Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

It can't hurt Dreamstar! I got four days of flashy smiley face and got a solid smiley face this morning.

Fingers crossed for us both now!

Four days of flashy smileys?? Gosh I hope that doesn't happen me - I've only 2 sticks left! :o
    Funny story - I was getting worried with my lack of smileys. I was afraid I wouldn't get one at all this month as it was late. My hubby goes - here's a smiley for you. And sent me a pic of him on the bus home with a big smile!!!! Proper cheered me up then! :D

Digs - Hope you're ok. Although any funny / strange side effects are optomistic signs. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

dreamstar wrote: »
    Four days of flashy smileys?? Gosh I hope that doesn't happen me - I've only 2 sticks left! :o

The last time I used these tests in January (the pregnancy that ended in the miscarriage) I got 5 days of flashy smiley faces before getting a solid face. The packs do say that the number of 'high fertile' days vary by the individual so you might get lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Am grand thanks dreamstar just completely confused, nothing like a bfn to dent the oul optimism :)

Clearblue monitor gave me 7 highs before I got a peak, talk about suspense :D:D

Digs wrote: »
    , nothing like a bfn to dent the oul optimism :)

Aw I think everyone on here knows that feeling all too well. :(
    I know this feeling so much so that I refuse to take a pregnancy test until I am at least three days past my expected period date.......so I haven't done one in a while! :o

Still - you could just be too early. Don't give up hope Digs!

MeganMay - have been thinking of you!
    Haven't seen any posts from you in a while - hope you're ok!

• Advertisement

That's the thing , I'm usually so restrained as I have the bfn fear from past experience so I'm more annoyed with myself for giving in, stoopid leaky boobs :rolleyes::o

This thread is a godsend for thinking out loud, thanks for the pep talk dreamstar. Not like we can turn to our colleagues and ask them how their boobs are today :D

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Not like we can turn to our colleagues and ask them how their boobs are today :D

Well we could. But HR wouldn't be very happy I'm sure!

Though, I have one colleague who would be only too delighted to have further opportunity to regale everyone with the TMI of their imaginary ailments.

Not like we can turn to our colleagues and ask them how their boobs are today :D

Well you could - but you'd end up sitting on your own at lunch! :D

I know what you mean though. I hate even talking to my family about it - and I don't. I have one friend I confide in and that's it. I don't want to feel the pressure of people expecting me to get pregnant.
    That's why I find it so great to be able to come here and ask the awfully embarassing questions like should I throw my legs in the air after sex! Haha.
    So Digs you can always feel free to tell us about your leaky boobs.

Sometimes you just have to laugh about it really! :)

Too true and considering the person I sit beside is male HR would probably have even more to say about it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Gravybaby wrote: »
    Little Miss is this your first month TTC also?

Not our first month, have being trying since Jan so 3 cycles but this is our first month with the sticks.

Just to say, I know that 3 cycles is nothing compared to lots of other people. Still taking it all pretty laid back, just trying to do the right things and hope for the best.

• Advertisement

Not our first month, have being trying since Jan so 3 cycles but this is our first month with the sticks.

Just to say, I know that 3 cycles is nothing compared to lots of other people. Still taking it all pretty laid back, just trying to do the right things and hope for the best.

I was offline all weekend so just saw your previous post now. Sorry you're out this month, it's so disappointing!

Hope the vitamins help ye out. Have added vitamin b6 and D to my own regime, was running for the luas earlier and the noise of all my vitamin jars rattling around in my bag drew some looks :D:p

Hope the vitamins help ye out. Have added vitamin b6 and D to my own regime, was running for the luas earlier and the noise of all my vitamin jars rattling around in my bag drew some looks :D:p

Ha ha I'm exactly the same with the folic acid tablets!!! Rattle rattle

Got my peak this morning!!!! :D:D:D:D
    And just in time too as it was my last ovulation stick! Have been 'busy' ;) the last few night so will keep that up a while and hopefully things will fall into place this month. :o

My peak is three days later than last month. Does that mean that my period due date is also three days later? I remember reading somewhere that the number of days past ovulation doesn't change - is that true? :confused:
    I can't tell as this is just my second month using and tracking the ovulation sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Woo hoo dreamstar! Great when you see that solid smiley face isn't it? :D

I think I remember reading that the average woman's period arrives 14 days post ovulation. As usual women vary tho.

I had my solid face on Monday so we're two week wait buddies!

Woo hoo dreamstar! Great when you see that solid smiley face isn't it? :D

I think I remember reading that the average woman's period arrives 14 days post ovulation. As usual women vary tho.

I had my solid face on Monday so we're two week wait buddies!

Yeah it is great! I remember getting so excited at seeing the solid smiley that my hubby though it was a positive pregnancy test and not just ovulation test! :p

Yay two week wait buddies - lets hope it flies in! And ends it a BFP for us both. :D

Yep dreamstar the average woman's luteal phase can range from 10-14 days and tends not to change. So if you pinpointed ovulation at three days earlier last mont this month You SHOULD get your period three days later (but fingers crossed not at all!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Does anyone know if a positive on those ovulation sticks actually means you ovulate or can the hormone surge happen without actual ovulation following? I'm on CD16 now and I've had two reasonably strong lines for the last two days. According to my last bloods though, I didn't ovulate so no idea if we're just trying to push a boulder up a hill. :(

YH my consultant said it only identifies there is an LH surge, it doesn't confirm ovulation takes place after it. This can only really be done with the day 21 bloods or temping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

All the positive tells you is that your body is gearing to ovulate and it should happen in the next day or so. Temping is the best way at home to tell when you've actually ovulated

Temping is the best way at home to tell when you've actually ovulated

This is actually good to know but I've heard it's quite awkward. Has anyone tried temping before and what did you think? Do you need to get specific thermometers for this?

If things don't go our way this month I might give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

It's a bit awkward but only to remember to do it really! You need a digital thermometer that goes to two decimal places - best to do it at same time every day as soon as you wake up. Keep thermometer and notebook/app in reach of bed and do it before you get up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

I bought one of eBay, was less than a fiver and worked grand. I kept it on my bed side locker and as soon as my alarm went of I did it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭MeganMay

dreamstar wrote: »
    This is actually good to know but I've heard it's quite awkward. Has anyone tried temping before and what did you think? Do you need to get specific thermometers for this?

If things don't go our way this month I might give it a go.

I tried temping for two months, but I had awful broken nights sleeps from it. I read that you have to have been asleep for at least three hours before you temp and I kept waking up in the middle of the night (I can be a very light sleeper sometimes) and then taking my temperature and I wasn't finding it very consistent. I used it with the fertility friend app and it did seem to tell me I was ovulating so I was quite excited at the time. I didn't keep it up though because of my crap sleeping, but that's probably just me.

PS. Thanks everyone for the very kind words and thoughts re: our results appointment. I've been lurking a little here on and off because I was feeling a bit sad and sorry for myself but onwards and upwards now!

TyperMonkey, I was so so sorry to read about your miscarriage. You seem to have a great attitude and I really hope this is your month.

Digs - how are the symptoms today? If I were you, I definitely couldn't help but be a bit excited!!

Hope everyone else is getting ok and powering through the month :D

MeganMay wrote: »
    PS. Thanks everyone for the very kind words and thoughts re: our results appointment. I've been lurking a little here on and off because I was feeling a bit sad and sorry for myself but onwards and upwards now!

Aw MeganMay I'm so sorry you're feeling down :( It's completely understandable. Hope you're ok - it's good to hear from you.
    Give yourself a few days of pampering / distraction and I'm sure you'll feel a bit better soon. Do you have to back back to the hospital soon?

I'm feeling ok - got my Peak yesterday and so presume I'm ovulating around now. :D So keeping busy ;) and heading into the two week wait!
    Trying to be positive thsi month. It was our first month using the preseed and so hoping this little change will help.

Hope you're gradually feeling a bit better Megan, have been thinking of you. Completely understand the lurking, I've gone from posting to lurking on this board numerous times in the last 4 years, it can get over whelming at times and sometimes you just need time with your own thoughts. Sending massive positive vibes to you for the next apt, hope now you've identified an issue you get well in the way to getting your much deserved baba.

I'm grand. cD33 and think have just started spotting so that's that. Was expecting it at this stage so not overly fed up. Am taking the symptoms as a sign of good strong progesterone after a good strong ovulation, massive positive wit pcos so am taking that out of it. Plus because of the monitor I know when I ovulated so I definitely have a good luteal phase, another positive!

My husband is great at cheering me up, himself and my dad have Christmas weeks birthdays and he maintains he wouldn't wish it on any child of his, every (feint) cloud and all that :):rolleyes:

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Yep, peak week here too. You know what that means...

Sorry you're out Digs but I really love your optimism! :D:D We have to take and teeny tiny positive we can get!

Enjoy the peak Neyite! :D:D

The only good thing about missing out is that once it's over, we can start practicing again :)

We did so much practising this month I'm really amazed something didn't break :D:D

Positive mental attitude dreamstar - my little beauty turned two this week, have realised I have far too much to be grateful for to be allowing myself indulge in any sort of self pity (remind me I said that during my next leaky boob episode!)

Here's to the next few weeks ladies, positive vibes to all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Will temping at home ACTUALLY tell you if you have ovulated? I've never done this or the sticks because my consultant told me not too but wondering should I try temping?? I know I don't ovulate every month.

Starting IVF in May so maybe I should concentrate in that... Really hoping it works, din't know how I'll cope if it doesn't

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement