first response test in my drawer back from when we first started TTC, trip to the bathroom, and up pops two beautiful pink lines! I was floored!

I'm still a bit in shock, it hasn't really sunk in yet as it feels like a miracle. Praying and hoping it all goes well now.

Hope there's more good news on the thread now, seems to be a lot of two week waiters. Crossing my fingers for everyone :D

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Awww Megan thats brilliant news!!!!

What a way to start the bank holiday weekend :):)

Congrats Megan May!!! Amazing news, especially after the news you got at your appointment. You must be over the moon!!

Ah Megan, that is brilliant news!! Absolutely delighted for you ;)

Thanks a million guys, I'm absolutely delighted. Super SUPER nervous and praying that everything goes ok but trying not to stress too much about anything now. I'm so distracted as well, don't know how I'm going to think about anything else for the next while lol!

• Advertisement

Yay! Wonderful news!

Here's hoping it's the first of many on this thread!

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement