Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easterly Blast Part III(potential snow for east)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

It has started snowing here now. When it turns to rain there's going to be huge amounts of thawing, maybe some minor flooding?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yes Flooding is a risk rc28 depending on how quick the thaw happens and how much rain is leftin that front.

Will Kippure and other high ground get up to mild temps or will that rain band continue to fall as snow up there?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Actually sleety/rainy here with temp. of +0.9c. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

Limerick:: Snow is all gone now here.Snow stayed on the ground for about 2hrs before mild air and rain moved in. lashing now.
    i have posted some pics in the picture forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Turned to sleety rain in Galway now too. Getting windy as well. What's on the ground won't last long in this rain.

Snow is getting heavier but unfortunately the temperature is rising rapidly, now -0.8c from -1.5c an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

We had a small bit of a snow shower this morning at 7 am, but it only lasted for around 20 mins, and gave way to rain, whih has been getting heavier all morning. It is a complete downpour out at the moment, and getting the odd bit of thunder and lighning.
    The most recent lightning strike was very close, and the soundwave off it was immense. The whole building shook as it rumbled through, very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

rc28 wrote: »
    Snow is getting heavier but unfortunately the temperature is rising rapidly, now -0.8c from -1.5c an hour ago.

exact same thing happened here, temp rose from -1.5 to +1 in a very short space of time. Now heavy rain. Enjoy while you can!:p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

snowing here now, i suspect it will be rain within the next 30-60 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

rain sweeping through North Tipp clearing snow. Snow on ground still Templemore/Roscrea area, heavy rain in Nenagh clearing everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Still nothing as yet.Another trip me thinks.:D Should reach here soon
    Temp 1c and steady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Light covering, almost stopped snowing, never more than light.
    Temp 0.3C and steady, though DP has risen to -1.3C

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭arctictree

Broadband is just back!! Snowing heavily here - Temp of -0.4c

Website should be back up in a minute...

A

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snowbie wrote: »
    Still nothing as yet.Another trip me thinks.:D Should reach here soon
    Temp 1c and steady

Hope you have better luck!

Lookiing at the radar the first band of ppn seemed to split up and missed me basically (except for a little snowy/sleety/rainy stuff but not even enough to wet the ground).

Temp. now +2.0c and rising fairly fast! :mad:

Looking forward to a wet day now!

It is raining now and +2.7c What the feck!!!!

Mothman, arctictree Will it stay up Kippure even when the mildest weather hits?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭arctictree

Villain wrote: »
    Mothman, arctictree Will it stay up Kippure even when the mildest weather hits?

It all depends. If it keeps snowing hard and the temps stay low then we could get quite a lot. Temp now is steady at -0.4 which is a good sign.

keep an eye on my website for temps and snow cover:

http://www.roundwoodweather.com/

BTW - Low of -5.8 overnight!

A

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Pappacharlie

Still snowing heavily here. I would say about two inches. Quite windy with some drifting in exposed areas. I will let you know when it turns to rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Temp 0.4C, DP -1C, but its now raining.

Was frozen rain for about 10 minutes.

Already a slight thaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Raining here now :( temp risen to 1.3c and DP of 0.4c. Ah well, I got to make a snowman anyway, allbeit a small one :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very light snow here and its looking like wet snow now, turnin g to sleet now i reckon. Feeling much milder outside already. The main band on the radar is all heavy rain id say and will hit us within the hour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Temp now risen quickly to 1.2. Some very light sleety stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

It's just starting to snow now in Letterkenny. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭squonk

very light sleety rain just starting in Skerries here. Pretty much what we got last ngiht as well.

Snowing lightly, temp is 0.0c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Light to moderate snow here(Kippure) since 10 o clock. A few cm's accumulated but it seems to be starting to melt off some surfaces. No really heavy stuff yet.

Still snowing away here. Flakes got bigger for a while but returned to nice dry snow in the last few minutes. Still no sign of rain or sleet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭squonk

10 mins of sleety rain in Skerries before it turned into just rain and looks like your average crap rainy winter day out there. Bit of a breeze starting to rise in the past 10 mins and seems to have started to really get going over the last two!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Ba_barbaraAnne

What are the roads like in Castlebar? I've cancelled a trip over there just in case they get really bad after dark. Snow turning to sleet in Murrisk

• Advertisement

Why did Met Eireann get it wrong for so long? Anyone who has been watching this thread over the last week is not surprised by todays snow. The Met people seem to have a difficulty with the s word!!
    Gritters only commenced here about an hour ago. Road conditions are very dangerous in Mayo now.

Advertisement