Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Neyite wrote: »
    Yellow hen,
    Its not the forum you want a Real Life person to connect you, all right!:D Hope your secret identity stays anon. Though you can tell me if you like lol. :p

Having said that, some of us linked up through facebook (on the understanding that nothing relating to Boards or TTC or babies etc gets mentioned anywhere on FB that others can read.) and it was really nice to put real names and faces to the great friends that support us on this forum.

Thanks neyite (and thanks for understanding my gibberish message; I cannot write properly from iPhone :( ) I'm not quite ready to be known to fellow posters yet but I totally appreciate the sentiment and when I can deal with my feelings better I would love to know more about you all. X

I am just having a very blue weekend and found myself, ashamedly resenting all the new pregnancies on this thread :( I need to learn to deal with the dissapointment properly.

Javagirl and Friday, I am pleased for you both, just dead for jealous!!! I hpe you are having a really special time with your other halves letting the news sink in.

Barbiegirl, hope you're doing ok. Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I missed a lot in less than 24 hours! Two pregnancies!!!!!

Congrats javagirl & Fri.day! Grin on my face now for ye both. This is great news for the thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Just wanted to say that I haven't a notion sometimes what ye guys/girls are posting with regards to some of the acronyms eg AF and cd but am rooting for ye all and am hoping everytime I come in here for a read that I see good news..........really makes me happy when I do and often tearful:o

Best wishes to all of ye:):)

Congrats to javagirl and Fri.day here on the good news!!! Hopefully its a good sign for all. I have lurked here for a while now and have followed the stories

What fluffyorganic said - could anyone who has a bit of time please explain a few of the acronyms to us? I am at the very start of ttc and am researching everything i can get my hands on

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

yellow hen wrote: »
    Thanks neyite (and thanks for understanding my gibberish message; I cannot write properly from iPhone :( ) I'm not quite ready to be known to fellow posters yet but I totally appreciate the sentiment and when I can deal with my feelings better I would love to know more about you all. X

I am just having a very blue weekend and found myself, ashamedly resenting all the new pregnancies on this thread :( I need to learn to deal with the dissapointment properly.

Javagirl and Friday, I am pleased for you both, just dead for jealous!!! I hpe you are having a really special time with your other halves letting the news sink in.

Barbiegirl, hope you're doing ok. Xx

Its perfectly natural to be a bit envious. It can be hard when it seems everyone in the world is getting pregnant except you, and I dont think anyone on this thread would judge you for it - we've all been there at some point. Just remember that your time will come too. I never lost faith that it would happen for me, even if that meant a long road of maybe lots of doctors, procedures or paperwork to work with. My partner was so good at reminding me of that. He genuinely believed that we would have our family and that calmed me down. As did posting my frustrations here.
    MintyDoris wrote: »
    Congrats to javagirl and Fri.day here on the good news!!! Hopefully its a good sign for all. I have lurked here for a while now and have followed the stories

What fluffyorganic said - could anyone who has a bit of time please explain a few of the acronyms to us? I am at the very start of ttc and am researching everything i can get my hands on

We are really not supposed to use the acronyms here - mainly because new people feel a bit left out of the club, but some of the are just shorthand in our posts. Here are some of the ones from other sites, but we dont use (or try not to ) many here.

AF = Period
    CD = cycle day- usually followed by a number. Day one of period is CD1 and so on.
    BFP= Big fat positive
    BFN= Big fat negitive
    POAS= pee on a stick - not really common here
    OPK= ovulation predictor kit
    HPT= home pregnancy test - not common really here
    O= ovulation
    DTD= do the deed- sex
    BD= baby dance - sex -not really used here
    SPEP = Sperm meets egg plan. This is a (simplified) method where you have sex every second day from day 10, when you get your positive OPK do it daily for 3 days, skip a day and do one last day. Then stop.

U/s = Ultrasound. Can be regular but more commonly at this stage of babymaking its transvaginal thus giving a clearer picture. Dubbed "dildocam" by one of our regulars here, guess where it goes? :p.

Temping/charting = taking temperature and logging it onto a chart to show ovulation temperature rise. (fertile time) Used to be known as the Billings Method in the 80s. (incidentally the only method of avoiding conception approved by the Catholic Church/useless trivia)

Cheapie test = when you get into this lark, those ovulation and pregnancy tests in the chemist cost an utter fortune. So most of us who would like to put our (eventual) kids through college get much cheaper online - ebay and accessdiagnostics.co.uk are sites recommended by a few users here.

Evap line. When a preg /ovulation test dries out it can "show" a line where the pregnancy test indicator should be. Thats why you follow the time indicated on the test and discard after that time frame. (unless you get a real positive, then you are gonna want to keep it :)) Apart from Evaporation lines, Usually the mantra is "a line is a line" because the test can only show a positive if HCG in the urine and that only occurs if a woman is pregnant. You cannot get a 'false positive' You can get a 'false negative' (say, if its too early to test and there is not enough HCG in the urine for the test to pick up)

A chemical Pregnancy is where you get a line, but your period comes within a day or so. It means that an egg was fertilised, but fails to implant into the uterus.

DPO = days past ovulation. Like CD its followed by a number to show where you are in the cycle.

When using assisted conception, there is a whole new world of acronyms and terms to get used to:

OI= ovulation induction. This is where you are prescribed medication to improve ovulation or to start it. Clomid (in tablet form) is usually the starter one, moving on to injections if that does not work.

Trigger shot= when you are on clomid or other ovulation stimulant, around CD12 the give you a 'trigger shot' this is an injection that triggers ovulation, brands like Pregnyl and Ovitrelle are ones I am familiar with.

IUI = intra uterine insemination. When OI fails to work, the next stage is IUI. The patient does the same as before, taking their Clomid /injectibles and trigger shot, but semen is taken from the partner and a catheter inserted in the uterus and semen directly placed in the uterus to give a better chance that more survive to the egg.

IVF = probably the best known. Female goes through a regimen of drugs to firstly halt fertility and induce a false menopause so the cycle can be manipiulated by the doctors. Injections are taken daily (I think) at the beginning of the cycle to stimulate the ovaries. When they are ready, a small incision is made to retrieve the eggs, which are then mixed in a petri dish with partners sperm and fertilised eggs are implanted.

ISCI = exactly like ISCI, but a single sperm is injected directly into the egg. Usually used when the eggs are of poor quality.

In assisted contraception there is a whole load of more acronyms such as stimming, down reg, and heaps more. I tended to google them as I went along because there was so many, but these are the ones I am more familiar with. Feel free to ask if you come across a new one.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Haven't posted here in agggeeeeessss as we're not actively trying at the moment but just wanted to welcome the newbies and say a HUGE congratulations to Fri.day and Java - delighted for ye!!

Neyite, how are you feeling doll?

Have to say, the acronyms are a pian in the backside...they make reading very difficult to newcomers to trying to conceive and I would imagine it's a nightmare to read for anyone who doesn't have english as a first language.

x

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Haven't posted here in agggeeeeessss as we're not actively trying at the moment but just wanted to welcome the newbies and say a HUGE congratulations to Fri.day and Java - delighted for ye!!

Neyite, how are you feeling doll?

Have to say, the acronyms are a pian in the backside...they make reading very difficult to newcomers to trying to conceive and I would imagine it's a nightmare to read for anyone who doesn't have english as a first language.

x

Long time no post :)

The acronmyms are a pain, i do try and use them as little as possible, but on other sites its like secretarial shorthand sometimes so I was constantly flicking over to google to find out what it was!

I am doing great - 13 weeks today :D Got a doppler on friday and spent the evening lying on the sofa with goo on my tum with the OH playing doctors. :p Its so reassuring to hear the heartbeat and knowing anytime we get a bit worried we can pull out the doppler to have a listen.

We are going to tell family next weekend. My mommy is gonna cry. Her smaller grandkids are abroad, and the Irish ones are fast becoming grunting teens so a new baby on the block for her to cuddle is going to give her a whole lease of life.

I am a bridesmaid 7 days before my due date. Do you think its do-able or should I resign? I really want to, and hope I am pregnant rather than post-partum for it. Too many parts oozing or leaking to worry about then, plus a newborn. :eek:

how is your course? has your workload settled down yet, or is it still mental? How long is it? I'd say that you did the right thing not TTC during it, I had to let my course slide but have unrealistic notions of taking it up again during maternity leave :p

Long time no post :)

The acronmyms are a pain, i do try and use them as little as possible, but on other sites its like secretarial shorthand sometimes so I was constantly flicking over to google to find out what it was!

I am doing great - 13 weeks today :D Got a doppler on friday and spent the evening lying on the sofa with goo on my tum with the OH playing doctors. :p Its so reassuring to hear the heartbeat and knowing anytime we get a bit worried we can pull out the doppler to have a listen.

We are going to tell family next weekend. My mommy is gonna cry. Her smaller grandkids are abroad, and the Irish ones are fast becoming grunting teens so a new baby on the block for her to cuddle is going to give her a whole lease of life.

I am a bridesmaid 7 days before my due date. Do you think its do-able or should I resign? I really want to, and hope I am pregnant rather than post-partum for it. Too many parts oozing or leaking to worry about then, plus a newborn. :eek:

how is your course? has your workload settled down yet, or is it still mental? How long is it? I'd say that you did the right thing not TTC during it, I had to let my course slide but have unrealistic notions of taking it up again during maternity leave :p

Just posted a big long reply and it fecking deleted grr, hate that:P

I can't believe you're 13 weeks already, you must be dying to tell everyone:) I think I'll be investing in a doppler next time round, I know I'm going to be mega paranoid after everything :/

On the bridesmaid from, if it was me, I would be resigning. Even if you fly through the pregnancy, that last week can be tiring...I just don't thing I'd fancy the whole smiling politely and sitting and standing and kneeling and 14 hours of photos and needing to pee and the baby dancing on your blabber during the service...:eek:...could you still play an active part in the wedding just with a bit less to do??

The course is AWESOME, I love it:D I'm on top of the workload, it's tough going but I'm really enjoying it:D It's just one year for this but I'm gonna go on to do sports massage next year and get me a job rubbing rugby players legs:D:D:D

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Just posted a big long reply and it fecking deleted grr, hate that:P

I can't believe you're 13 weeks already, you must be dying to tell everyone:) I think I'll be investing in a doppler next time round, I know I'm going to be mega paranoid after everything :/

On the bridesmaid from, if it was me, I would be resigning. Even if you fly through the pregnancy, that last week can be tiring...I just don't thing I'd fancy the whole smiling politely and sitting and standing and kneeling and 14 hours of photos and needing to pee and the baby dancing on your blabber during the service...:eek:...could you still play an active part in the wedding just with a bit less to do??

The course is AWESOME, I love it:D I'm on top of the workload, it's tough going but I'm really enjoying it:D It's just one year for this but I'm gonna go on to do sports massage next year and get me a job rubbing rugby players legs:D:D:D

http://www.inhealth.ie/Products/HI-bebe-BT-200-LCD__4562.aspx
    This is the doppler I got. It's pricey, and there were much cheaper but the big danger of doppler use is that you simply cant find the heartbeat and freak out. I dont think I could deal with that, especially having lost one twin in this pregnancy already. So we went for the more sensitive one and I justified the price as we are going to have loads of second hand baby equipment, clothes and maternity wear. When you get preggers I can lend it to you.:) Its only really useful I guess from 11 - 20 or so weeks because after that the kid kicking lumps outta ya is proof enough of a heartbeat.

Once I announce my news I will be able to talk to a few more mammies and decide on the bridesmaid front. I have already pulled out of the hen, because its abroad and I wont be allowed on a plane at 37 weeks. Sis was disappointed but understood. I will have to think some more about it.

Its great you are getting settled in to the course, though I always found that the time between Christmas and the May exams disappeared in the blink of an eye, so be warned! I think next year you will need an assistant. Deffo. I humbly volunteer to help rub rugby players legs. :D

http://www.inhealth.ie/Products/HI-bebe-BT-200-LCD__4562.aspx
    This is the doppler I got. It's pricey, and there were much cheaper but the big danger of doppler use is that you simply cant find the heartbeat and freak out. I dont think I could deal with that, especially having lost one twin in this pregnancy already. So we went for the more sensitive one and I justified the price as we are going to have loads of second hand baby equipment, clothes and maternity wear. When you get preggers I can lend it to you.:) Its only really useful I guess from 11 - 20 or so weeks because after that the kid kicking lumps outta ya is proof enough of a heartbeat.

Once I announce my news I will be able to talk to a few more mammies and decide on the bridesmaid front. I have already pulled out of the hen, because its abroad and I wont be allowed on a plane at 37 weeks. Sis was disappointed but understood. I will have to think some more about it.

Its great you are getting settled in to the course, though I always found that the time between Christmas and the May exams disappeared in the blink of an eye, so be warned! I think next year you will need an assistant. Deffo. I humbly volunteer to help rub rugby players legs. :D

That looks like a really good one and it's a small price to pay for peace of mind;) And thank you so much for the offer, that's really nice of you - I think I may have to take you up on that:D

I can't believe how quickly the time is going already, tis scary:eek: And you can defo be my assistant!! Big muscley legs like those need many hands :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

AF = Period
    CD = cycle day- usually followed by a number. Day one of period is CD1 and so on.
    BFP= Big fat positive
    BFN= Big fat negitive
    POAS= pee on a stick - not really common here
    OPK= ovulation predictor kit
    HPT= home pregnancy test - not common really here
    O= ovulation
    DTD= do the deed- sex
    BD= baby dance - sex -not really used here
    SPEP = Sperm meets egg plan. This is a (simplified) method where you have sex every second day from day 10, when you get your positive OPK do it daily for 3 days, skip a day and do one last day. Then stop.

U/s = Ultrasound. Can be regular but more commonly at this stage of babymaking its transvaginal thus giving a clearer picture. Dubbed "dildocam" by one of our regulars here, guess where it goes? :p.

Temping/charting = taking temperature and logging it onto a chart to show ovulation temperature rise. (fertile time) Used to be known as the Billings Method in the 80s. (incidentally the only method of avoiding conception approved by the Catholic Church/useless trivia)

Cheapie test = when you get into this lark, those ovulation and pregnancy tests in the chemist cost an utter fortune. So most of us who would like to put our (eventual) kids through college get much cheaper online - ebay and accessdiagnostics.co.uk are sites recommended by a few users here.

Evap line. When a preg /ovulation test dries out it can "show" a line where the pregnancy test indicator should be. Thats why you follow the time indicated on the test and discard after that time frame. (unless you get a real positive, then you are gonna want to keep it :)) Apart from Evaporation lines, Usually the mantra is "a line is a line" because the test can only show a positive if HCG in the urine and that only occurs if a woman is pregnant. You cannot get a 'false positive' You can get a 'false negative' (say, if its too early to test and there is not enough HCG in the urine for the test to pick up)

A chemical Pregnancy is where you get a line, but your period comes within a day or so. It means that an egg was fertilised, but fails to implant into the uterus.

DPO = days past ovulation. Like CD its followed by a number to show where you are in the cycle.

When using assisted conception, there is a whole new world of acronyms and terms to get used to:

OI= ovulation induction. This is where you are prescribed medication to improve ovulation or to start it. Clomid (in tablet form) is usually the starter one, moving on to injections if that does not work.

Trigger shot= when you are on clomid or other ovulation stimulant, around CD12 the give you a 'trigger shot' this is an injection that triggers ovulation, brands like Pregnyl and Ovitrelle are ones I am familiar with.

IUI = intra uterine insemination. When OI fails to work, the next stage is IUI. The patient does the same as before, taking their Clomid /injectibles and trigger shot, but semen is taken from the partner and a catheter inserted in the uterus and semen directly placed in the uterus to give a better chance that more survive to the egg.

IVF = probably the best known. Female goes through a regimen of drugs to firstly halt fertility and induce a false menopause so the cycle can be manipiulated by the doctors. Injections are taken daily (I think) at the beginning of the cycle to stimulate the ovaries. When they are ready, a small incision is made to retrieve the eggs, which are then mixed in a petri dish with partners sperm and fertilised eggs are implanted.

ISCI = exactly like ISCI, but a single sperm is injected directly into the egg. Usually used when the eggs are of poor quality.

In assisted contraception there is a whole load of more acronyms such as stimming, down reg, and heaps more. I tended to google them as I went along because there was so many, but these are the ones I am more familiar with. Feel free to ask if you come across a new one.:)

Thanks for taking the time to do that Neyite, very helpful. Maybe the mods could add this as a sticky or something to stop it getting lost in this thread?

I am sure I will have new threads to start once I get reading

It's been quite interesting making notes of my cycle for the last few months so now I have a fairly good idea about when I should be ovulating. That said, the decision to start ttc has really only been made in the last month so I want to get some of the cheapie OPK and see if its actually happening.

This year I have been dealing with a health issue that has had me hospitalised on one occasion already so my doctor has said that if I do manage to get pregnant, I will be under close supervision. I have a consultant visit on Tuesday which I hope will clear up a few things for me

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on this thread and hopefully will have something to add to the ongoing discussion

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

*mod note*

People are asked not to use abbreviations on the parenting board and as a result there is no sticky translating them.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    *mod note*

People are asked not to use abbreviations on the parenting board and as a result there is no sticky translating them.

Apologies. It wasnt my intention to promote acronyms here when I posted that, I try not to use them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Congratulations Cying, Javagal & Fri.day on your positive results!

Fingers and toes crossed there will be plenty more positives for all others on the thread and soon too x

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

Moonbeam wrote: »
    *mod note*

WHY PLEASE??? I dont understand what the problem is to use them could you explain?? Anyone using this particular thread is actively trying to get pregnant so these phrases shortened would be understood by them and used on numerous occasions !!!Would say a lot of wasted time I think what do the rest of the ladies think???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

cordub wrote: »
    WHY PLEASE??? I dont understand what the problem is to use them could you explain?? Anyone using this particular thread is actively trying to get pregnant so these phrases shortened would be understood by them and used on numerous occasions !!!Would say a lot of wasted time I think what do the rest of the ladies think???

This is why.

The forum charter is there for a reason - please read it. In this instance the section about not arguing with a moderator on-thread would be an appropriate section for you to have a look at also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭longinforababy

wow havent been in here in over a week, congrats girls on the great news!

I am so used to acronyms from being on other sites for so long (8+years trying to conceive, see that is just ttc to me... ) but as some of the ladies reminded me here when I started posting that its generally not used, I do my best not to use them... I fail sometimes though!

cork fertility clinic still have not received the referral from cumh so hoping to get in contact with them this week to see when its going to happen as want to have the pre treatment consult before they close for christmas as think progesterone may be decreasing as my cycle seems to be getting shorter, normally 29 days so last two have been 25 and 23 days long..

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭carlyam2

i just wanted to say congrats to both javagirl and friday on their happy news so happy to hear good news :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Custard Cream

Javagirl & Fri.Day man congratulations. I'm delighted for you both, brilliant news.

Neyite, thanks for the abbreviations I was laughing reading your post it must have taken you ages. I hope everything is going well with your pregnancy, it's almost Christmas so you won't feel it until you are out and about showing off your lovely new baba. Spring is such a lovely time to have a baby.

