Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC’s ‘Ashes to Ashes’

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sleazus

I loved the ending. Bloody brilliant and
    Gene really was on every monitor - even the small ones - it was epic
    ). Though doesn't the ending remind you of John Simm's interpretation of the Life on Mars finale?
    That the 'real world' was a dream within a dream?

Anyway, not sure about the third season, as I quite liked that finale. Still, time will tell. The show's been improving since it got out of the gate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats the conundrum that series 3 will be based around I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

as long as Shaz gets shot.....preferably out of a cannon.

It looks like she already has been - launched face first into a wall.

Perhaps all of the characters were comatosed cops, robbers and peripherals, and Summers was the only other one realising what was actually going on.

Sidney77 wrote: »
    like a young gene hunt

to be honest i don't think there is another actor who could bring the screen presence to gene hunts character like philip glenister does but if they got the right actor it mightnt be a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

Great series finale I thought.Series 3 could be very interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Blarggggh

OK so missed out in the show , as I was busey studying for LC. Just caught up today. Fantastic ending. Im just wondering if anyone has any idea as to WHO or WHAT Gene Hunt is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Sidney77

to be honest i don't think there is another actor who could bring the screen presence to gene hunts character like philip glenister does but if they got the right actor it mightnt be a bad idea.

Michael Sheen could do it, he can play anybody, plus the fact that Glenister said he based his character on Clough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sleazus

Michael Sheen could do it, he can play anybody, plus the fact that Glenister said he based his character on Clough.

That could be great - but would Michael Sheen do it? He's a pretty big star and I reckon some due recognition is just around the corner.

Although he is apparently interested in playing Blofeld...

I have to say Michael Sheen is an excellent actor but two things

firstly, as above asked "would Michael Sheen go back to the small screen?"

Secondly Sheen, despite looking alot younger for his age, is only 6 years younger then glenister. Dean Lennox Kelly, or his brother Craig are two actors i had in mind as they have same hair colour, plus Mancunian accent. they could pull it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Seeing as no-one else has said it, am I the only one who got the feeling that
    the guy who orchestrated the gold job at the end, the rose guy who called himself Summers wasnt actually the older version of the Constable Summers who he shot, but the old version of Chris Skelton
    ? (or was this completely obvious to everyone else?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,471 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good theory.... definite similarities, and plausible considering what happened to him in the last couple of episodes.

Summers did have an Irish-ish accent though while Chris sounds very English.

and summers seemed intelligent whereas chris is a dumbass :D

true but a person and an accent can change over 27 years

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

and summers seemed intelligent whereas chris is a dumbass :D
    true but a person and an accent can change over 27 years

All very true :)

I just had the idea from what he said to Chris when he saw him during the heist (Here's a youtube clip, its at 8.44) and the scene where he died in Genes arms (Clip here, from about 2.05 onwards)

I have to say Michael Sheen is an excellent actor but two things

firstly, as above asked "would Michael Sheen go back to the small screen?"

Secondly Sheen, despite looking alot younger for his age, is only 6 years younger then glenister.

Although you are all probably right about Sheen it could also be argued that its too small a role for Harvey Kietel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Isnt their talk of a John Simm cameo in this series?

Theres talk but it hasnt been confirmed.I think I read somewhere that John Simm would only agree to have a cameo if it fitted in well with the plot,not just a random for the sake of it one.

One day later and the beeb have decided to move the start date forward from week starting 20th March. Booo :mad:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Starts on Good Friday in the traditional comedy slot. I think Fridays at nine is an odd choice, I dont believe it will get the ratings at that time.

Ya, Friday is an odd choice. They're not looking to be renewed, so dont think ratings matter...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

omahaid wrote: »
    Ya, Friday is an odd choice. They're not looking to be renewed, so dont think ratings matter...
    Well, the voice-over in the trailer above does say "...in the FINAL series..."

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

omahaid wrote: »

It's the BBC, it's entirely state funded, while ratings aren't entirely unimportant they don't matter like they do with commercial stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Oooh... Sam Tyler Mugshot at 00:19 in that trailer. With any luck, it'll lead to a decent finale.

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I can't wait to see this! Am I wrong and disturbed to secretly hope that Alex gets with Gene eventually risking leaving her child motherless in another time?:o

I love this show! cant wait for next week :) Just thinking, imagine an irish ashes to ashes? obviously you would have to have Brendan Gleeson in the Gene role if you could get him. him an Glenister are very similar i think. anyone else have opinions on this?

9pm tonight! Just a reminder to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,471 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Can't wait to see how they get out of last seasons cliffhanger.

Advertisement