Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easterly Blast Part III(potential snow for east)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

However the showers that are there have turn more beefy, and they look like much better cells on the satellite,

Hitting Meath, Louth coasts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

its been snowing here on and off for the past 30 minutes, mostly very light, if only we could get some heavy stuff coz the chances of it sticking are very good.

Not far from Casement, tiny flakes coming down at the moment, very light not sticking needs to be heavier.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Weather BOFH

@ 13:00 :

Casement : Snow Shower

Dublin Airport : Snow Shower

I can confirm that for Casement, was at home for lunch and there was a very light snow shower for maybe 25 mins out here.

Temp was up to 4C but back down to 3C in the shower, DP -2.1C

• Registered Users Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭arctictree

Hey Black Briar - radar now showing precip hitting the wexford coast! Looks like Wicklow is being bypassed!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Very very heavy snow shower in Dundalk right now....sticking, blowing sideways on the easterly. More or less whiteout conditions. I'll see if I can grab some pics...

[edit] Yeah pics not showing up the falling stuff and most of it on the ground is turning to wet and puddles. If it keeps up I expect that to change. Sticking on grass and car roofs though

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I'm in Letterkenny and while it is cold, the sky is blue and the sun is shining. :mad:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Hint of a snow flurry here about an hour ago - about 9 small flakes I would estimate! :rolleyes: Clouds are starting to look a little thin to the east! :confused:

Ha - another 5 or 6 snow grains now!!!

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Hint of a snow flurry here about an hour ago - about 9 small flakes I would estimate! :rolleyes: Clouds are starting to look a little thin to the east! :confused:

The showers are becoming more individual now, note a chaotic as earlier, they are becoming more intense.

We need the wind to swing more NE, which is expected to happen this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ryanoneill2006

Nothing so far in Shankill today. Anybody know if that might change judging by the latest radar. Looks like all the activity is further North. Any idea if that might change? I need some snow!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

HEAVY SNOW falling outside now!!!! ground turning white:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Stop your gloating.

Bastids.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭crushproof

sun shining in Dun Laoghaire.....I want snow!!

Gonzo wrote: »
    HEAVY SNOW falling outside now!!!! ground turning white:D

Yep some fine showers going now to my north.

There is a section from north louth to south meath in the firing line.

Again i is to far south for now!

Some nice cells though.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Was heavy enough around Navan 20 minutes ago with it sticking out by the mines.

stopped now again but looks like another one is coming. unfortunately I think the snow line is moving north and I am at the very southern end of it so Ive a feeling my luck will run out very soon unless we get a more northerly track to the wind.

The showers are becoming more individual now, note a chaotic as earlier, they are becoming more intense.

We need the wind to swing more NE, which is expected to happen this evening.
    Theres a new mini vortex north of you.
    There could be fair falls around meath and louth and Dublin from that!

Down here turning dark but nothing yet from those radar echoes off wicklow and wexford.
    I suppose it's encouraging to see them as they've come out of nowhere but I aint counting chickens!

Gonzo wrote: »
    stopped now again but looks like another one is coming. unfortunately I think the snow line is moving north and I am at the very southern end of it so Ive a feeling my luck will run out very soon unless we get a more northerly track to the wind.
    As I said,it looks like a mini vortex ie a shallow low has formed.
    If so that will circulate so as you had a heavy shower from it already,you should have more if as I think it is circulating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

I'm a couple of miles away from Gonzo and over the last hour we've had about 3 moderate snow showers- one of them was quite heavy with large snowflakes and it did stick for a time but unfortunately the shower didn't last more than 10 minutes. 1.7c here and snowing moderately again but small flakes/pellets
    Edit-stopped again but looks dark to my NE.
    viewimage.pl.png

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

That big blob in the Irish Sea has really got itself organised now! Comparing the 2.00 and 2.30 radar there would appear to be very small shift soutwards??? Certainly did not move north anyway. Maybe there is some hope.

More snow grains here at the moment - again you could count them in single figures. The desperation of it all! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

snow7.jpg

oooooooooooo! Won't happen here.

Mike.

Starting to snow again and its gone very dark, have to put lights on

My thoughts in picture as things start to kick off.

irelandmap001mh1.jpg

Beefy shower to my north now, just a few miles up the road.

Dark clouds to the east also.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

There was very light snow at the blanchardstown centre at lunchtime (about 1PM), nice and clear out now...will the snow come back??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Starting to snow again, as Gonzo said it's getting darker too:D

WC - could you please push that red line down to cover south Dublin. Thanks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

The southern flank of the heavier stuff is around Skerries moving west,the odd light flurry here but there is signs of a shift to the south with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

It's been snowing here all morning, the car outside is covered but it doesn't look like it'll stick

• Advertisement

DOCARCH wrote: »
    WC - could you please push that red line down to cover south Dublin. Thanks. :D

Nope i put the end of it on top of my house because i know i wont be getting 5cm's!! (reverse pyschology!)

Advertisement