Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easterly Blast Part III(potential snow for east)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

all this snow talk is getting me down now...nothing but bitter cold here...i want snow too.:(:(

@ 16:00 ...

MULLINGAR (p) - SNOW SHOWER 1oC
    Yeah the precip belt is heading west-that much is obvious from both the radar and the sat pic.

The GFS suggest this is going to go on for a good few hours yet with the belt moving down into wicklow a bit and light activity down the coast and inland 30 miles from wexford.

We'll see.

Back later folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yea its cloudy here but just a few flakes in the wind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Just back from the seafront in Blackrock....ominous looking clouds to the NE of the cooley mountains, with that browny orange colour I always associated with heavy snow clouds; monster of a flat top cloud down overbaltray direction, probably the shower in Drogheda. Ground is very wet here though....take a lot for stuff to stick unless the wetness freezes first in which case, makes for poor driving conditions here tonight/tomorrow.

BTW wind here I'm pretty sure is now coming from a ENE direction (compass in the car), but cloud seemed to be moving in more from a NE direction.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Just had that snow shower. Nothing spectacular a couple of moderate bursts but hopefully more on the way before the wind switches direction later in the night.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the activity has died down alot here over past hour with just a few flakes in the wind and the odd bit of fine hail. Hopefully something more intense soon.

The cloud has cleared.

An a amazing looking white cloud to my east.

Looks like shower, gonna check it out more.

Its almost dark here.

Something much more intense looking heading here now with anvil style top. Damn it with the sun going down its going to difficult to tell from now on.

May be just too far north but its hard to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Just had a heavy snow shower and has stuck,took a couple of snaps will upload later.Radar is playin tricks on us here and is coming down heavy again now.

darkman2 wrote: »
    Something much more intense looking heading here now with anvil style top. Damn it with the sun going down its going to difficult to tell from now on.

Pretty sure that's what I saw over Baltray/Clogherhead. Fuzzy topped anvil.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Bone dry
    +3C,
    DP -4C

Wind now just a light breeze and it's quite pleasant out.

Not expecting any precipitation, though at least with the lighter wind, perhaps that'll allow a light shower to form.

That looks juicy but it is too far north.

Due NE from my location.

Yes Darkman.

Its a juicy looking thing, but i reckon it will just slide to my north.

Nice ey candy though.

Lovely looking clouds in the last of the daylight, huge white topped clouds.

Im gonna get that shower - or rather nick the edge of it. Remember the radar suposedly not showing properly east of Dublin we wont know after nightfall.

Im gonna get that shower - or rather nick the edge of it. Remember the radar suposedly not showing properly east of Dublin we wont know after nightfall.

Yep im beginning to think i might grab a slice too, looks nice.

Fuppin hell this looks like its either going to be a minor blizzard or a hail fest:eek: Looks really intense. Its actually heading straight for me. The wind has gone more NE now.

Fuppin hell this looks like its either going to be a minor blizzard or a hail fest:eek: Looks really intense. Its actually heading straight for me. The wind has gone more NE now.

Yea its looking juicy!!!

Bets that it misses us!!

WC this is literally gonna hit me head on - it cant be that far away from you;)

Wind definately more NE.

Think its gonna miss now tbh.

Is it just me or did it disappear?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

What are ye lads looking at? A radar site? cant see much from met.ie

Darkman are you out playing in the snow while i sit here with not a flake!!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Flipin hell we need that to turn more ne and pull down south a little. Then all of dublin and wicklow will get a hammering.

http://www.meteox.com/gmap.aspx?zoom=5&lat=52.908902047770255&lon=-1.845703125

Click this link for Radar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

sirpsycho wrote: »
    What are ye lads looking at? A radar site? cant see much from met.ie

Try this one, its a bit better that Met Eireann:
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

The red glows to my north are enough to tell me where it went!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

RECENT SNOW 1° @ DUBLIN AIRPORT as of 17:00

N3 Kells -0.1° Road State : Snow as of 16:52

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Oi! Hands off my snow clouds!! Naturally enough I think the weather is doing a perfect job for now. We have about 1.5 cm to show for it so far, with a covering of white pretty much everywhere:D

I've already had to sweep out around the back door and the shed door, which is closed off except to the NE and traps a lot of snow.

Praised be to the cretins in Louth Co. Co. for not gritting a single road that I came across in south louth, including the main northern road out of Drogheda:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Over the next 12 hours a small low or trough will form right over the east coast over dublin wicklow kildare louth. It will hopefully ignite a good snow fall.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=charts;type=gfsh500;sess=

Saw the gritter truck (note lack of plural) driving around Dundalk earlier. Wasn't gritting though. Much better to wait for a good layer of ice to form eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dink

Duleek, Co. Meath is just a lovely Winter Wonderland at the moment!! Been coming down steadily now since 5pm.

:)

Advertisement