Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easterly Blast Part III(potential snow for east)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

The red glows to my north are enough to tell me where it went!

I dont know what happened there. One minute it was right there coming directly for me and then cloud was over me - and - nothing - except a bit of sleet. Must surely be effecting futher North and Northwest otherwisse it just disappeared.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

I think the chances of snow are excellent for the Dublin Wicklow regions tonight.

How do I know??

Well up till last Winter I was an avid reader of the Weather Forum, wishing, praying, begging for snow.....so of course we rarely got any.

This year I bought a big ass Telescope and want some clear skies to actually use the bloody thing. The rest of the country is clear tonight. I want it to be clear tonight on the East Coast. So what will I get??? Why clouds and snow instead of course.

As far as weather is concerned, reverse psychology works wonders!! :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Gonzo wrote: »
    the activity has died down alot here over past hour with just a few flakes in the wind and the odd bit of fine hail. Hopefully something more intense soon.

Im about 2 miles south east of you so we managed to get the northern edge of some heavy-ish snow showers, the fields are now white. The flakes did get quite small at times- like hail almost. Before the light dissappeared completely I saw plenty of very heavy looking anvil heads to the north east (hopefully something heavier later). The radar is pretty useless today TBH, i know someone in Mullingar who says the fields are white from snow too. It's 0c now and the snow is still on the lawn/cars/rooves. Any water from melted snow is now freezing, the roads will be tricky tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Me thinks i have to go out and drive 3 miles up the road to catch a bit of snow or the more prolonged stuff that there getting up there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Snow falling heavy enough in Blanchardstwon corporate park. Sticking to the tops of cars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭repr

Just had my first light snow/dandruff flurry of the day. Hopefully the showers will become more potent later.
    Looks like some people have had a good covering today

Slaanesh wrote: »
    Snow falling heavy enough in Blanchardstwon corporate park. Sticking to the tops of cars.

So thats where it went:rolleyes:

OMG MASSIVE FORK OF LIGHTNING! Huge crash of thunder!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

MET forecast @ 16:00
    Bitterly cold tonight with a severe frost, and some icy roads. Freezing fog in places also. Snow showers, mainly over Ulster and north Leinster, but many areas dry. Winds continuing to moderate, with lowest temperatures of 0 C to minus 6 C.
    Frost, fog and icy patches will gradually clear during the morning, as wet and windy weather sweeps across the country from the Atlantic. Rain will be heavy, and may be preceded by sleet or snow for a time in parts of the midlands, north and west. Clearer showery conditions will follow later, with winds moderating. Temperatures eventually rising to between 5 C and 10 C, mildest in the south.

rc28 wrote: »

I just heard it lol!

That was my fuppin shower:mad::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Have had nothing for the past hour or so now.

Getting a tad disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭arctictree

rc28 wrote: »

Thundersnow?? You lucky lucky b**trd !!

Thats what i heard!

Was wondering what it was! 2 bangs i heard.

Damn then Darkman, damn them!!:D

It's not snowing here anymore but there must be a signifigant shower to my east to be producing that. The thunder was scarily loud.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Very heavy sleet here now, sticking to roads outside. Can hear the sleet hitting the window.

Damn then Darkman, damn them!!:D

Indeed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

i saw that lightning too, it looked to my south west tho towards blanch, as for here nothing for past 2 hours or more and clear skys overhead.

I can see from hte ukmo radar that im in a narrow long line of clear weather with loads of showers to my north and loads just to the south of me:( looks like i may not get anything for ages

Wertz wrote: »
    Very heavy sleet here now, sticking to roads outside. Can hear the sleet hitting the window.

Where is that Wertz?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

Some snow in blanchardstown....it got heavier since i took these out my window....

snow1.jpg
    snow2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Winds seem to have switched to NE now, I'm showing NNE.
    http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

Any chance of that big 'blob'(for the want of a better word) in the north east moving into the midlands?

Just hit -1c here and DP of -3.8c.......I'm ripe for snow! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Dundalk. Roads round our estate now showing tyre marks and icing up again fairly sharpish. When that crap freezes it'll put the Icedome out of business :D

A shower moving in here now. Cant say it will be heavy or not as I cant see:D

Latest radar capture-viewimage.pl2.png

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I want to know where my blob is??? :D

All I can see is bright orange cloud to the north of me - fairly clear to the south.

darkman2 wrote: »
    A shower moving in here now. Cant say it will be heavy or not as I cant see:D

Yea i see the orange glow too cant say i am expecting anything after the last one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Snowing very heavily in Ardee, Co. Louth. It is sticking to the ground and is like a blizzard!!! Will take pics and upload when I find my camera :)

Just had a short sleet and snow shower but the heaviest ive seen all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Showers appear to be much heavier now than earlier. Are they forecast to come further South? Ulster, Louth and Meath seem to be getting a real pasting.

Nothing again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

darkman2 wrote: »
    Just had a short sleet and snow shower but the heaviest ive seen all day.

Can you see any potential in it coming slightly south? To hit dublin and wicklow.

Or renewed showers coming in off the irish sea?

What about tomorrow when we have the mild clash with the cold.....?

Advertisement