Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easterly Blast Part III(potential snow for east)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭ViDuchie

Lashing down in Drogheda.

http://193.120.94.254:47503/view/index.shtml

Well from what the webcam shows. Doesn't look too sticky

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

If you look at the UKMO radar over the last couple of hours, the area of ppn is making no progress north but is edging south.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

big clearence here now sky almost full blue but there is a big shower clipping to my south, it cud be heading towards the blanch area

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is the weather due to stay like this for the next few days or is it just a small cold snap?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Is the weather due to stay like this for the next few days or is it just a small cold snap?

Should be or is forecast to be back to wet, windy and mild tomorrow but looking colder again next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

ViDuchie wrote: »
    Lashing down in Drogheda.

http://193.120.94.254:47503/view/index.shtml

Well from what the webcam shows. Doesn't look too sticky

Any stills from the webcam? The port 47503 is blocked here.

In Drog today meself, good heavy shower falling still like you say. Only sticking to the parked cars at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Another shower moving in here from the NE, snowing again and the temp has dropped quite a bit to 0.3c

Snowbie wrote: »
    Has been snowing here for the last 10mins,heavy spurts and its sticking on the decking anyhow,now back to the window.
    Quick close all south facing windows I hear Gerry murphy is on the roof at glasnevin with a diesel motored flame torch...:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Snowbie if you look to the east I see an organised band of showers, or one big shower. Can you see the same thing or is that your shower?Cause its heading my direction which ever it is. Looks snowy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

First couple of flakes landed here in D8...and as quick its stopped

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just getting the very edge of a shower thats clipping to my south, large blue area to my north and east. 0C with lying snow and water droplets starting to freeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yes looks snowy to my east, although perhaps a tad south of me.

Here comes the snow, lets hope shes a good'un

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

its about to lash snow Citywest area

Didly squat came of it.

I cant make out the cloud from the sky in the east now, too dark, this is where the lampost come in to use!!!

Well at least you are getting something :)

Nothing here and no prospect of anything.
    Closing the case book on this one down here.
    Have fun up north!

Well at least you are getting something :)

Nothing here and no prospect of anything.
    Closing the case book on this one down here.
    Have fun up north!

GFS thinks ya might get something, be it light, but still it's not like were forecast a blizzard!

Rtavn124.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Finally we should get some heavy stuff here in N Dublin in the next 20mins

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

You'll be eating that hat Black Briar I won't see a flake between Wicklow and Carlow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Was/is snowing in D15, but dying down now..there've always been fairly large breaks in the cloud, so all these showers have been pretty short lived here.

On the plus side, though, it did look more "snowy" than previous showers..even if the flakes weren't very big.

• Advertisement

There are some beefy looking things out there.

If only we could swing the wind to NE, we'd be away!

Well I suppose thats encouraging,they are usually spot on within 6 to 12hrs.

But really the signs arent there I think.

Pity because the dp and air temps are perfect!

I have to drive to the whest tomorrow so I'll be on the m50 and down the N4/M4-might see something transitional on route but It should be rain alas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

We're in the middle of that yellow blob:D

Been snowing here since 15:15 with a 10 minute break. There's now a centimetre on the driveway. Was very heavy at times, pretty much a blizzard but right now it's moderate.

LookingFor wrote: »
    Was/is snowing in D15, but dying down now..there've always been fairly large breaks in the cloud, so all these showers have been pretty short lived here.

On the plus side, though, it did look more "snowy" than previous showers..even if the flakes weren't very big.
    Radar over plays snow though.
    Brighter echoes when it is snow dont necessarally mean the same as when it's rain.
    It also gets caught out with stuff that doesnt make it to the ground so the radar makes it look like theres more there than there is.

Wind has been NE here all day by the way and the temp rock solid shy of 2.5c.

Thank god for last minute upgrades eh, look how far the -8c line ended up going.

gfs-1-6.png?12

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

@ 16:00 ...

MULLINGAR (p) - SNOW SHOWER 1oC

Is this the snow shower Snowbie? Im getting a couple of flakes but isnt kicking off...

showery here again but its fine hail instead of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

lol,looks as if it went north and broke up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭ViDuchie

drogheda webcam now showing nice snow sticking to ground

Advertisement