Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Hope83

applesock wrote: »
    I was hoping for positive before christmas

Would love a positive before Christmas too. Was unsuccessful last month (trying a good few months at this stage). Fingers crossed this month but I'm not trying to let it get to me. Its very hard though when you want something so bad and you cant seem to get it :( I just keep telling myself it has to happen at some stage. Went to yoga this evening and its great for just chilling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

dublinlady wrote: »
    Digs - I found the preseed really great. I wouldn't recommend using the full amount they tell u too as I found it too much and it all got v.messy...!! I used about half and def think it helped me - I also took benylin chesty cough bottle 10mls daily for the few days in the run up to ovulation - think it helped a little also!

Thanks for the advice dublinlady, really appreciate it. Used preseed last night, and really liked it

Fingers crossed for you applesock

Think temping is driving me crazy.......I wonder does Santa bring babies to good couples??? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Hi Ladies, Hope your all doing good!
    Is anyone on 2ww?
    Am like 5 wks now, my boobs are huge and killer!
    Feeling good but I am soooo tired, I can't get over how sleepy I am all day!
    xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭longinforababy

I know I wont be on a 2ww this month, body getting ready to ov and dh is dying sick, flu and chest infection all in one go, playing nurse but not in the good way ;)

wow symptoms are really flying for you now arent they? How did the news go with telling family and friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

I know I wont be on a 2ww this month, body getting ready to ov and dh is dying sick, flu and chest infection all in one go, playing nurse but not in the good way ;)

wow symptoms are really flying for you now arent they? How did the news go with telling family and friends?
    everyone was delighted thanks!! My mam especially since this will be her first grandchild!
    Yeah symptoms are pretty flying all right!
    Last night I woke up with pains that I thought something was wrong but woke up this morning felling grand.. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

I had to take time off work this week I was feeling so bad and because of the high temps I went to Dr. Thankfully he said 37.5 C was nothing to worry about and even said it was "fairly normal" He offered me antibiotics but if it was no harm to baby I thought I`d do without so all I took was 2 paracetemol, soup and cammomile tea yum
    So Im 4weeks1day pregnant! Due July 18th Woohoo:D:D:D
    I came accross the xmas card in the unpacking from my husband from last yr and he says in it "next yr it`ll be you, me and the bump" made me cry happy tears for a change. I`ve told anyone that will listen that I`m pregnant (last time I didn`t tell a soul!) and I`ll be as positive as I can and treating this like it`s real
    So after my 1 day`s work Im off for 12days on our honeymoon and I wanna see more positives when I get back - no excuses :D
    Thanks ladies I don`t know what I`d do without yer support and valuable advice x x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

ah congrats Fri.Day....I had to re-read your post twice as i thought i misread! After a brief lull in the good news stakes, you and javagirl have returned us to a more positive place! Hope you're both feeling good...and even if you're not, I hope it's a comforting and happy sort of queasiness :)

I have chilled out alot in the last fortnight...got myself all down and gloomy for nothing. We gave it our best this month but i dont think i ovulated so was prob in vain :( I'm in for surgery next week so fingers recovery will be quick and we'll get back to business!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hi im on my second try of ivf.....but unlike some couples im not even gettin to the stage of follicle removal which is heart wrenching,,,,,i have 7 follicles but they never reach the size theis supposed be :-(((((.....dont think my body can take any more,,,,,,i jst long for my own baby an im findin it hard to make a decision about goin again but one thing i cant imagine is the rest of my life without a baby i can call my own..........so sorry bout the big essay i jst need to know if anybody else is in the same boat.....

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

oh Fri.day thats so sweet about the christmas card delighted for you :D
    I'm out this month :( boo AF came during the week
    Today was a weird day, my OH's friend was over and talking and started saying how he had some amazing news my heart just sank thinking another one pregnant and still not us, but sure it was only some other news, i couldn't believe my reaction, i think i want it to much for myself right now,that i would have been actually jealous if they announced they were having a baby :( feel like an awful person for thinking and acting like this. Time to take a step back which we are anyway because I've a load of dental working coming up. But still can't help but thinking this month be our month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭longinforababy

getting pretty much concerned now, since hsg in early sept i have been getting shorter and shorter cycles, month of hsg 25 days, following month 23 days.

Today I am cd 17 and have spotting, wonder should I even wait till cd21 to get another bloodwork done to check progesterone? have no college tomorrow should I just land on doc's door and ask for him to take bloods?

The more I think about it I am actually feeling pre menstrual, roasting for the last 2 days especially round my abdomen, bloated etc... shortest ever cycle before this (been monitoring 8 years now, was 27 days)

Is it because I am in my mid 30's that my body could be changing or my worst fear pre menopausal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Ms hopeful

Hi all. Myself & my partner are starting the journey of ivf & icsi. We've been ttc for a few years & now we've both been tested & diagnosed with problems.
    We've been advised that icsi is our only way forward & we're hoping to go for it straight after Christmas!! Any advice would be very welcome & appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JennieMcB

Ms hopeful wrote: »
    Hi all. Myself & my partner are starting the journey of ivf & icsi. We've been ttc for a few years & now we've both been tested & diagnosed with problems.
    We've been advised that icsi is our only way forward & we're hoping to go for it straight after Christmas!! Any advice would be very welcome & appreciated :)

My husband and I are in the same boat. TTC for 3 yrs now and starting IVF either Dec or Jan. we're just waiting for test results. It's been a long, difficult road so far so having someone who's doing the same as us would be a great help. I'd love to know how ye are getting on. I've been taking prenatal vitamins. No alcohol, caffeine or cigarettes & we've been eating as much organic food as possible ( it's not always feasible, but we manage most of the time) I've been told that these things can really make a difference to IVF success rates so fingers crossed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Wishing for a miracle, ms hope and jennie mcb sounds like you guys are all at similar stages of your journey with the ivf and so forth. Definitely post about it as a) the rest of us would find it interesting (in a supportive way) as some of us may head down that road and b) there may well be more women and men out there looking to connect up with others going through a similar thing in Ireland. Either way you'll get support here, it's a great thread for TTCers.

Yellow hen how'd you get on with the surgery? Hopefully you're back in the saddle shortly!

Applesox sorry you got AF, that sucks! Ready for this months marathon?

Longin I very much doubt there's anything like early menopause. Did you go to the doc for bloods? If not it would be no harm to put your mind at ease!

How's it going digs and anyone else I missed?

Well I'm only after figuring out I'm on day 24, not tracking this month at all hardly. We did it a bit around ov time but slim chances I think. AF due sat so we'll see.

Got a new bed delivered today. New bed, new baby and all that. :-)

Hi mink, had to have my surgery postponed. Problem in the local hospital. Due in on thurs week instead. A fortnight difference doesn't matter much to be honest.
    Hope the new bed brings lots if joy!!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Hi all, well I'm out again this month. Started spotting so I guess I will have full on period by morning; totally gutted. Shortest cycle ever this month, 24 days. It was 26 days for the last 2 months & I'm normally 28/29 days. Should I be worried about the cycle changes?

Mink wrote: »
    Yellow hen how'd you get on with the surgery? Hopefully you're back in the saddle shortly!

Applesox sorry you got AF, that sucks! Ready for this months marathon?

Longin I very much doubt there's anything like early menopause. Did you go to the doc for bloods? If not it would be no harm to put your mind at ease!

How's it going digs and anyone else I missed?

Well I'm only after figuring out I'm on day 24, not tracking this month at all hardly. We did it a bit around ov time but slim chances I think. AF due sat so we'll see.

Got a new bed delivered today. New bed, new baby and all that. :-)

Hope the new bed brings you lots of luck Mink!

I am good, drove myself a bit crazy this month I think....will have to take a step back so I can enjoy Christmas. On CD22, usually my boobs hurt like mad from CD17 to AF but not this month.....nothing. Am hoping it doesn't mean that I didn't ovulate but I got a positive ovu test on CD17 so I just don't know.

Funnily enough it was my first month using ovu tests and when I got the positive I ran into my husband waving it with a big grin on my face. The poor thing nearly had a heart attack....thought it was a pregnancy test :o:o

Sorry to hear you're out goodne. Have no advice to offer as my periods are usually the opposite but if you are worried at all a trip to the doctor could put your mind at ease..are you still taking the maca? Could that have some effect on it?

Hope everyone else is doing well?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

I didn't take the maca this month to see if that was what was shortening my cycle, if its short again next month I will go to the doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I took Maca for 1 month and got breakthrough bleeding midcycle. Discontinued it ( well ran out) and no problem this cycle. It's written that they can help to shrink fibroids which I have. Don't want any unusual activity during TTC so that was enough for me. No more Maca until the menopause :)

In a clearance shelf at the back of the groceries section of Henry street Dublin. Says reduced to €7.99 from €15.99 but when I paid it was only €4!!!!
    Went back and bought another 4 so 5 for €20. Had to get a manager to confirm that it was 75% off that time but no problemo.

There's about 10-15 left

Well pleased :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Grawns wrote: »
    In a clearance shelf at the back of the groceries section of Henry street Dublin. Says reduced to €7.99 from €15.99 but when I paid it was only €4!!!!
    Went back and both another 4 so 5 for €20. Had to get a manager to confirm that it was 75% off that time but no problemo.

There's about 10-15 left

That you may be already pregnant with triplets and never need to use four of them;)

x

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Grawns wrote: »
    Went back and both another 4 so 5 for €20. Had to get a manager to confirm that it was 75% off that time but no problemo.

There's about 10-15 left

That you may be already pregnant with triplets and never need to use four of them;)

x

Aaah! Thanks lucyfur, GULP...

Grawns, I'd say you'll only use one of them, still a serious bargain though!

Period was due today, no sign of it yet. My last cycle was 28 days but the cycle before that was 36 days, so not going to test til day 36 or 37.

Last month I had really sore boobs for days before period and there's absolutely nothing going on with them now so I'd say this is going to be a long cycle.

Not saying to OH re when period due as otherwise he'll be begging me to test tomorrow but I really want to hold off. Don't like doing tests & being disappointed.

Grawns, I'd say you'll only use one of them, still a serious bargain though!

Period was due today, no sign of it yet. My last cycle was 28 days but the cycle before that was 36 days, so not going to test til day 36 or 37.

Last month I had really sore boobs for days before period and there's absolutely nothing going on with them now so I'd say this is going to be a long cycle.

Not saying to OH re when period due as otherwise he'll be begging me to test tomorrow but I really want to hold off. Don't like doing tests & being disappointed.

Hoping it's your month Mink, fingers crossed for you!

I am also hoping boobs that usually hurt not hurting is a good sign too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Last month I had really sore boobs for days before period and there's absolutely nothing going on with them now
    Digs wrote: »
    I am also hoping boobs that usually hurt not hurting is a good sign too ;)

That was one thing that stood out for me the month I got my BFP, my boobs usually became sore just after ovualtion but the month I became pregnant they didn't become sore until much further along. Best of luck x

Ms2011 wrote: »
    That was one thing that stood out for me the month I got my BFP, my boobs usually became sore just after ovualtion but the month I became pregnant they didn't become sore until much further along. Best of luck x

This is the first month where things that normally happen, arent happening for me. Im praying thats a good sign as I sit here and blow my snotty nose :eek:

Day 27 now and boobs still aren't sore although nipples are getting a bit tender. I think I have sinusitis again so feel like crap. I'm not sure if my cycle is gonna be a long one this month as I seemed to have ewcm until about day23 this cycle. I don't often get positives on the opk tests so haven't a clue when to expect AF. I've had bloods drawn by the gp and she told me hat my progesterone levels suggest I am ovulating so I hope I am. I'm in for a lap and dye this Friday so if there is anything wrong with me, we should see on Friday. Fingers crossed..

Good luck Yellow Hen, hope all goes really well for you.

11DPO and boobs starting to hurt. It is going to be a long week waiting :o

Hope everyone is getting on well. Praying for a whole heap of July/August babies for us.

Let us know how you get on yellow hen.

Think I'm out, sore boobs & cramping started yesterday so expecting AF to make an appearance later today, which would make it a 30 day cycle - not too bad, 28 days cycle before.

• Advertisement

I'm out :( spotting day cd25 and full blown today. cd 26. Was really hoping it was implantation bleeding and wasted one of my bargain tests :mad:

oh well, always next month

Best of luck to all

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement