Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone launch 14th March on O2 Ireland...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

Branoic wrote: »
    the alarm doesn't operate if the phone is turned off. It doesn't activate the phone.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why people are surprised about this. I've probably had 7 or 8 Nokia phones over the last few years and none of them turned themselves on and make the alarm sound after you've set the alarm and then turned the phone off??:confused:

Maybe I'm wrong.. I dont know?? do any phones do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

pretty much all of the old-skool - for want of a better term - nokias i had (3200,5210,3330) all turned themselves on for the alarm.

if you turn your phone off at night to stop people calling you at night perhaps put the phone into flight mode (turns off wi-fi and celluar transmission etc) yet the alarm will still work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

yes some of them did, very handy feature

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

omg I stand corrected dug out my trusty ole 7650 and indeed it does turn on! I must have thought I had tried it and it didn't work doh!
    Jeez dont tell me it had wifi as well and I never knew!!
    And how the iPhone is similar to that old 7650.. removable sim without turning off, proximity sensor ....lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Simon201 wrote: »
    I'm a bit puzzled as to why people are surprised about this. I've probably had 7 or 8 Nokia phones over the last few years and none of them turned themselves on and make the alarm sound after you've set the alarm and then turned the phone off??:confused:

the n95 does it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

the n95 does it

As did the SE K750i and K800i phones I had before my iPhone.

A slight niggle, and no biggy. I love everything else about the iPhone :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Simon201 wrote: »

afaik all nokia's alarm sounds when switched off.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

faceman wrote: »
    afaik all nokia's alarm sounds when switched off.
    Every phone i've owned before the iPhone did it anyways.. but I did own mostly Nokia's.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,898 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lads is it possible ot play Nintendo DS Games on the iphone :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 poukai

I may be missing something here but why on earth would that even be possible? Did Apple buy Nintendo when I wasn't looking?

• Advertisement

lads is it possible ot play Nintendo DS Games on the iphone :confused:
    Not sure about that.. but you can play Playstation games! :D
    poukai wrote: »
    I may be missing something here but why on earth would that even be possible? Did Apple buy Nintendo when I wasn't looking?
    It's very much a possibility with an emulator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 poukai

basquille wrote: »

On an offical iPhone or on a jailbroked one?

poukai wrote: »
    On an offical iPhone or on a jailbroked one?
    Jailbroken..

• Registered Users Posts: 53,898 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

basquille wrote: »

about the ds games i see sellers on ebay saying you can

• Registered Users Posts: 23,300 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Ok feel free to bend over and take it. me i vote with my feet... i'd rather get an ipod touch and a phone. the ipod touch does all the things the iphone does but doesn't make calls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I'm on meteor pay as you go - can I fully unlock a new iPhone bought in the states? I know data charges would be huge, but I'd just use the wifi and not edge.

When I go to buy it, will they ask me for a us address, at&t details etc?

Should I buy from a apple store or an at&t place?

1. No it won't work properly on Meteor, you wont be able to use the internet as Meteor don't support the phone.

2. Yes they will

3. Don't buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

brianblaze wrote: »
    1. No it won't work properly on Meteor, you wont be able to use the internet as Meteor don't support the phone.

Now that's just silly talk. My iPhone works perfectly on Meteor. I am on billpay, but it wouldn't be any different for pre-pay.
    2. Yes they will

More silly talk. The Apple store so not ask for any details.
    3. Don't buy it

Buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

This Viral pretty much states the short comings of the iphone - tho i'm probably still going to get one:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWZM8U89_ck

Short-comings of the phone.. and advantage of jail-breaking it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Has anyone had any luck sourcing the iphone in France and what prices are they fetching?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Do you have to activate the Irish iPhone over iTunes and do you have to sign the O2 contract over itunes? Could I just walk into on O2 shop, buy an iPhone and unlock it without signing up to anything?

It don't appear to be that easy. In the USA the apple stores will sell you an iphone over the counter, whether it is locked or not is not clear.

The phone if bought in an apple store in the states will be locked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Dman001 wrote: »
    Do you have to activate the Irish iPhone over iTunes and do you have to sign the O2 contract over itunes? Could I just walk into on O2 shop, buy an iPhone and unlock it without signing up to anything?
    You do have to activate it over iTunes, but not in the same way as in the US or UK. You have to sign up for an O2 contract in the store when you buy it. Then, on iTunes, you just create an Apple ID, accept the T&Cs and it's activated. You can't buy one without signing up to an O2 tariff.

You will need to go to France or Germany for a sim free version but be prepared to pay €750 to €1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

The US version would be the best then. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Bond-007 wrote: »
    You will need to go to France or Germany for a sim free version but be prepared to pay €750 to €1000.

They don't sell an unlocked version in Germany. That was only a temporary thing because of a court injunction, which was overturned. Also, the unlocked version in France is €649, but can only be used on another French network. It's not fully unlocked.

I assume with some jiggery pokery it can be fully unlocked?

yeh but if you're going to do some jiggery pokery with it you might as well just buy from the states and get it cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

strangely enough, some companies who handle corporate accounts for O2 won't be able to source iPhones, so they'll be providing their high-spending customers with unlocked ones.

I'm currently sourcing some for one such company.

Advertisement