Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC’s ‘Ashes to Ashes’

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Sidney77 wrote: »
    not yet, its on here in 2 weeks (NZ) looking forward to that since you suggest there is a twist of some sort,im sure it will have/had a different ending to the british one, being honest its not great but i did enjoy the irish episode with tyler pretending to be bono, were the episodes with colm meaney as gene hunt ever shown?

The pilot with Colm Meaney was shown. It was very poor.

If you have enjoyed, even remotely, the US remake of Life On Mars do not watch the last five minutes of the final episode.

It is the worst murdering of an idea I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

omahaid wrote: »
    Well, I enjoyed that episode. I'm glad that
    the supermac/corruption story arc is finished (well, I think it is)
    and we can concentrate on Alex's story. I do admit to missing Gene's humour from Life on Mars though, he's not as funny in this series :(

Good quote from him this week when he was briefing the troops before the raid:

"A quick word about police brutality............lots of it" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

So it appears hints to
    Ubik
    as the plotline in the latest episode. :/ Oh well, still better then the US plots conclusion of LOM.
    In case you don't know what Ubik is I recommend you read the book rather then telling you. Great sci-fi horror book ever.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I think A2A is just getting better and better with the new series. The pace is more taut, and the storylines are more absorbing. Police corruption and in house cliques were a huge issue in the 1980s that the Thatcher government tried to eliminate - quite successfully in fact and A2A is picking up on this issue in the new series.

Again, I think posters are being somewhat unfair to compare Alex in A2A to Sam in LoM. They are two completely different characters with the own unique foibles. Roll on the rest of A2A. I'm glued to the box every Monday from 9 to 10pm.:cool::)

Go Gene Genie and Bolly Knickers!:D

Excellent last night! The bit where he says to ray "fetch my search warrant" and ray comes out delighted with a crow bar was hillarious

Funnier still was bit in last weeks episode where the villain tells chris "he could have played for millwall", whilst pointing at a one legged villain beside him.

chris reply "He still could"

classic :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Sidney77

i agree, the last 2 episodes have been great with lots of twists, im still confident of a good ending, i think well see more twists, i think shell go home but like tyler will she want to come back,

opinions on American life on mars ending???? (crap)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

No!!! Chris!!! How could you!?!?!?!?!
    :D That was a cracker of an episode, best so far in season two. Only one more ep left, can they possibly resolve everything so quick in one episode? Will Alex and Gene be back for 1983?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Indeed who'd have thunk it? And the ultimate punnishment too!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Really playing catch-up on this.. haven't seen an episode since the second one of the season (I think).

Probably will just have a marathon when it's over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Next week episode is looking to be even a better one:):cool:

• Advertisement

I think she is too close to home for them to make a 3rd series, much as id love to see one, maybe theyll make one in the 90s, since dance music was v popular they could call it 'lets dance'

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

I think a third series has been all but confirmed.The creator has mentioned how he would like to do one and the ratings for the current series have been very good.

good stuff, same plot? 1983?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

I would assume so.Still the 80's anyway.Don't know if it will be '82 or '83.

There is no way they can wrap it all up in one hour next week. Gleneister said before the current series started that he would definitely do one more series which suggests the current series won't close the story.

I can't imagine at this stage that we will just see a rehash of LOM. The writers are,hopefully, smarter than that and we will get a jaw dropper in the next series.

Personally I think it will be that
    Gene Hunt and the lads are real, in some sense, and Alex/Sam are merely visitors......otherwise they cannot explain how storylines have deffered away from Alex.

Sam Tyler appeared in almost every scene of LOM implying everything was a creation of his imagination. This has not occured in Ashes to Ashes. I would hope that isn't down to lazy writing but rather a suggestion that she is not entirely in control of what is happening.......

There is no way they can wrap it all up in one hour next week. Gleneister said before the current series started that he would definitely do one more series which suggests the current series won't close the story.

if gene ever leaves the show for me its the end. he is fantastic.

I think alex could go back next week but a whole 3rd series could be based on her moral dilemma on whether to go back to 1982 or stay with her daughter. Adrian Dunbar has proven to be a great addition to the show in my opinion.

heres an idea for them, the year is 2009 and someone comes back from 20 years in the future,

just a thought

heres an idea for them, the year is 2009 and someone comes back from 20 years in the future,

just a thought

I wouldn't be too keen to buy that soundtrack :D

just a thought

I thought maybe put someone from the 80s/70s into the 60s.

I thought maybe put someone from the 80s/70s into the 60s.

like a young gene hunt

• Advertisement

Brilliant ending!

mike65 wrote: »
    Brilliant ending!

Feckers had me for a second, right up until
    Gene pops up on the monitor. So Alex is in a coma in 2008 and 1982 now :D

And
    we might find out what happens to Sam!!!!!!!!

Dont click unless you want a major spoiler!!
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5hk_CAlFTOgZev8hd97UxnxWgZWMQ

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Thoroughly enjoyed that! I knew they would have to pull something special after the LoM ending :D Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Didn't enjoy it as much as the ending to LOM, or series 1 of A2A at first. Will watch it again at the weekend. Without going into spoiler city there's a bit to work out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Good episode. Didn't expect
    to see her shot and then the surreal type ending...

Shaz wedding dress reminded me of the Ashes to Ashes Bowie vid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

mike65 wrote: »
    Shaz wedding dress reminded me of the Ashes to Ashes Bowie vid.

Yes big reference to that there. Not sure Ray and Gene would pass as new romantics but.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

awful

• Advertisement

It would have been a tidy ending if the BBC hadn't press released the green light on series 3....and that the next series will reveal all about who/why Gene Hunt is.......

Looking forward to next year. Now that Gene has finally acknowledged Summers it's also an agreement that he knows Alex is from the future.........the next series could be gravy baby......as long as Shaz gets shot.....preferably out of a cannon.

Advertisement