Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

I just did a cheapie tesco test and it's a feint, feint line. Have another one. Will do it tomorrow morning.
    Don't wanna get my hopes up. AF is 2 days late but still feel like it could come, except indigestion and sore nips.
    ps: Chin up barbiegirl. New month,new oppurtunities x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

javagal wrote: »
    I just did a cheapie tesco test and it's a feint, feint line. Have another one. Will do it tomorrow morning.
    Don't wanna get my hopes up. AF is 2 days late but still feel like it could come, except indigestion and sore nips.

OMG Javagal! Congratulations :) a line is a line! You should get the Clearblue Digital Test! They're a little pricey but it gives you a definate Yes or No.. Sounds good though :)

Tigeress wrote: »
    OMG Javagal! Congratulations :) a line is a line! You should get the Clearblue Digital Test! They're a little pricey but it gives you a definate Yes or No.. Sounds good though :)

lol thanks but i dont wanna get my hopes for an evap line!!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

lol thanks but i dont wanna get my hopes for an evap line!!

My cheapie was a very faint line too, but it was there. :) so i repeated it with a First Response but because i was all peed out I only managed a tiny sample, so had a faint line on that. A clearblue digi the next day confirmed it for me. Unless you left it for hours to dry out, its not an evap line. :D:D:D

Hopefully I get to log on and congratulate you tomorrow properly!!!

Cyning - Massive congrats to you!! Wishing you a happy and safe pregnancy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Tigeress wrote: »

Second the clear blue rec. It says either 'pregnant' or 'not pregnant', foolproof for me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 scooter29

Nicky987 wrote: »
    I know being overweight isnt the best but like yourself i have tried. its very easy for people to say cut out calories and exercise but it really isnt that simple. For example i joined the gym - went for 6 weeks doing cardio and healthy eating and i lost 2lbs! so frustrating. the consultant turned round and said to me that some bodies dont respond well to loosing weight and that i just need to try harder - i was in floods of tears. I totally understand where you are coming from - i empathise with you. Since my appointment 2 weeks ago ive decided i just need to bust my gut off. i need to prove hime wrong that my weight isnt the problem here. i cant go back in 5 months the same weight as i am today for him to sit there and tell me to loose weight again! ive decided to join weight watchers - going to do it solely for 6 weeks and hope to loose a stone, and have rejoined back at the gym. I am making myself go each week to weigh in and stay for the meeting - this will at least give me one hour of my time just to sit and reflect! im due to weigh in tomo and last week lost 4.5lbs :-) i myself need to loose around 3 1/2 stone before march - a big task in hard but im real determined - what ever it takes as this is the only thing which will continue my treatment - il be going onto injections in march if i loose the weight. I feel we are very much put into a category and to be honest it is a easy way out. i get really upset, frustrated and annoyed with society at times as bmi is not the only thing that should be looked at! Scooter just try and change little eating habbits and slowly you should notice a diff. Im in excatley the same position as yourself and if you if want to talk x

Thanks for the advice. I have lost two stone or so over the past year and a bit but it isn't enough, I am told. My doctor blames everything on the weight and I do know that it plays a part in things, but I have seen plenty of larger women with childen. Does the fact that I am overweight exclude me from having a child? I exercise regularly and I try to eat right, but when I come back from the consultant or the doctor, it knocks my confidence and I end up eating too much again... I am not going to give up though. I will keep trying and it is good to talk to people who understand. Most people are very insensitive when it comes to this topic and they just dont understand the emotional toll it takes on you.....

Second the clear blue rec. It says either 'pregnant' or 'not pregnant', foolproof for me :D
    thanks everyone i will keep you posted tomorrow. I'll do my other cheapie and if i see a faint one i'll head straight to boots for one. I have a picture on my phone on the test trying to capture the very slight line. Might post here to see if you think so too. Question. Is increased discharge a symptom? My oh thinks i'm mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

thanks everyone i will keep you posted tomorrow. I'll do my other cheapie and if i see a faint one i'll head straight to boots for one. I have a picture on my phone on the test trying to capture the very slight line. Might post here to see if you think so too. Question. Is increased discharge a symptom? My oh thinks i'm mad.

This might sound very unhelpful but I had zero symptoms but I just *knew* if that makes any sense. I wasn't a bit surprised the test was positive! :)

Think the clear blue is about €18, sounds good though for you, late period and two positives, score! Best of luck! :)

Javagal I was the same when I got my faint pos lol! I kept staring at it :) I use the cheapie the next AM too and when I seen another faint I kept my pee jar (tmi) and got the digital! If you have a boots near you they're about €10 but chemists are nearly €20.. so expensive but worth it! Best of luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Oh fingers and toes crossed for you javagirl!! Congrats cyning....hope you have a wonderful pregnancy!

Me.....I'm on my last month of trying else surgery in december and then we're out if he game for several months. I'm trying to be relaxed but am still opk testing and will do the sme plan. The odd begging plee to god also :)

Im tired of this trying. I've been on this forum for a while but unfortunately a few months ago had to change my username as I think I was almost identified!!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Yellow hen,
    Its not the forum you want a Real Life person to connect you, all right!:D Hope your secret identity stays anon. Though you can tell me if you like lol. :p

Having said that, some of us linked up through facebook (on the understanding that nothing relating to Boards or TTC or babies etc gets mentioned anywhere on FB that others can read.) and it was really nice to put real names and faces to the great friends that support us on this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

The clear blue digital tests were on special in tesco Wed at 12 something for a 2 pack
    :D
    So you can be doubly sure!X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭allgirlz

Hi girls, I am out this month af just arrived this morning :( Onwards and upwards! Hope everyone else is doing well..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Sorry to hear that allgirlz :(

Ladies I made a complete boll1x of this month. I think I'm on cd15 and have only managed 1 opk. I've no idea if ovulating & with my schedule and hubby's we haven't managed much of anything. I think I'm just going to sit back and see what happens.

I've been a little stressed out this week but started the couch to 5k again and also my pilates DVD so I'm just chilling with that. In serious danger of going into next dress size up and can't afford to change my whole wardrobe.

Best of luck to everyone on the 2 week wait. Any news javagirl???

another faint line, darker this time-oh even seen it, gonna head now and get the proper tests, let you all know soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

another faint line, darker this time-oh even seen it, gonna head now and get the proper tests, let you all know soon!

Fingers crossed for you girl x:)

I'M PREGNANT!! 3-4 weeks :O I think i'm in shock. We must be seriously fertile.

baby due 2 weeks before my bday in july!

Just wanted to say that I haven't a notion sometimes what ye guys/girls are posting with regards to some of the acronyms eg AF and cd but am rooting for ye all and am hoping everytime I come in here for a read that I see good news..........really makes me happy when I do and often tearful:o

Best wishes to all of ye:):)

OMG, You posted this as I was posting my previous message............Yeahhhhhhhh:D

Sitting here grinning like a fool for you girl.................Congrats!! xxx

OMG, You posted this as I was posting my previous message............Yeahhhhhhhh:D

Sitting here grinning like a fool for you girl.................Congrats!! xxx

Thanks Girly :):) I am so weirded out, I knew I was but I'm in shock it happened so fast.Pretty much first month we tried..

Oh my gosh its so strange and new

• Advertisement

:D I knew it!!! Massive Congratulations to you Javagal and Mr. Javagal. Hope it all goes well for you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Congrats!! Delighted for you :D x

Thanks everyone!! Im so weirded out!! Gonna take a few days to adjust.

What do i do now?

Thanks everyone!! Im so weirded out!! Gonna take a few days to adjust.

What do i do now?

Catch up on all the sleep you can.......:D
    Joking, there isn't much you can do I suppose except let it sink in and enjoy the feeling :)

Catch up on all the sleep you can.......:D
    Joking, there isn't much you can do I suppose except let it sink in and enjoy the feeling :)

Lol no sleep for me! Back to college on monday!! so glad baby will be due in july so i'll have til mid sept before back to college.

Oh i'm so nervous excited!!
    Girls I'm praying you all get the same news next month, you are all so brilliant and supportive that you all deserve a BFP!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Cyning and Javagirl congratulations :eek::D
    I want in on the action too...
    After all my wordly pessessions were in transit y/day I still managed to know where my pregnancy tests were located this morning at 8am :rolleyes: Of course I did one and I think there was the very very faintest line, my hubby thinks so and when I showed it my brother he says "I heard on the radio there`s no such thing as a false positive"
    I`m only 10 days past ovulation so don`t think i could get a + so soon, god I hope it`s really + in the morning!!!
    Please ladies start praying (who`s the patron saint of lost causes again?)
    My head`s fried...

Fri.Day wrote: »
    After all my wordly pessessions were in transit y/day I still managed to know where my pregnancy tests were located this morning at 8am :rolleyes: Of course I did one and I think there was the very very faintest line, my hubby thinks so and when I showed it my brother he says "I heard on the radio there`s no such thing as a false positive"
    I`m only 10 days past ovulation so don`t think i could get a + so soon, god I hope it`s really + in the morning!!!
    My head`s fried...
    praying for you friday ! We'd be due a few days apart! Fingers and toes crossed for you x

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

scooter29 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice. I have lost two stone or so over the past year and a bit but it isn't enough, I am told. My doctor blames everything on the weight and I do know that it plays a part in things, but I have seen plenty of larger women with childen. Does the fact that I am overweight exclude me from having a child? I exercise regularly and I try to eat right, but when I come back from the consultant or the doctor, it knocks my confidence and I end up eating too much again... I am not going to give up though. I will keep trying and it is good to talk to people who understand. Most people are very insensitive when it comes to this topic and they just dont understand the emotional toll it takes on you.....

Scooter know excatley where your coming from- everything put down to weight when thats noy always the case.... So frustrating. Jist keep going and lets prove them all.wrong!

javagel- amazing news- yay, well done you!

as for me im back to consultant In march to start injections- can anyone give me a bit my info on them? How many, what they do, when u have them, what tests u have with them, eg bloods, u/s etc... If injections fail its onto IUI. I really must ovulate first :-(

Fri.Day wrote: »
    My head`s fried...

I have my fingers & toes crossed for you Fri.Day!! Looking forward to seeing your post tomorrow :)

• Advertisement

Congrats Fri.day!!!! I am so delighted for you. Its nice when there are others due at the same time as you here to share experiences. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy. My ma always did say "new house, new baby";)
    Nicky987 wrote: »
    as for me im back to consultant In march to start injections- can anyone give me a bit my info on them? How many, what they do, when u have them, what tests u have with them, eg bloods, u/s etc... If injections fail its onto IUI. I really must ovulate first :-(

Nicky, I was on clomid, but took the pregnyl trigger shots, so they will just be subsituting the clomid on you for a similar ovarian stimulant in injection form and either pregnyl or maybe ovitrelle to trigger. There are a few out there so really depends what you are prescribed. Normally I got a vaginal ultrasound or two depending, for each cycle but no other bloods or tests. I paid 300 irrespective of how many ultrasounds I went in for per cycle.

hopefully once you are prescribed, you can get more exact information on what you will face.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement