Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

good Hollywood cos that's the best way to be!hope it all goes to plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

So I am late, how long should I wait to test? Is morning really the best time to test?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

So I am late, how long should I wait to test? Is morning really the best time to test?

Oh my gosh........Excitement! :D
    So how late are you? And are you usually regular?

I think the first morning test is usually the best but as far as I know once you are really late it should show up no matter what time you test. My problem is that I can be irregular so I can think I'm late but might not be.

Let us know if you do test!! :D:D

dreamstar wrote: »
    Oh my gosh........Excitement! :D
    So how late are you? And are you usually regular?

Yep very regular always 28 days with spotting for a couple of days before. This month nothing apart from very sore boobs, lots of peeing and wrecked!!

I was due yesterday, misread the app and was a day further than I thought

Yep very regular always 28 days with spotting for a couple of days before. This month nothing apart from very sore boobs, lots of peeing and wrecked!!

Well if it were me I would be buying the 2 pack of pregnancy tests and do one now and have one for tomorrow - just in case.
    Aw I have my fingers crossed for you Miss Cutie! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Little Miss Cutie, that's great, if you're always regular then I would probably test first thing in the morning if I were you. Fingers crossed x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Ooh good luck!! When I conceived my daughter if I hadn't tested before my missed period a big clue for me would have been a lack of my usual pre period spotting! I got a positive with evening urine on a boots test but this seems to differ for everyone.

Test away and let us know how you get on :)

So looks like I am expecting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

oh wow!!that's super news! :):)

Ahhhh excellent news, congrats!!! :D

Fingers crossed you set off a run of good luck here :)

• Advertisement

Digs wrote: »
    Ahhhh excellent news, congrats!!! :D

Fingers crossed you set off a run of good luck here :)

Thanks, had just started with a personal trainer, when I turned up tonight he won't let me train :) I need to start reading about how to have a healthy plus size pregnancy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Congratulations!!

Congrats!!!

Congrats!!!

Thanks all, am in total shock, expected it to a very long road.
    Baby dust to all, hopefully we have lots more BFP's xx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Congrats!

Aw congratulations Miss Cutie! :D:D:D:D
    That's fantastic news. Let's hope there will be a few more this month.
    Great to get some good news here.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

My head is wrecked by my cycle :( my last one was 28 days so I should be ovulating today if this one was the same length but still getting the flashy smiley face on the clear blue digital dual hormone ovulation tests (have done for the last 4 days). A solid smiley face indicats LH and indicates probable ovulation within the next 48 hours but no solid face yet. Hopefully tomorro the solid smiley feicer will show up!

Probably doesn't matter really as I've taken the approach of having sex every second day since the middle of last week so hopefully will have the bases covered anyway :D

How is everyone else getting on? I'm just back from holidays, it was lovely just chilling out. My husband and I work opposite shifts a lot so we can mostly mind our 2 year old between us but it means we don't get to hang out together in the evenings much so it was nice to do that

Probably doesn't matter really as I've taken the approach of having sex every second day since the middle of last week so hopefully will have the bases covered anyway

Sounds like you're pretty sorted there. Every other day seems to be the recommendations from most doctors. The Smiley's can be frustrating on the opks. Although my problem is usually the lack of smiley. ☺ Last month I ovulated 3 or 4 days later than normal and was getting sick of seeing that empty circle. Could be the hols etc just has you out of sync a bit. Hope you had a lovely time.

I'm doing good. Coming up to ovulation week now. Going to try every second day and start the opks next week. Here's hoping it's a good month for us all! ☺

Had a lovely time thanks dreamstar.

Back to work tomorrow unfortunately. Timing sucks cos I won't see the husband awake now til weds. He leaves for work at 6.30am in the morning and I'm in 2pm til midnight. He says if I get a solid smiley face in the morning to wake him up when I get home tomorrow night. Has to be done I suppose! :D

Has anyone here ever tried acupuncture? I was just enquiring about it and someone called me back to talk me through it. They said to start with the Day 3 and 21 bloods and that the acupuncture can help regulate things etc. It definitely sounds good but €50 a go seems steep - considering it's recommended to do 2 - 4 a month.

I think I may be more stressed than I think. :( I mean I feel fine but I've noticed headaches on and off and I have NEVER suffered from headaches before. So I figure the acupuncture could help with this also?

• Advertisement

Dreamstar I've been going to accupuncture on and off for a few years now. Helped completely clear my sinus and then I went when I was ttc my daughter, I started fairly early on the process as knowing I had PCOS thought I might need some help along the way. It was my 9th cycle on accupuncture I conceived.

Started back with her in January and have def noticed a change in my cycle length, I think it has lengthened my luteal phase and has for the most part sorted out the irregular discharge I have on and off.

For me the most valuable part is the de stress factor. The girl I go to is so so lovely and is great to talk/vent/have a whinge too. I always sleep better after seeing her and feel very positive leaving. I do have vhi cover that pays for ten sessions a year which helps majorly. Getting your bloods done sounds likes good advice, if they know what they may need to work on it might speed things up for you and get a positive result quicker.

Hope you're feeling ok and not too stressed out

Thanks so much for the info Digs! That's good to know - I have VHI so will check if I am entitled to anything with my plan. Never even thought to check. The weird thing is - I don't think I'm stressed. I'm still sleeping fine so that's the main thing - just the niggly headaches are weird.

Oh sorry Digs - also meant to ask - how often do you go?
    I know this is different for everyone but just as a general guide.
    Thanks!

No prob at all :) I try to get over at least twice a month, if I can manage three all the better, in the beginning I went once a week., she def likes to see me as much as possible coming up to ovulation. It's very handy for me as her room is only a few stops up on the luas line so I can go up to her on my lunch which does make it easier.

Definitely check your vhi. Mine covers ten sessions up to €40, she usually charges €50 but dropped it to €40 in line with the vhi meaning I lose nothing going to her which was really nice of her!

Digs wrote: »

Definitely check your vhi. Mine covers ten sessions up to €40, she usually charges €50 but dropped it to €40 in line with the vhi meaning I lose nothing going to her which was really nice of her!

Wow that's great. Does your policy specifically mention acupuncture? I had a look at my policy online and the table of benefits but I don't see it mentioned. I should really call them and check for sure.
    Thanks again Digs!

On mine it falls under alternative therapies, just checked there and it's actually 12 not 10 a year that's covered.It's under the same heading as reflexologist, osteopath, chiropractor etc that's on company plan xtra level 2 on the off chance you're the same.

No harm in giving them a ring to check sure hopefully it's covered for ya :)

That would definitely be handy. I've never had acupuncture. At our IVF talk we were told to be nice to ourselves when going through the treatment! I'd like to go have some done, they didn't mention a time during the cycle that was a good or bad time, I must ask at the next appointment...

So I've had 9 days of high fertility on the CB digital ovulation tests and no peak fertility so I'm giving up testing this month. That's the first month that's happened. Have gotten peak fertility reading the last 3 months I tested.

Has this happened to anyone else? Maybe I just didn't ovulate this month. Very frustrating

I got 11 High readings on the Clearblue monitors before getting a peak (same principal as the ovulation sticks), maybe your body is just gearing up and hasn't managed to release the egg yet.

Saying that I have read about people getting pregnant the months they got no peak and only high readings meaning the tests just missed the surge. Have you had any other indications of ovulation? Frustrating waiting for the smiley I know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 blousey

Hi all,

I'm new to this thread but been TTC for 2 years now.
    Just got results of AMH, day 3 & 21 bloods. After my day 3 bloods, I was diagnosed with PCOS (to be 100% confirmed with ultrasound) and borderline underactive thyroid. I was given a prescription for Metformin & Eltroxin for these issues. Good news is my AMH is excellent. My day 21 bloods showed I did ovulate last cycle and my thyroid had improved already.
    I'm still being referred to fertility clinic to confirm my PCOS and to have himself checked as well.
    Fingers and toes crossed that the meds I'm taking will work and sort out those hormones!!
    I do regret not doing the tests sooner but hey, can't do anything about it now!!
    I found it hard at the start dealing with PCOS - I was aware of the condition but I always associated it with very long cycles and I've almost always been in and around 32 days (bar 2 longer cycles over the last 18 months). It just came as a bit of a shock!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement