Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC’s ‘Ashes to Ashes’

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Anyone notice Jim's reaction when Alex mentioned Jeffrey Dahmer? Dahmer wasn't caught until 1991 and nobody knew who he was in 1983....

I definitely think Sam is going to pop up by the end of the season.

I read an interview with Dean Andrews during the week where he said that
    the ending is genius, and all loose ends - Alex, Sam, why, etc. are completely tied up.
    (Not really a spoiler, but covering it up anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm glad you spotted that! (hopefully not a script boo-boo)

Mr E wrote: »
    Anyone notice Jim's reaction when Alex mentioned Jeffrey Dahmer? Dahmer wasn't caught until 1991 and nobody knew who he was in 1983....

I definitely think Sam is going to pop up by the end of the season.

I read an interview with Dean Andrews during the week where he said that
    the ending is genius, and all loose ends - Alex, Sam, why, etc. are completely tied up.
    (Not really a spoiler, but covering it up anyway)

God yeah. Really makes you think is Jim in a similar predicament to Alex, Sam and martin summers where he is in a coma back in the modern day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Just read a rewiew last night of the second show on some website and nothing was mentioned about the Jeffrey Dahmer moment.:rolleyes:

Also who is that fella with the half a face? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Mr E wrote: »

QUOTE]

Hi everyone, I don't think I've posted on this thread before. I absolutely loved Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes..brilliant shows. I love Gene Hunt, one of my favourite moments on tv ever was the time he ranted at Sam calling him a big cissy. I can't find the clip on youtube to include it:(.

Mr E, what was Jim's reaction? I didn't notice. Did he look as if he recognised the name? Maybe he's from the future as well. The rest of them looked blank and rightly so 'cos they shouldn't have known about Dahmer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ann22 wrote: »
    Mr E, what was Jim's reaction? I didn't notice. Did he look as if he recognised the name? Maybe he's from the future as well. The rest of them looked blank and rightly so 'cos they shouldn't have known about Dahmer.

He cocked his head sideways and nodded. Definite recognition. Must look at it again to be sure, but it struck me as strange at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

mle1324 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that at the end I heard David Bowie - Life on Mars when the camara zoomed in on Shaz?

Brilliant episode,to be honest I can't see it being Gene that killed Sam myself.

Little bit of a piano and the girl with the mousey hair is heard

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Am I the only one who thinks that
    Shaz's mood could be down to her being pregnant with Chris's baby?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

that crossed my mind too, but I also thought that
    she might be in the throes of a major crush on Gene]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Am I the only one who thinks that
    Shaz's mood could be down to her being pregnant with Chris's baby?

Could be, but i think she's going to have a much bigger role this season than in the other two,
    She's Genes daughter! thats what it could be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

allanb49 wrote: »
    Could be, but i think she's going to have a much bigger role this season than in the other two,
    She's Genes daughter! thats what it could be

That could send it crashing into the story arc from the US Life On Mars....if that happens I will murder the writers and cast myself....no matter what year they are in.

That could send it crashing into the story arc from the US Life On Mars....if that happens I will murder the writers and cast myself....no matter what year they are in.

just after happening again
    Camera zooms in on Ray with life on mars playing
    mmmm intriguing!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So another "Life on Mars" moment, huh? First Shaz, then Ray. And based on the preview, we'll see Chris have one next week as well :/

Either they are all heavenly entities or they are aware they are fictional.Why else would a copper run into a burning building with 30 firemen 10 feet away.........oh and Andy didn't kill Saskia....the lad from the Ballet did it....but the tape got wiped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Well,
    Shaz saw the stars the Alex saw after her LOM moment
    . So I wonder if
    Ray will see the same, and if so does that mean they are all "back in time" but they didn't know it?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,839 ✭✭✭✭Basq

These first 3 episodes of the new season are honestly the best 'Ashes to Ashes' has been!

This season so far has been full of solid performances (Daniel Mays is fantastic, as was Dean Andrews this week), much better standard of Gene Hunt lines that we're used to in 'Ashes to Ashes', three genuinely interesting sub-plots so far, some dedicated exposure to some of the supporting characters and an overall air of mystery while simultaneously feeling the series is wrapping up with pieces slowly falling into place.

Fantastic stuff.. and this is from someone who wasn't a big fan of the first two seasons of 'Ashes To Ashes' - always thought it was a pale imitation to 'Life on Mars'.

They may have borrowed the score from Lost too.....great show though!!

i wonder did Sam become corrupt? Perhaps he betrayed the team. Ray and Sam never got on. maybe Ray or even Chris killed him and gene covered it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Teasey

What else was playing during Ray's LoM moment - could anybody catch it?

When it zoomed in on Shaz last week you could hear Nelson's voice in the background but I couldn't make out what was there when it happened to Ray - but there was definitely something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They made a boo-boo with Two Tribes, wasn't released until 1984 and this was June 83

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    They made a boo-boo with Two Tribes, wasn't released until 1984 and this was June 83

I doubt that was a booboo at this stage...I spotted a wispa on Shaz desk and went to the bother of googling it.....I reckon if ya do a bit of digging that track was on the radio at that time.....the makers are smart enough to cover such things.....and if not they'll explain it.

Sorry Mike:A version of "Two Tribes" was originally recorded for a BBC John Peel session in October 1982

Ashes to Ashes is smarter than you.

mike65 wrote: »

And another thing, the general election was held in June 1983 yet there is brown leaves everywhere when gene is driving the quattro to the hostage scene?! :D

And another thing, the general election was held in June 1983 yet there is brown leaves everywhere when gene is driving the quattro to the hostage scene?! :D

Global warming.

Global warming.

ha ha ha you wouldnt mind that was meant to be a roaster of a summer . i wouldnt know as i was only one month old in june 1983.

ha ha ha you wouldnt mind that was meant to be a roaster of a summer . i wouldnt know as i was only one month old in june 1983.
    I wa in North London trying to get Charlie Nicholas' autograph....it was definitely a hot summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

And according to Wikipieda the Audi Quttro is a 1983.

Good one tonight,wasn't the same as the other two in terms of finding out more about Sam.

Next week looks interisting :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭drive3331

Teasey wrote: »
    What else was playing during Ray's LoM moment - could anybody catch it?

When it zoomed in on Shaz last week you could hear Nelson's voice in the background but I couldn't make out what was there when it happened to Ray - but there was definitely something!

During Shaz's zoom
    you can hear someone who sounds like Nelson saying "Welcome" and laughing.
    During Ray's zoom
    you can hear someone who sounds like Nelson saying "Always open always open" and laughing.

drive3331 wrote: »
    During Shaz's zoom
    you can hear someone who sounds like Nelson saying "Welcome" and laughing.
    During Ray's zoom
    you can hear someone who sounds like Nelson saying "Always open always open" and laughing.

Another thing i notice, they have these moments right after Gene has given them praise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Nelson? <_<

• Advertisement

Nelson? <_<

Nelson was the bar owner in LOM in the railway arms pub where they used drink. You know the Rastafarian guy who used to give Sam regular pearls of wisdom?

Advertisement