Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

carlyam2 wrote: »
    im 30 so i have a little time and at least it gives us the time to save as well. it also gives me the chance to lose the weight without being told since ive been dying of boredom at home my loving hubby bought me a treadmill now i did ask him so its helping with the exercise routine.

30 is still plenty young. Use the year to get physically and mentally (and financially) in shape. It might just be time out you need. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭carlyam2

thanks girls
    im going to keep checking in though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Of course, you can't leave us!!! Just cause you are saving and waiting on your appointment doesn't mean you will stop trying xxx

no and the near certainty that it wont happen on our own means that at least its super fun again no counting days or concentrating on certain times.
    good luck ladies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Chimpokomon

Hi all. My husband and I have decided to start TTC and I'm very excited! It's not exactly ideal, in that we'll be moving abroad for a year this summer while he completes his studies, but we're worried that if we postpone it too long we'll regret it and it might be too late. I had a MC last November and it really brought it home to us how much we want this. I also have PCOS and struggle with my weight which is another reason we don't want to delay any longer. I've just come off the pill and will just enjoy the ride for now (excuse the pun!!) I'm not going to start charting and temping right away. I've been on the pill for the best part of a decade so looking forward to having a break from that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Hi all. My husband and I have decided to start TTC and I'm very excited! It's not exactly ideal, in that we'll be moving abroad for a year this summer while he completes his studies, but we're worried that if we postpone it too long we'll regret it and it might be too late. I had a MC last November and it really brought it home to us how much we want this. I also have PCOS and struggle with my weight which is another reason we don't want to delay any longer. I've just come off the pill and will just enjoy the ride for now (excuse the pun!!) I'm not going to start charting and temping right away. I've been on the pill for the best part of a decade so looking forward to having a break from that too.

Best of luck - enjoy trying!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

This isgoing to be all numbers but i wonder has anyone had this experience. When i first went to gyne my day 21 bloods were 29 and so he started me on 50mg clomid (i had actually managed 30.5 the month after the 29result but he didnt have that to hand). After the first round of clomid my day 21 bloods were 38.5 but the doctor decided to up my next dose to 100mg clomid. After that round my day 21 bloods were 26 (at this point i got a little upset because i was just feeling why am i suffering vertigo and side effects for something that's not working). So last month he put me on 150mg clomid. So i rang today to get my day 21 results and they were 22.5 :( . So i asked the secretary could i come in and see him and was saying im kinda loathe to start this months round of clomid if my results seem to be getting worse with each upped dose and i have a lot of questions i want to ask but she hasnt an appointment until april 4th which i took and hoping for cancellation really badly. So once my period comes today i can begin the clomid tomorrow for my last month. I guess im just wondering has anyone had this problem or can shed any light on it ???

Hi Chimpokomon, welcome to trying to conceive x

Hi Stargirl,

My doctor told me a reading 30 or above is good, it generally means you have ovulated during that cycle. My level was 51, which is meant to be very good, however I have been put on a low dose of Clomid which apparently will regulate my cycle allowing me to ovulate sooner (roughly day 14, I normally don't ovulate till day 19). He also said it encourages ovulation.

From what you have said it looks like you are on Clomid to help you ovulate. Are your cycles regular? Perhaps because your reading was a little low they are upping the does. Best of luck pet xxx

stickybean wrote: »
    Hi Chimpokomon, welcome to trying to conceive x

Hi Stargirl,

My doctor told me a reading 30 or above is good, it generally means you have ovulated during that cycle. My level was 51, which is meant to be very good, however I have been put on a low dose of Clomid which apparently will regulate my cycle allowing me to ovulate sooner (roughly day 14, I normally don't ovulate till day 19). He also said it encourages ovulation.

From what you have said it looks like you are on Clomid to help you ovulate. Are your cycles regular? Perhaps because your reading was a little low they are upping the does. Best of luck pet xxx

Sorry should have prefaced all the above with yes he said below thirty is indicating im not ovulating hence the clomid. My cycles are and always have been 28days. My problem is that naturally on my own i was achieving ovulation numbers or a smidgin below but with the clomid they are dropping. I mean what thoughts are in my head? Well i think i could have a blockage but was wondering has anyone had their numbers fall like that.

Sorry should have prefaced all the above with yes he said below thirty is indicating im not ovulating hence the clomid. My cycles are and always have been 28days. My problem is that naturally on my own i was achieving ovulation numbers or a smidgin below but with the clomid they are dropping. I mean what thoughts are in my head? Well i think i could have a blockage but was wondering has anyone had their numbers fall like that.

Sorry about the mix up.

Have you been for a scan yet?

• Advertisement

Not with this guy but i've had numerous scans before and when i was getting the coil in the woman even said i was making good follicles but thats nearly four years ago now. Over the years i've had external amd internal scans looking for endometreosis and stuff as i've always had problematic periods. They are as regular as clock work but i flood all over my pants and they last seven days with lots of pain but there's never been any evidence any problems. I also should have mentioned that the gyne that's treating me now put me on clomid for only four months,he said if not pregnant by end of march he's going to do surgery. Now thats all fair enough and we're getting somewhere there but iv just never heard of someones numbers falling and was wondering is there anybody out there :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Not with this guy but i've had numerous scans before and when i was getting the coil in the woman even said i was making good follicles but thats nearly four years ago now. Over the years i've had external amd internal scans looking for endometreosis and stuff as i've always had problematic periods. They are as regular as clock work but i flood all over my pants and they last seven days with lots of pain but there's never been any evidence any problems. I also should have mentioned that the gyne that's treating me now put me on clomid for only four months,he said if not pregnant by end of march he's going to do surgery. Now thats all fair enough and we're getting somewhere there but iv just never heard of someones numbers falling and was wondering is there anybody out there :o

I was on clonmid for 5 months and wasn't monitored at all,basically told to take it and if i didnt get pregnant by the time i was due my next appointment i'd be referred for treatment.I don't know how they expect to know if it made me ovulate or not:rolleyes:

bobskii wrote: »
    I was on clonmid for 5 months and wasn't monitored at all,basically told to take it and if i didnt get pregnant by the time i was due my next appointment i'd be referred for treatment.I don't know how they expect to know if it made me ovulate or not:rolleyes:

This is exactly what happened me. I think because i'm 26 he was thinking a feck i'll send her home with this drug and she'll be grand wont see her again.

This is exactly what happened me. I think because i'm 26 he was thinking a feck i'll send her home with this drug and she'll be grand wont see her again.
    its very frustrating!

The doctors secretary rang me today. After she and i spoke yesterday she went in to discuss my bloods with the doc and he said he wants to see me and not to bother taking the last month of clomid because it hasnt worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 angelclar

Hi i am long time reader of this tread. we have being trying to conceive (TTC) for over 2 1/2 year .
    Its so hard not be successful every month and everyone asking when are you starting. Great information on this site.
    we currently getting 3 days 7 21 day bloods done again & also a sperm test
    & HSG (hysterosalpingogram ) with Fertility section UHG

My Problem is that 1st day of my period due on Saturday which i should book HSG but they are closed.

when should i call as has to be done 7-10 Day afterwards. I afraid that when i Ring on Monday it be full booked.
    or will just ring Friday and book anyway ?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

angelclar wrote: »
    Hi i am long time reader of this tread. we have being trying to conceive (TTC) for over 2 1/2 year .
    Its so hard not be successful every month and everyone asking when are you starting. Great information on this site.
    we currently getting 3 days 7 21 day bloods done again & also a sperm test
    & HSG (hysterosalpingogram ) with Fertility section UHG

My Problem is that 1st day of my period due on Saturday which i should book HSG but they are closed.

when should i call as has to be done 7-10 Day afterwards. I afraid that when i Ring on Monday it be full booked.
    or will just ring Friday and book anyway ?

I think if you ring them very early on Monday you might be ok. Its no harm to call them tomorrow to see if its likely you would get an appointment if CD1 falls on a weekend or if they have an out-of-hours number. I had my HSG with Bons so I have no knowledge of UHG.

hey again ladies how is everyone doing?
    despite my boredom at home ive been looking at doing our ivf treatment in hungry my brother lives over there so we could stay with him the cost seems a hell of a lot cheaper than here including flights and accomm if we decide to have space to ourselves.
    has anyone else gone abroad or thought about it just wondering others opinions on it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I just wanted to say Happy Mothers Day to us all. Some of us have lost babies and others are on the road to motherhood but to each and everyone of us wonderful strong ladies. I raise my can of coke and wish you a happy and wonderful day. Here to to lots of new bundles of joy soon.

Caroline xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 17 HappyDays2010

Hi everyone,

I havent been on here for over 3 years. Our LO is 2 and 1/2 now and we've decided to try for another one. (after a LOT and I mean a LOT of persuasion from me!!) Last time I stopped the pill and got pregnant within 3 months, I'm praying the same happens this time.

Just wanted to wave and say hi to you all :)

• Advertisement

Aw that was really nice Caroline xxx

Welcome Happydays2010 xxx

So I find myself yet again waiting for AF, every month I get a bit excited when I am late but as usual there I got my BFN this morning. I was due AF on the 8th, waited till today to test. Can't wait for her to show so we can start the Clomid.

Feeling a bit low this week, we had 2 births (which TG are beautiful healthy babies) and 2 pregnancy announcements, :(

Keep repeating my day will come

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Still no baby news with me but I am happy to be able to say that my ovulation seems to have reverted much more quickly than I expected it to after years on the Pilll.

I came off it at the end of Dec and had two light bleeds but not actual periods really. About a week ago I got what was certainly the real deal (bells and whistles deal: emotional, painful cramps, craving chocolate, cups of tea and hot water bottles, etc) and the upside of that is that I feel I can really begin to track my cycle, etc now with purpose.
    I downloaded that Pink Pad app for my phone and its funny when it beeps at work with its gentle "the flowers are blooming" message.

Happy long weekend to all of you. Make the most of it;);)

im seriously all over the place today!Brother's baby arrived today and i just cant seem ta pull myself together,she is beautiful and im so happy or them but i cant stop tearing up!!

i feel your pain bobski i spent the entire of today surrounded by people with kids and little tiny babies and i want one so badly now that i was tearing up in the supermarket.
    i really just wish it was easy for us now im getting sick and tired of the thinking we will never get there. just having a bad day
    have your tears bobski it is better to let it out than let it fester.
    we will get there and when we do it will be that much sweeter

its just one of them days,im due my totm too so that doesnt help!!emotional wreck,im not as bad since i posted that actually,good ta get it out there i suppose.

Hope you are feeling better bobskii xxx

Starting my clomid today, had the weirdest spotting all weekend, but finally got AF last night so started clomid this morning. Feeling a little excited, trying not to even think about it, but feeling a little hopeful x

I'm grand now,went to see her today and of course immediately fell in love with her the absolute dote,was having a very rare down day on sunday,joy and sadness all in one!

Good Luck with the clonmid stickybean,fingers crossed for you xx

Thanks Bobskii :)

Slightly off topic, but has anyone anything they can recommend for PMS?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Slightly off topic, but has anyone anything they can recommend for PMS?[/QUOTE]

I recommend the following:
    1) I take codliver oil with star flower every day.
    2) I take Vit B (which also covers the folic acid requirements) which is great for stress and energy levels
    3) Have a little something nice lined up for yourself.
    4) Failing #3 find a man to nag. ;):D

• Advertisement

Slightly off topic, but has anyone anything they can recommend for PMS?[/QUOTE]

I recommend the following:
    1) I take codliver oil with star flower every day.
    2) I take Vit B (which also covers the folic acid requirements) which is great for stress and energy levels
    3) Have a little something nice lined up for yourself.
    4) Failing #3 find a man to nag. ;):D

Ah I see where I am going wrong, I keep starting with number 4 - Lol!!

can I ask what Vit B supplement you take?

Thanks xxx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement