Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone launch 14th March on O2 Ireland...

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Can anyone who has an iphone comment on the call quality on both ends (you and receiver). I have read a lot about it being fairly poor for earpiece volume and sound quality on receiver end.

Also if the phone is sleeping (screen off) what is the sequence for answering a call? Is it simply press a button to answer or do you have to wake the screen, unlock it and then answer?

Also is you phone unlocked or genuine O2?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i haven't noticed any difference between calls from my old phone k800i and no one has told me otherwise either.

the screen automatically wakes when a call comes through, then you just slide to answer the call.

the button on the top of the iphone if pressed once when someone is calling you will turn off the ringtone/vibrate but the call still rings if pressed twice in succession it goes to voicemail.

i have a unlocked iphone but on O2 bill pay whatever plan is €35.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

richieg wrote: »
    Can anyone who has an iphone comment on the call quality on both ends (you and receiver). I have read a lot about it being fairly poor for earpiece volume and sound quality on receiver end.

Also if the phone is sleeping (screen off) what is the sequence for answering a call? Is it simply press a button to answer or do you have to wake the screen, unlock it and then answer?

Also is you phone unlocked or genuine O2?

Call quality is very good at both ends, But i find the ringer very low.

When the phone rings the screen comes up with the callers details,
    you "slide to unlock"
    there are some vids of it on the Apple website in the iPhone section.

Unlocked US phone on o2 prepay!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭vinnycoyne

i find the audio is a lot clearer than my old phone (nokia 6103). same goes for the receiver, i've been told a couple of times that the mic is almost too loud.
    i'm using an unlocked uk phone on meteor bill pay, previously meteor payg.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,849 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i find the volume very low when i dont have earphones in the iphone

i put 2 movies on the iphone and the volume can be bearly heard

music is a bit better

what could be wrong

i tried the 1.1.4 sound patch but to no avail

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I bought an unlocked iphone from the uk there yesterday, will have it in a few days. Far better value than buying it in ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

How much you pay Faceman?

Advertisement