Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Congrats!!

Is amazing and sometimes cruel how similar premenstrual and early pregnancy symptoms are!

Delighted for u they were pregnancy related!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I did my test a little early. It and the second one I did were both positive.

I'm in shock.

Massive congratulations :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Massive congrats Das. Wonderful news. Delighted for you.

For the first time in ages I felt really wound up and stressed today. As some of you know, it looks like we know the reason why we had all the M/C's and can be simply treated. I felt very angry that we lost so many babies for something that could have been treated so easy of the doctors had listened to me when I felt all along that there was a reason for it.

Anyway we are back with our consultant in a few days and I feel stressed over that, also still very mad with him. This is it... the time we have been waiting for and I feel like running. I am scared sh*tless. I want to run away. What if for some reason what looks like was causing the M/C's wasn't? What do we do then. I suppose I am worried the dream won't happen. I am also very aware of my age... now 40. Not a perfect age for TTC.

11 years down the line and still no baby. Whoever said it's a long road with no turns was so right...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Massive congrats Das. Wonderful news. Delighted for you.

For the first time in ages I felt really wound up and stressed today. As some of you know, it looks like we know the reason why we had all the M/C's and can be simply treated. I felt very angry that we lost so many babies for something that could have been treated so easy of the doctors had listened to me when I felt all along that there was a reason for it.

Anyway we are back with our consultant in a few days and I feel stressed over that, also still very mad with him. This is it... the time we have been waiting for and I feel like running. I am scared sh*tless. I want to run away. What if for some reason what looks like was causing the M/C's wasn't? What do we do then. I suppose I am worried the dream won't happen. I am also very aware of my age... now 40. Not a perfect age for TTC.

11 years down the line and still no baby. Whoever said it's a long road with no turns was so right...

Caroline, I have everything crossed for you and your OH. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭carlyam2

ive read that book and find it really hard to follow books that have diets in them im super picky eating wise. i do try but i cant do eggs ive never liked them.

yeah congrats das kitty thats great news.

caroline ive everything crossed for you and im glad you finally have some answers even if they are late.
    i always have been a believer of good things come to those who wait and you my dear are definately due good things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I'm in shock.

Huge congratulations DK. Really happy for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Huge congratulations to you Das Kitty! Very, very exciting news! :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'll be back to this thread again shortly I'd say.

I started to bleed on Sunday evening and have a scan in the EPU next Monday, presumably to check that I passed everything. I was a day short of 6 weeks pregnant.

These things happen I guess. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Hope you're doing ok, chickpea xx

You know I'm at the end of the phone if you need anything xx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I'm in shock.

Congratulations!!!! Let the shock move on and just enjoy the moment :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Neyite wrote: »

I started to bleed on Sunday evening and have a scan in the EPU next Monday, presumably to check that I passed everything. I was a day short of 6 weeks pregnant.

Hugs neyite :(

I'm really sorry to hear that Neyite. Hope you're doing ok. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Massive congrats Kitty and massive hugs Neyite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

So sorry to hear that Neyite. Look after yourself.

I'm on my first cycle after MC now. I asked them to scan my ovaries the last time I was getting the post MC scan.. to check for cysts etc, and all was ok, no sign of my previous PCOS either. That can be reassuring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭Ms2011

So sorry to hear this Neyite x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Sorry to hear that Neyite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I'm so sorry to hear that Neyite :( Take care of yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Thinking of you at this time Neyite xxx take care of yourself pet xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Huge hugs Neyite :(

Just got my period, so glad it finally came, still feel a bit disappointed, but ready to start again. Have our appointment in just over 3 weeks, counting down the days!!!

• Advertisement

Apolgies in advance if I end up giving TMI in this post but sometimes the body is a confusing thing!

As mentioned in an earlier post I came off the pill (Dianette) on Dec 29th so that myself and my husband could start TTC. We've certainly had fun practicing since:o
    However, my query is around getting your first proper period. A couple of years ago I came off the pill for surgery and found myself waiting close to 90 days for my period to come so I could start taking the pill again. I expected that things would be much the same this time around too.
    Today it seems that my period has arrived for the third time since Dec 29th!!:confused:
    Granted each of the previous times the so called period lasted one single day only but was accompanied by the all too common back pain and cramps.
    Has this happened to any of you ladies too? Would you consider these episodes actual periods and if not when what??

Apolgies in advance if I end up giving TMI in this post but sometimes the body is a confusing thing!

As mentioned in an earlier post I came off the pill (Dianette) on Dec 29th so that myself and my husband could start TTC. We've certainly had fun practicing since:o
    However, my query is around getting your first proper period. A couple of years ago I came off the pill for surgery and found myself waiting close to 90 days for my period to come so I could start taking the pill again. I expected that things would be much the same this time around too.
    Today it seems that my period has arrived for the third time since Dec 29th!!:confused:
    Granted each of the previous times the so called period lasted one single day only but was accompanied by the all too common back pain and cramps.
    Has this happened to any of you ladies too? Would you consider these episodes actual periods and if not when what??

hey there,

When I came of the pill (over 2 years ago), it was 4-5 months before I got what i would consider normal periods. I had light bleeding intermittent for about 10 weeks, then nothing and then a full blown period. Your body can take 6 months to get back to a regular cycle (if you previously had a "regular cycle") however you can still conceive as you most likely will be ovulating, it just might be harder to track exactly when you are ovulating.

I would suggest you keep a diary for a few weeks, taking note of your cervical mucus and perhaps temping (I was never very good at this)

stickybean wrote: »
    hey there,

When I came of the pill (over 2 years ago), it was 4-5 months before I got what i would consider normal periods. I had light bleeding intermittent for about 10 weeks, then nothing and then a full blown period. Your body can take 6 months to get back to a regular cycle (if you previously had a "regular cycle") however you can still conceive as you most likely will be ovulating, it just might be harder to track exactly when you are ovulating.

I would suggest you keep a diary for a few weeks, taking note of your cervical mucus and perhaps temping (I was never very good at this)

I suppose I find it weird because each of the other times I came off the pill there was a big fat nothing for almost 3 months. It seems to be the feast or famine approach. Also I have never had a regular cycle, ever. Actually thats something that all of the females in my family have in common. Cycles were irregular / long and we have all had painful periods. That said my mother had 6 of us and each of my sisters fell pregnant with ease and have had 3 kids each. One of them first started TTC when she was 31 and had her 3 kids aged: 32, 34 and 36. So fingers crossed for me at the ripe ol' age of 35.
    I have been keeping note of when I get a period (or something akin to it), how long it lasts, symptoms prior to it, etc. The mucus and temping I haven't done yet. The temping cause I need to buy a thermometer and the mucs.......because I just haven't.

Ah they can be like buses, none come for ages and then they call come at once - LOL!!!

You could try ovulating kits, you can get them online for very very cheap (I order the internet cheapies, they work out about 10-20 cent, they are cheaper the more you buy). Then if I get what looks like a positive I use the dearer ones to confirm. Now that said, I don't used them as much any more, after about 5 cycles, I started to be able to tell almost to within 3 days of when I ovulate, (based on the cervical mucus - gross, I know, but it is your bodies way of letting you know :) ). So they might be useful till you get back on track.

But if you only came of the pill a month ago, I wouldn't be stressing with any of this yet, maybe keep a diary of your periods on the off chance there is a problem and just go have LOADS of fun trying xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

I've not been on the pill ever but i remember when my friend came off the pill to start ttc she had been on it like 16 years so it took a while for periods to start as normal but her doc told her that because she wasnt having a period so couldnt pinpoint the start of a cycle, that to cover herself if she had sex every second day :eek: that was the best she could do to try. Now that sounds like hell to me:o but......

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The boyfriend and I have beeing ttc for 7 months now. I've been keeping track of my period the last while now and every month it's came early. This month I'm currently 16 days late and counting. I've took a few hpt and they're all negative.

I know that its normal to miss a period every now and again but this month threw us both off. I went to the doctor this morning to get a blood test to know for sure if I am pregnant or not. I've heard of people not getting a positive on a hpt but getting one on a blood test. As soon as I sat down it was obvious she wasnt going to give me one. She made me take another pregnancy test, which again came out negative. I felt like she just fobbed me off and told me to relax and not stress over it, which I don't feel I've been doing.

I know theres a slim chance of me actually being pregnant now but I know people in a similar situation and it turns out they were pregnant. For now I'm just going to see what happens over the next while and hopefully my period will come if it's coming and we can start again :P

For future reference, how the hell do I get the doctor to take me seriously and actually give me a blood test?!!

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, I just don't think I need my own thread atm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ballybabe

never ever give up hope had 3 IUI's, 2 IVF's. got pregnant on 1st IVF MC at 11 weeks with twins. I'm now 25 weeks pregnant so always always have hope even on ur darkest day when you feel like the world has just came to an end take care

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Just over 3weeks till our appointment,tryin to not think about it but looking forward to getting started at last!its been a long 4 years and hopefully this wil be our year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Neyite life is so cruel sometimes,take care of yourself.xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Feeling very sad today. Went for a HSG and it was soo painful! The result was what I expected so will be ringing the clinic on Monday to start the IVF process:( And to top it all off my bf's sister had a little baby girl today. I am happy for her of course but it still doesn't stop me for being so upset.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the results of the HIV screening back? Thats the last test(hopefully) that we need to get before we start.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement