Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

javagal wrote: »
    Af on way :(

Sorry you're out javagal :(

Custard cream sorry to hear you're so sad, I have no advice I can give you but am sending you virtual hugs and hope things get a bit easier for you soon :o

Mink what thermometer have you got? I got mine in mccabes pharmacy and it was crazy bad, came in a little plastic case!! My temperature could rise a whole degree within seconds.......gave up on that one and ordered one on Fri.days recommendation off ebay so just waiting for that to arrive now. Am a bit all over the place myself this month but am going to give sperm meets egg a semi shot (must really warn my poor husband to get ready).

Applesock will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Custard Cream

Thanks a million everyone. Feeling a bit better today. Also I have the best hubby in the world so thats also a huge help:D

Thinking of getting the directions to the firtility monitor from clearblue out when I get home. I'll give them a good read in prepartaion for baby making. I'm not going to monitor my cycle until after Chritmas but I'll start in the new year. This time next year I know I will be on maternity leave with some of you looking forward to babies first Christmas:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Hi everyone. I have to go for surgery in early December and once that happens i will not ovulate for about 6months after. I have one last chance this month to concieve else we have a long wait ahead. We intend to give it our all so can you all remind me of the tips and hints you had for concieving? ie. Macca, asprin, anything at all!!!
    thanks girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

yellow hen, I've been using maca so hoping if that regulates my cycle will be a start :D Hope this can be your month I'm waiting on AF cycle very long last month not expecting pregnancy. Boobs sore sooo moody etc. We've been talking and decided in the new year if nothing we are going to go to the doctors. Ive been of the pill 2 years now & still nothing :mad:cycle still all over the place :mad:so upset when i think about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

what i thought were Af cramps lasted for about ten mins this morning and now they're gone, not trying to get hopes up..
    Think It;s in my head but my boobs are just huge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Thanks applesock. Is that the aim of maca? To regulate your cycle? I feel your pain somewhat. Im off the pill 9months now and only in the last 2months did I get a positive opk. My cycle has ranged from 70days to 28days but I'm praying its back to 28 this month. It's so depressing, you never think it will happen to you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

yellowhen i thinks its to regulate hormonal balance which will maybe regulate cycle. Mine has been the same as yours some months i got my standard of 30-32 then was nearly 90 last year to my last one being 52 days !! what is going on with my body!! I no it is very hard i was sure id be pregnant straight away after the pill but guess doesn't work that way for some of us. I was telling my friend i was off the pill two years (she has two kids) and she was like :eek::eek: your of it two years. So i ended up just telling her I'm back on it because i don't want to get into it.
    Javagal fingers crossed for you :D my boobs have been beyond huge the last week only sore today

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭carlyam2

applestock reading u had a cycle of 90 days makes me feel like im not alone currently im waiting af and ive been waiting for 67 days and no sign yet. i used to have dodge cycles and then doc realised thyroid was out of whack so got that sorted and was back to cycles of 32 days and i loved being "normal" and knowing when it would arrive but now im back to not knowing so im heading back to my doc again. but reading others have long cycles is good in the sense i know im not totally abnormal.
    good luck to all trying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Joanie37

Well Im feeling a bit more positive now. Had acupunture this morning not really sure about it but it gets my mind off everything else.
    So I will be have my last course of meds this month and if they dont work I will be doing the IVF thing really nervous. Hope everyone is good .
    Loads of babydust to everyone this month and Positive Mental Attitude

Bye:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Had cramping, mad tired, feeling nauseous the last two days. Af due tomorrow so tried a test today and BFN :( oh well here's to next month :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭allgirlz

Hi girls, hope everyone is ok. I am cd 24 and did a test this morning and got the faintest of faint lines tbh I think it may have been an evaporation line so am going to leave it now until the weekend. I want this so badly but am trying to be realistic as we did not stick to the plan at all last month, dh was very unco-operative :rolleyes:
    Javagirl how are you now? Did af arrive?
    Joanie37 where do you go for your acupuncture?
    Everyone else I hope you are all well, sorry for those whose af arrived, fingers crossed and babydust for all of us still waiting xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Allgirlz, that sounds suspiciously like a Big Fat Positive! I know someone else on here had a feint line & thought it was an evap line but turned out to be a positive. How long did you leave the test? Did you do it in the morning? I would say to get one of those sensitive digital ones & do it with first morning pee. I'll hold off on the congrats til hear back...:D
    Digs wrote: »
    Mink what thermometer have you got? I got mine in mccabes pharmacy and it was crazy bad, came in a little plastic case!! My temperature could rise a whole degree within seconds.......gave up on that one and ordered one on Fri.days recommendation off ebay so just waiting for that to arrive now.