I had a lovely weekend, it was the first one since the miscarriage that I didn't cry:) Still thinking about it all the time but I suppose the pain is not as bad as it was. I think I'm going to get my AF soon (see how I'm using your post Neyite!!) I have pains in my side and feeling a bit uncomfortable. I know it's strange but I think I'll actually feel even better when I get it. I feel like I'm waiting on something to begin now.

Question, does anyone have a clearblue fertility monitor? I got one on ebay (€40!!! :D) Problem is there are no instructions with it. I looked it up on the website but it's not very clear. Do you use the stick everyday? And do you start using the stick when you start your period, sorry AF, or do you just switch it on?

First frosty morning!! Roll on Christmas I can't wait!

Javagirl & Fri.Day man congratulations. I'm delighted for you both, brilliant news.

Neyite, thanks for the abbreviations I was laughing reading your post it must have taken you ages. I hope everything is going well with your pregnancy, it's almost Christmas so you won't feel it until you are out and about showing off your lovely new baba. Spring is such a lovely time to have a baby.

I had a lovely weekend, it was the first one since the miscarriage that I didn't cry:) Still thinking about it all the time but I suppose the pain is not as bad as it was. I think I'm going to get my AF soon (see how I'm using your post Neyite!!) I have pains in my side and feeling a bit uncomfortable. I know it's strange but I think I'll actually feel even better when I get it. I feel like I'm waiting on something to begin now.

Question, does anyone have a clearblue fertility monitor? I got one on ebay (€40!!! :D) Problem is there are no instructions with it. I looked it up on the website but it's not very clear. Do you use the stick everyday? And do you start using the stick when you start your period, sorry AF, or do you just switch it on?

First frosty morning!! Roll on Christmas I can't wait!
    lol

have never used one so dont know sorry,
    first frosty morning?
    the whole weekend here has been frosty, love seeing the frosted spider webs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Starting telling my close family my news this morning.
    I know it might be a bit early but if anything happens(god forbid) I want them to know and to be able to support us.
    My best friend cried more than I did, it will be her godchild so she's over the moon!!
    Indigestion is a b*tch and I have a phobia of gaviscon!!
    Rennies are my friend!

• Advertisement

I dont think I could keep it from family either javagal!
    good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

My goodness thanks ladies

Sunday morning I did 3 more cheap tests but they weren`t coming up so did another clearblue one to be sure and it was less faint than saturday, then after 10mins the cheap ones had very deffinite faint lines, but still enough of something to get excited about...I did another one this morning and I got a good but still too faint line for my liking :o
    Ive got 2 more clearblue and 1 cheap one for tomorrow, the clearblue one that says pregnant 1-2 weeks or not pregnant!!
    Here`s my worry, first of many i`m sure, I had a sore throat sat eve but sunday morning it was very bad and my temperature went up to 37.5 celsius (99.5 F) so anyone got any non medical advice to relieve my worry - I took 1 paracetemol and went to bed at 8 but would high temps be cause for worry usually??
    I told my immediate family yesterday anyway... :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Congrats to all the new mammies to be :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Fri.Day wrote: »
    My goodness thanks ladies

Sunday morning I did 3 more cheap tests but they weren`t coming up so did another clearblue one to be sure and it was less faint than saturday, then after 10mins the cheap ones had very deffinite faint lines, but still enough of something to get excited about...I did another one this morning and I got a good but still too faint line for my liking :o
    Ive got 2 more clearblue and 1 cheap one for tomorrow, the clearblue one that says pregnant 1-2 weeks or not pregnant!!
    Here`s my worry, first of many i`m sure, I had a sore throat sat eve but sunday morning it was very bad and my temperature went up to 37.5 celsius (99.5 F) so anyone got any non medical advice to relieve my worry - I took 1 paracetemol and went to bed at 8 but would high temps be cause for worry usually??
    I told my immediate family yesterday anyway... :D:D

High temps are your bodies way of trying to fight off infection. It shouldn't be a cause of worry, but if you are worried, you know we can't give medical advice here, so please contact your GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

javagal wrote: »
    I'M PREGNANT!! 3-4 weeks :O I think i'm in shock. We must be seriously fertile.

baby due 2 weeks before my bday in july!

Congrats Javagal, hope you are enjoying your pregnancy (so far) it is a great feeling and I wish you nothing but the best :D
    Fri.Day wrote: »
    Please ladies start praying (who`s the patron saint of lost causes again?)
    My head`s fried...

St Jude ;) I need that fella a lot(I am a tad clumsy/ditsy!) Congrats Fri.Day. It is true, there is no such thing as a false positive.

Thanks Neyite, I was always extremely lost with the abbreviations (see above note on ditsy-ness!:D).

Had a dream last night I was pregnant with twins (they run in my family on both sides) and that last months period was not actually a period. Woke up all excited and happy. Then remembered it was a dream, needless to say benn a tad moody and upset all day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

You turn it on the first morning of your period by pressing the m button, if you missed the first morning, then hold it until you get to day 2 or 3, if it's any longer than that you probably need to wait til next month.

Then you check every day the monitor before first pee, it will then you when to test, it shows a little stick. Pee on the stick, stick it in and the stick on the display flashes, then when it's ready the screen stick stops flashing and an arrow indicates that you should take it out. It can also turn off but don't worry just turn it back on and take the stick out, one square reading is low fertility, 2 squares, get at it every 2nd day you're on high, 3 means you are at peak fertility and ovulating. You keep checking and peeing on sticks til it stops indicating you should. Then if your period comes you begin again by pressing m.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Congrats to all the new mums to be - great to get some positive news on the thread :) Also glad to hear you are feeling a bit brighter custard cream :)

Bit confused myself.... On cycle day 16, almost positive I am ovulating/have ovulated temp dropped from 35.7 constant to 35.55 yest and shot up to 35.85 this morning unfort I have a complete lack of cervical mucus :confused: like zilch.....ordered some preseed yesterday with overnight delivery but think it's too little too late and have blown this month :( Have been taking evening primrose for a month also which makes the lack of cm even wierder as I usually have a bit around this time of the month.... Will try the preseed tonight as the courier is delivering today.

I have also been having neg ovulation tests but Im not too convinced I was getting accurate readings as urine was quite diluted the last few days......need to stop drinking so much water during work, its a habit now.

Not having a great day....needed to vent sorry girls :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Joanie37

allgirlz wrote: »
    Hi girls, hope everyone is ok. I am cd 24 and did a test this morning and got the faintest of faint lines tbh I think it may have been an evaporation line so am going to leave it now until the weekend. I want this so badly but am trying to be realistic as we did not stick to the plan at all last month, dh was very unco-operative :rolleyes:
    Javagirl how are you now? Did af arrive?
    Joanie37 where do you go for your acupuncture?
    Everyone else I hope you are all well, sorry for those whose af arrived, fingers crossed and babydust for all of us still waiting xx
    I go to a place in Listowel Co. Kerry It has lowered my stress levels but I think that going to the gym has lowered it as well..He kept on about Ying and Yang bit crazy but im more positive. I got the trigger injection today first time so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Digs - I found the preseed really great. I wouldn't recommend using the full amount they tell u too as I found it too much and it all got v.messy...!! I used about half and def think it helped me - I also took benylin chesty cough bottle 10mls daily for the few days in the run up to ovulation - think it helped a little also!

Good luck to everyone this month - I hope it brings good news and some much wanted and deserved positives :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

congrats fri.day and javagal delighted for you both , love logging on and seeing other people with positives gives me hope :D I'm waiting for AF at the moment the joys, My boobs are beyond sore couldn't sleep proper they were that bad & i was just so warm ohh the joys of it all. I was hoping for positive before christmas looks like I'm just going to have to wait abit longer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement