Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC’s ‘Ashes to Ashes’

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bump reminder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I enjoyed that now, I must say. Really good!! Did
    Gene kill Sam? :eek:

Facinating stuff. Thats too obvious omahaid!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Exactly what I'm thinking omahaid... though probably a red herring.

As soon as Max confronted Gene, it was the first thing I thought.

Decent opener.. where have I seen the actor who plays Max before?

Ya, red herring alright. But I still have no idea what's going to happen :D Which isn't a bad thing

• Advertisement

basquille wrote: »
    Exactly what I'm thinking omahaid... though probably a red herring.

As soon as Max confronted Gene, it was the first thing I thought.

Decent opener.. where have I seen the actor who plays Max before?

Which one was Max? If you are thinking of the new copper DCI Jim Keats, thats Daniel Mays

Mr E wrote: »
    Can't wait to see how they get out of last seasons cliffhanger.

A bit stupid how she got out of the coma in 1983. Couldn't see
    Gene killing Sam
    myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

mike65 wrote: »
    Which one was Max? If you are thinking of the new copper DCI Jim Keats, thats Daniel Mays
    Sorry.. yeah, meant Jim. Don't know where I got Max from.

Ah.. recognised him from the Channel 4 series 'Plus One'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Good opener which is always obvious if it leaves you wanting more ...and it did.
    Have to wait a darn week now though. :( :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I'm in Oz at the moment and I need to see this.. What am I going to do :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

really enjoyed last night's show - KH gets on my wick, but I love Gene Hunt so much, I just about bear her...........looks like it's gonna be a good season, if last night is anything to go by

cjmcork wrote: »
    KH gets on my wick

i wouldnt half mind keeley getting on something belonging to me if you know what i mean ;)

she has an arse that just wont quit :cool:

she has an arse that just wont quit :cool:

LOL, legs too! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I liked the first episode, a lot more engaging then SE2, and I could already see myself buying SE3 on DVD which I didn't with SE2...felt that was piss poor and went nowhere really

omahaid wrote: »
    LOL, legs too! ;)

Matthew Mcfadyen is a lucky man!

Anyone see Labours psoter campaign against the David Cameron and the Tories? LOL!, Very clever but in a weird way it actually helps the Tories. This is not off topic trust me.

Here it is

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Matthew Mcfadyen is a lucky man!

Anyone see Labours psoter campaign against the David Cameron and the Tories? LOL!, Very clever but in a weird way it actually helps the Tories. This is not off topic trust me.

Here it is

Yea - but the Tories hit back within just four hours with their own version LOL
    Here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1263244/Cameron-80s-TV-cop-Gene-Hunt-new-Labour-campaign-poster.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

i liked it is it not two weeks cause of the masters this week?

Golf on Two Ashes on One

quote of the week last week "Ray if ever you ever come in dressed like a Maths teacher again, ill paint your balls the colour of hazelnuts and tell the squirrels, that winters coming". where does he get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

mike65 wrote: »
    Golf on Two Ashes on One

Woo, thought that the girl said at the end ashes to ashes will return in a fortnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

allanb49 wrote: »
    Woo, thought that the girl said at the end ashes to ashes will return in a fortnight

I think thats true if you watch it on BBC 1 HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

class opening scene - reminiscent (sp?) of the plasticine opening in LoM

Crackin episode, best in a while!!! :D

omahaid wrote: »
    Crackin episode, best in a while!!! :D

Who is this guy who looks like 2-face from Batman that keeps appearing in Alex visions?
    Quite honestly i don't think Gene killed Sam. The uptown girl skit was fair funny

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Is it all gonna go totally biblical?It feels that way.....great episode....Shaz has been a paper character but they gave her something to work with tonight......and John Simm has definitely got to make an appearance before the end....it's all pointing to Sam.

No way did Gene kill Sam. Liked the LOM touches, heard Bowie's "Life on mars" at least once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Am I right in saying that at the end I heard David Bowie - Life on Mars when the camara zoomed in on Shaz?

Brilliant episode,to be honest I can't see it being Gene that killed Sam myself.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Has Alex ever considered the obvious if she is curious about Sam? Speaking to Annie.

iguana wrote: »
    Has Alex ever considered the obvious if she is curious about Sam? Speaking to Annie.

Thats so obvious, even I didn't think of it :D

• Advertisement

mle1324 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that at the end I heard David Bowie - Life on Mars when the camara zoomed in on Shaz?

Brilliant episode,to be honest I can't see it being Gene that killed Sam myself.

That was a weird moment. i thought it was going to be like that moment Alex found out her father killed her mother and tried to kill her too, and then turned into the Pierrot Clown by the way the camera zoomed in. Whats the significance of Life on Mars playing at that moment i wonder? does Shaz know more then shes letting on, but then again Sam "died" in Manchester didnt he?

Id wonder will they bring Annie into the show? Would be great if they brought Nelson the barman back too

Advertisement