I should have done that to begin with. It's just one in a plastic case from a chemists. When I went back to the shop lo & behold it started working perfectly, murphy's law. Anyway I've not been tracking temps properly so giving up on it for this month.

Hope all the irregular cycles regulate this month. I've heard maca helps regulate it also. I won't know if my cycle has gone normal until next AF. Last one was 28 days but one before that was 36 days.

I'm just all over the place this month. On CD12 (only worked that out just now) so I'm into my fertile days. Managed to do the deed last night but our cat is quite sick and we're worried about her & trying to get tests done with vet, and she's clingy as hell & plonks herself in between us in the bed and just don't have the heart to move her.

I keep forgetting my OPK's, temping is not working out, not tracking dates. I'm usually a Monica Geller type organised person so just need to get it together as we'll miss the window otherwise. I'm not being a very professional TTCer this month!

I do think I'm near ovulation as the aul cervical mucous is favourable but only discovered that last night with the deed-doing :D

I will say that evening primrose oil seems to be making a difference. Since I've been taking it for about past month & 1/2 (I think) my skin's a bit better, CM seems more favourable, cycle was at least normal last month & pretty sure I ovulated last month as got a massive positive on the OPK last month.

Crap just realised the hubby is not going to be home til very late, will have to have middle of the night half-asleep sex!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Hi girls... evening primrose and conceive plus from boots did the trick for me in one month... after ages trying! So thanks for suggesting :) Delighted! I had a miscarraige this time two years ago so a bit nervous still but over the moon anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

That's fantastic cyning!!! Congratulations :D Wishing you a healthy pregnancy!

Mink I ordered my thermometer on friday morning from that link Fri.day provided along with some ovu tests and it arrived yest. Much better quality than the one I got in the chemist and was only 5.99 if you're still interested.

Looks good allgirlz, fingers crossed for you too!

Sarahbro it's not over yet! Don't give up until AF arrives :)

Neyite how are you doing?? Into the second trimester yet? :D

allgirlz wrote: »
    Hi girls, hope everyone is ok. I am cd 24 and did a test this morning and got the faintest of faint lines tbh I think it may have been an evaporation line so am going to leave it now until the weekend. I want this so badly but am trying to be realistic as we did not stick to the plan at all last month, dh was very unco-operative :rolleyes:
    Javagirl how are you now? Did af arrive?
    Joanie37 where do you go for your acupuncture?
    Everyone else I hope you are all well, sorry for those whose af arrived, fingers crossed and babydust for all of us still waiting xx

hey allgirlz!! Oh my god hope you have your BFP.. Think Af is on way. Been having pains the past few days but odd feeling pains. if not here tomorrow I'll test x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Digs, AF arrived about an hour after my post :(
    It's a tummy bug - not morning sickness :(

sarahbro wrote: »
    Digs, AF arrived about an hour after my post :(
    It's a tummy bug - not morning sickness :(
    Sorry Sarahbro, hope you are ok I can imagine how you must be feeling. Be good to yourself and a new start next month, hopefully this will be the one for you.

Girls thanks for all the congrats, however this morning I got a bfn however I now have a linea nigra and my dd is 5 years old so it is not from her. I am so confused, af not due until Sunday. Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I would be buying a first response test as they are so much more sensitive than alot of the others out there - it always gave me a positive before even the clearblue digital! So you really mite be still in with a chance as at this early stage alot can do with what test you use! I wouldn't read to much into the linea nigra - as far as I am aware they normally don't appear til about 20 wks pregnant? I stand to be corrected on that tho!! I'll have everything crossed for ya - but def a first response with first urine of the day is generally the way to get the most accurate result! Good luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Fingers crossed for positives all round! :)

Can I just ask a question, this is in no way a criticism just something I have wondered. Why test before period due date? Are you not just setting yourself up for disappointment? On day period due or after a missed period I can understand, but days before? Isn't that very stressful?

Can I just ask a question, this is in no way a criticism just something I have wondered. Why test before period due date? Are you not just setting yourself up for disappointment? On day period due or after a missed period I can understand, but days before? Isn't that very stressful?
    Yes it is!! Am driving myself cracked this month plus I have lots of work stuff going on (contract ending at end of month) so don't need to be stressing myself out further, am going to put it out of my head for a few days and Dublinlady you are right first response is def the way forward. Best of luck to everyone else. Thanks for the support girls, this thread is the best!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

allgirlz wrote: »

Yes it is!! Am driving myself cracked this month plus I have lots of work stuff going on (contract ending at end of month) so don't need to be stressing myself out further, am going to put it out of my head for a few days and Dublinlady you are right first response is def the way forward. Best of luck to everyone else. Thanks for the support girls, this thread is the best!

Sorry, I wasn't just singling you out at all, just something I had wondered as I see it so often on this and other boards. Best of luck with your next test, a line is a line! :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I never did, but it was exactly for that reason. My period usually arrived exactly when I expected it to, so the only times I tested was exactly on my due date if my period had not beaten me to it in the morning. Since my cycle could vary from 25-27 days I always left it until the later date.

I liked those few days of daydreaming about teeny tiny socks, or how I would tell the OH that I got a positive test or whatever. Then I would be in the following order:
    CD1: tearful and upset,
    CD2, Angry and in a black mood, internally scowling at preggers women (which were everywhere) and
    CD3, acceptance and start to pretend to get upbeat about the next cycle working for us.
    By CD4 I was focused on the next ovulation date and my unhappiness put behind me for another cycle.

Hi Ladies,
    My af is due since yesterday 30-31 day cycle, no sign of her. But I feel odd, like a dull pain in my back for about 5 days now which can become kinda stabby every now and again.
    I don't wanna test cause I don't wanna feel the upset rejection :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Hi javagal, I'd do the test and rule that out then I'd double check I haven't pulled a muscle, maybe trying with hubbie ;) or a kidney infection, or just an unexplained niggle that we all get.
    Hopefully it will be a BFP. I keep telling myself that doing or not doing the test won't change the facts either I am or I'm not pregnant. The test won't change that.
    That said I thought I could be, very sore boobs, a bit of an upset tummy, lots of hormones, etc. but today I feel very crampy so I suspect AF is coming tomorrow. I had said no test til Sunday as at that point I'd be 14 days from ovulation.
    I guess I'm a bit upset this month cause a positive would have meant 12 week for Christmas and that would have made being childless and santa clausless easier :(
    Plus my lovely sister in law just gave birth today, and as with our last pregnancy we had seen this little girl and ours as playmates with about 10 weeks between them, I guess it's hitting a bit that ours is gone. God I better pull myself together still have over an hour of work to go. :rolleyes:

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Hi javagal, I'd do the test and rule that out then I'd double check I haven't pulled a muscle, maybe trying with hubbie ;) or a kidney infection, or just an unexplained niggle that we all get.
    Hopefully it will be a BFP. I keep telling myself that doing or not doing the test won't change the facts either I am or I'm not pregnant. The test won't change that.
    That said I thought I could be, very sore boobs, a bit of an upset tummy, lots of hormones, etc. but today I feel very crampy so I suspect AF is coming tomorrow. I had said no test til Sunday as at that point I'd be 14 days from ovulation.
    I guess I'm a bit upset this month cause a positive would have meant 12 week for Christmas and that would have made being childless and santa clausless easier :(
    Plus my lovely sister in law just gave birth today, and as with our last pregnancy we had seen this little girl and ours as playmates with about 10 weeks between them, I guess it's hitting a bit that ours is gone. God I better pull myself together still have over an hour of work to go. :rolleyes:
    Aww bless you barbie, Fingers cross evil AF stays away.
    Going back on my calender I'm actually on day 32 hmmm!!
    Nipples are sore when I touch them but I just don't know grrr. Maybe I'll just do a test to stop thinking..

Test, test, test !!! Hopefully give us all some good news

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

When I did get pregnant in June, I did the test at 11 days past ovulation, it was my wedding day so didn`t want to drink if it was positive, I`m off on our honeymoon next week so hopefully I get a positive before I go so ill know not to have alcohol in my cocktails!!
    Still ive been taking pregnancy tests from 8/9 days past O til period is due to be doing something. This time I`m doin one on sunday morning (11dpo) til AF due friday..
    Very busy lately so it`s taking my mind off the wait

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Test, test, test !!! Hopefully give us all some good news

Lol maybe tomorrow if AF doesnt show.. I'm praying it doesnt, want this badly :(

I'm out AF arrived this morning :( But had a good cry yesterday and feel much better now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Congratulations Cyning :) wishing you a healthy & happy pregnancy! X

So sorry to hear the rotten AF has cone to so many this month :( here's hoping for a baby boom on this thread & soon!

Javagirl best of luck with your test! Clearblue Digital is definatley the way to go! There is no mistaking the results..

Barbiegirl I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling so down hun.. Massive virtual hugs for you xxx

DFT how are you? I know it would have been your due date this week & I really hope you're doing ok.. As well as can be anyways.. I remember how hard it was on my last mc coming to the due date and seen it marked on my calendar.. Big hugs hun & if ya need a big rant we're all here xxx

Best of luck to all the 2 week waiters! My fingers & toes are crossed for some BFP news soon :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement