Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easterly Blast Part III(potential snow for east)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

Snowing like MAD in Limerick, same as Galway, bucketing down , alomost a blizzard out there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Get your camera's out lads it won't last long.

Villain wrote: »
    Get your camera's out lads it won't last long.

i had a feeling that, temp is at -1.5 atm but rising slowly

By the time that front has passed it will be around 6c or 8c

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭slayer91

Woke this morning to large blanket of snow. Still snowing but beginning to see increase in temp. Check out my web cam pics on quinweather.com

Regs

LiamK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Now light rain. Lot warmer too.

still snowing here,
    sensor showing -1.6

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Few mins ago

snow3m.jpg

Seven Worlds will Collide

Nice to see a car with 08 getting covered in snow, just the start of a very good and snowy winter hopefully

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Hope the snow makes even a brief visit over this way for us poor souls who recieved nothing yesterday! :D

That front is moving very quickly. Temp. here has risen from -2.4c to -0.8c in the last hour so it will be touch and go.

• Advertisement

I think it will be rain by the time it gets to you Docarch!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

We have a light covering of snow here in Donegal.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Villain wrote: »
    I think it will be rain by the time it gets to you Docarch!

Knowing my luck your probably right - may just have to take trip up Dublin Mountains this morning for a 'meeting' :p

Be quick, snow nearly all melted here, in the space of an hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Still subzero here -0.7c,not heating up too quick either

It's going to get very interesting indeed.
    The air temp at enniscorthy is -4c and the precip is getting very near!
    Temps all along the east coast are well below freezing with no wind yet and sub zero dewpoints.
    That front will have to bring a period of heavy snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Nothing here yet, despite radar. Mist. -2c. Can see the upper air clouds zooming NE wards despite near calm conditions on the ground.

Snowbie wrote: »
    Still subzero here -0.7c,not heating up too quick either

Yeah - its holding its own here at the same temp wth 100% cloud cover. Weather moving very fast, when I got up this morning (6.30) it was absolutely clear and stary. As the cloud rolled in got some amazing pics of the sunrise and orange sky. Now dull and overcast. Just up to -0.6c as I write.

I hope this does whatever its going to do quickly - got no real work done yesterday (and nothing to show fro it in the end with the exception of a couple of snow flakes!) - really have to do some work today. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Snowing! and sticking. Heavy snow too. -1.9c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Yes a great orange sky earlier.

The radar seems to be overplaying the precip hugely.

Anyway, I'm looking towards west for snow. Being on east coast, there is quite a bit of irony in that.

I'm expecting to tick today as a snow/sleet day

Air min -3.1C
    Grass -9.6C

Still sub zero now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Darwin

Snowing here too, had a brief flurry last night, beginning to pelt down now

Mothman wrote: »

The radar seems to be overplaying the precip hugely.

I was just going to post about that - I thought the radar was out of sync or something. It was showing heavy ppn earlier over Belmullet and Konck but reports for the same time were not giving any ppn? Is it the snow bouncing back false or exaggerated echos?

Can anyone report what the temp is doing when the precipitation arrives.

Is it dragging cold air down for a while, or does it rise.

-0.6C
    DP -3.3C

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Ba_barbaraAnne

Lashing snow in West Mayo!!!

Can anyone report what the temp is doing when the precipitation arrives.

Is it dragging cold air down for a while, or does it rise.

-0.6C
    DP -3.3C

3c rise in the space of an hour here this morning from -2 to 1 when the rain hit.(8am)

Has now stopped raining & is sitting at 1.

Wind has changed back to an easterly.

Still a little snow left on the floor.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I was just going to post about that - I thought the radar was out of sync or something. It was showing heavy ppn earlier over Belmullet and Konck but reports for the same time were not giving any ppn? Is it the snow bouncing back false or exaggerated echos?

Snow does that.

I'm looking towards the 9am reports as the 8am reports were nothing more than a trace aprt from Valentia

0.1 now, rapid temp rise

Snow does that.

I'm looking towards the 9am reports as the 8am reports were nothing more than a trace aprt from Valentia

Thought so.

We or I will probably end up like poor Cork - temp. rose very quickly to +4.0c with light rain.

Temp. here -0.4c with DP of -1.4c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

We (in Lecanvey, half-way between Westport and Louisburgh) have had a complete blizzard blowing down (from south to north) from the Reek (Croagh Patrick) into Clew Bay. Been blowing at least for the past half hour. It is 09:25.

• Advertisement

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Thought so.

Of course, the synop reports are automatically generated, and if snow is in the gauge, it won't report, so that may explain the low precipitation figures.

Temp has levelled.

-0.5C
    DP -3.4C

Advertisement