Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone launch 14th March on O2 Ireland...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Moofy

su_dios wrote: »
    See the problem is..at the moment I pay 50eur meteor bill pay for free calls to any meteor, free texts to meteor, 300free mins to any network and I'm supposed to be getting 150free texts with the new offer too. The free calls I use a lot.. particularly just the one number. Does 02 do something similar ie. phone a friend for free?

Open it up there at lunch time:D

Just moved to O2 so have no idea what offers they do but if you get an iphone you have to get the iphone tarriffs.
    I am sure they must do something where you can call a friend for free on the other tarriffs though.
    I loved being with Meteor but had no choice but to go :(

The phone is currently bricked as it hasn't been conected to iTunes so they only thing I will be able to do is turn it on and off.

AOR wrote: »
    Did you have to pay with a credit card? I know there were rumours circulating that you would have to. But I suspect thats only for itunes

Well I paid with credit card anyway.
    I think the man next to me was about to pay with cash.
    What you have to do is pay the bill by direct debit either from your bank account or off your credit card.
    When I signed up to Itunes the other night it already had my credit card details as I had bought stuff from the online apple store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Picked up a 16gig in CPW Blackrock at about 10.30. Mine was the first iPhone they sold. bit of a flop for O2 because of the high tariff I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭TheBlackThing

I paid cash but needed the credit card to register with itunes.

I cant seem to access the contacts from my sim card.. Anybody know what the story is??

Class phone from what I can see so far! Safari is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Limerick City Center, 11:30am:

O2 Shop Cruises Street - 5 people in it including 2 sales reps
    CPW Arthurs Quay - 3 customers
    3G Store (they do apple stuff) - empty...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭AOR

I cant seem to access the contacts from my sim card.. Anybody know what the story is??

AFAIK if you back them up to outlook using your old phone, then you can sync the phone with outlook and then you will have your contact info. I dont think it can read the contact info directly from the sim.

You need to transfer your contacts from your old sim card over onto your pc/mac and then sync them to iphone.
    Your other option is to enter all your contacts in manually:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Another reason to jailbreak.. there's a 3rd party application to copy contacts from your sim! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

I hope nobody buys from O2. They are ripping people off with the tariffs. I don't mind the price but the tariffs are sh!t, too expensive with no visual voicemail (one of the main features of the iphone)

basquille wrote: »
    Another reason to jailbreak.. there's a 3rd party application to copy contacts from your sim! :D

Ya this sounds easier because Im using an old donkey of a phone and I dont think it can even be connected to a computer.

Can you point me in the right direction for doing this please..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Skyuser wrote: »
    I hope nobody buys from O2. They are ripping people off with the tariffs. I don't mind the price but the tariffs are sh!t, too expensive with no visual voicemail (one of the main features of the iphone)

tariffs in general are far too expensive here, although the iphone ones definitely did put me off buying an official o2 one. visual voicemail isn't really a big deal for me, but the fact that o2 don't offer it anyway makes the import and jailbreak option much more attractive.

Just a little point to note - I posted earlier in the thread that your upgrade will be reset to zero when you purchase the phone. I was told in the shop today that they have changed this.

Your upgrade stays as it was, or you can choose to have your account credited to the value of the upgrade.

Ya this sounds easier because Im using an old donkey of a phone and I dont think it can even be connected to a computer.

If you have signed up with O2 I wouldn't jailbreak it if I were you.
    I know there are better features on the jailbroken ones but do you want to void your warranty just for the sake of copying your contacts?
    Enter the ones you need first and then add some others later.
    You can practice your typing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Walked by the 02 store there in The Pavillions in Swords and 3 people were getting the I-Phone. Shop looked packed but then again its only tiny and 3 people make it looked packed.

Does the old phone have bluetooth? If so, you *might* be able to copy them across that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Does the old phone have bluetooth? If so, you *might* be able to copy them across that way.
    You can't, the iPhone only supports hands free over bluetooth.

Doubt it, but i suppose I could put the sim into the mrs' phone when she comes home and do it that way.

Do you mean from phone to phone or phone to PC to phone

that rules that out so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered...

I'm on vodafone pre-pay and want to get the iphone without a bill and keep my existing no. Can I buy the iphone from CPW stick my sim in and unlock it with one of the unlocking websites?

/let the rotten vegetable throwing begin

You only need to bluetooth the details from your old phone to your computer.
    The iphone will pick up the details when the iPhone gets synced with the computer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

stephen p wrote: »

I'm on vodafone pre-pay and want to get the iphone without a bill and keep my existing no. Can I buy the iphone from CPW stick my sim in and unlock it with one of the unlocking websites?

Yep, takes less than 4 minutes to free the iPhone. Rotten Veg? How about a nice shiny granny smith with one bite out of it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Moofy wrote: »
    You only need to bluetooth the details from your old phone to your computer.
    The iphone will pick up the details when the iPhone gets synced with the computer.
    Thats true, but the OP seemed to suggest copying them from phone to phone, which I was advising was not possible.

stephen p wrote: »

Don't think they will let you buy without signing a contract.
    You will pay a fortune for data if you are on PAYG.
    So I think the IGB included in the tarriff is ok when you see the other charges.

Thats true, but the OP seemed to suggest copying them from phone to phone, which I was advising was not possible.

Ooops , Sorry:(

Feck it I'm gonna go ahead and jailbreak it (I've no patience)

Can anybody point me in the right direction..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Feck it I'm gonna go ahead and jailbreak it (I've no patience)

Can anybody point me in the right direction..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055113165

i meant copy the contacts from the old phone to the PC via bluetooth, then import into outlook or whatever for copying back to the iphone via itunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭AOR

O2 Rathmines were doing pretty brisk business during Lunchtime, however their system crashed in the middle of it all so maybe it was just the backlog which made it seem packed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

For those who purchased an iPhone today in O2 store, did you just pay the 399 or 499 and walk out with the phone and then activate at home with iTunes, or do you have to give credit card / bank details before they give you the phone

• Advertisement

skearon wrote: »
    For those who purchased an iPhone today in O2 store, did you just pay the 399 or 499 and walk out with the phone and then activate at home with iTunes, or do you have to give credit card / bank details before they give you the phone

Just paid the cash and walked out the door, but I was an existing customer. Then activated it when I got home.

Advertisement