Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easterly Blast Part III(potential snow for east)

Options

Comments

Beefy shower to my north now, just a few miles up the road.

Dark clouds to the east also.
    Yeah its growing.
    Think of it like a great white bear extending it's arms.
    It should be hugging you and snowbie shortly I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Snowbie wrote: »
    The southern flank of the heavier stuff is around Skerries moving west,the odd light flurry here but there is signs of a shift to the south with this.
    A heavier snow shower now but not lasting for long.

Check my post above to see how close t is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Much heavier now- bigger flakes.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Nope i put the end of it on top of my house because i know i wont be getting 5cm's!! (reverse pyschology!)

That's fair enough I suppose! Lovely clear blue skies here now - aaaaaaaghhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Wind seems to have swung around to a more NE'ly direction with me, from a ESE direction earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

It has gotton very dark here in Swords now. Skies look a very dark grey colour.

Snow is heavy enough now(but mainly small flakes)- really been blown around by the wind, sticking to the grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Its snowing in Mullingar ATM and the snowflakes are getting larger.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Bah, the showers keep rolling to my north!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Im even closer - missing out by a mile or 2 - errrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Sitting here in blanch corporate park looking out the window and that cloud looks very daunting indeed. There was a very light spinkle of a snow shower earlier but nothing to write home about. The buildings are lit up by the sun to the backdrop of an eerily gloomy skyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Some better flakes there, light shower.

Man it's flippin cold out there:eek::D

It's still snowing moderately here and can't see any breaks in the clkoud but the flakes need to be bigger for any kind of accumulation.:)

Meteireann have extended their forecast of "falls of snow in Ulster" to include north leinster tonight too:D

Snow has eased off now and I see a big break in the clouds to my north.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

had a really good snow shower, clearing up now and managed to take a few pics!

DSCN3547.jpg

DSCN3545.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭repr

Grrr all the showers are south of here and to the north of Dublin. Typical :D

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4337/nnnnnnnnnnnnpj2.png

A heavier snow shower there, started to stick!

Headed for Dublin City!

Went to my south!! Not my north byt south!

Here it didn't stick to the cars as much as it did with Gonzo-must have gotten the heavier end of the shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Hello everyone!!! :D

The sky is dark everywhere I look. Just got home 10 minutes ago, and a very hefty graupel shower which turned to snow flakes proper hit us just outside Drogheda.

The snow account for 2008 has been opened with white roads and a pleasant dusting on the grass and trees.

I'll upload a pic sometime this evening. It seems the Dubs are being quite frustrated by the radar!! Gerry Murphy mightn't have to blowtorch flakes from the top of the met pyramid building, but they did have to change their forecast to falls of snow for northeast leinster:D:p

Update: I had a lookaround outside and it seems that snow has properly stuck at the high ground along the N2 north of Slane. The snow is starting to fall again, lightly at the moment.

repr wrote: »
    Grrr all the showers are south of here and to the north of Dublin. Typical :D

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4337/nnnnnnnnnnnnpj2.png
    I dont think the images on NW every 15 minutes are accurate- it always shows anaprop. To compare just click back 5 mins previously (15:10) and see how much of it disappears.

Absolute fupp all here atm and im in between WC and RC! lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭repr

rc28 wrote: »
    I dont think the images on NW every 15 minutes are accurate- it always shows anaprop. To compare just click back 5 mins previously (15:10) and see how much of it disappears.

Agh ur right must be overdoing the precip

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Gerry Murphy mightn't have to blowtorch flakes from the top of the met pyramid building

Gerry would want to keep his blowtorch in one hand and his lighter in the other. :D

Wind is still easterly here but clouds are now definitely moving in a north-east/south-west direction now here and with the sun now setting temps. are starting to drop again. Large wall of fluffy darkness to my north now (probably more snow grains!).

Work has had to be abandonned now for the day due to snow (or threat of) :D

Good news for all you north Dubs - the gap is closing and if I take a peek out my window there looks to be a fairly good looking bunch of showers heading my direction like a vindictive finger :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Dundrum is getting very dark too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭arctictree

Don't forget us in North Wicklow!!

Latest precip on the radar could just about clip us!!

Its 0.9c here with a DP of -4.0. Perfect - if it would only just arrive!

A

Showers are forecast to really pep up this evening, especially across easterm Ulster, i wonder will they materialise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Has been snowing here for the last 10mins,heavy spurts and its sticking on the decking anyhow,now back to the window.

Advertisement