Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easterly Blast Part III(potential snow for east)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Just looking out my office window in Letterkenny and it would appear that a huge shower is on the way. :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sleet reported at Knock AP at -3.0c :eek: Just goes to show!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Pappacharlie

Just to let you know that it is snowing heavily in my location. This is the real thing nice dry sugar like snow. I assume it will turn to rain eventually!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Snow all gone, moderate rain +3c, Southerly 20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Mothman wrote: »
    Can anyone report what the temp is doing when the precipitation arrives.

Is it dragging cold air down for a while, or does it rise.

-0.6C
    DP -3.3C
    I think the mild air is right in across us atm at height with cold low level air still present.It be like a wall of mild air that will push the cold air out over the sea quickly following

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Snowing heavily in KK city now - about 2 cm on the ground. Started 09.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Not very scientific but it was showing -1 in my car when it starting snowing a few miles from kilkenny at about 9:15 and still is snowing quite steadly..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Well it's still going in Galway but going a bit sleety. A bit slippy on the untreated streets.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

beautifull morning here to see the snow that fell in all its glory, however its thawing and I expect a mix of rain,sleet and snow mixed in together by the time the front arrives here with just rain soon after. I think parts of Louth, Cavan and eastern northern ireland could see a few hours of really heavy snow tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Very light snow falling in Newbridge, started about 10 mins ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Pappacharlie

Still snowing heavily here. Wind is also picking up. Snow starting to move along the ground.
    The older people around here always talk about the blizzard of 1947. It was a similar situation but the warm air lost the battle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Peter

Been snowing for almost the past hour here just south of Ballyhaunis in Mayo. Strong easterly wind too which is causing it to drift a bit. Still just under -1C here with no sign of it turning to sleet yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Still no sign of anything.
    Too far south for a big event, but seems like plenty of snow in the NW.

Temp now 0C
    DP -2.4C

Snowbie wrote: »
    I think the mild air is right in across us atm at height with cold low level air still present.It be like a wall of mild air that will push the cold air out over the sea quickly following

Yes makes sense now that I think it through.

Moderate snow in Athlone but only about 1cm coverage, temperatures are rising -0.6 now approx & rising 0.7c per hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

Snow in Sligo town at 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Beautiful scenes here this morning. The wind just blew and tons of snow came off the branches on the trees. My thermo isn't covered in snow and it says it's -1.3c now.The skies are dark so the front should be here soon. Just one photo to give you an impression(there will be more in photo thread).
    P1060908Medium.jpg

Temp rising too quickly for my liking, but there are some flakes floating around.

And its getting heavier :D

I thikn we should get a white covering on deck before it thaws.

Whether its enough for kids to enjoy, we'll see.

Temp +0.6C

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

rc28 wrote: »
    Beautiful scenes here this morning. The wind just blew and tons of snow came off the branches on the trees. My thermo isn't covered in snow and it says it's -1.3c now. Just one photo to give you an impression(there will be more in photo thread).

Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Darwin

Snow has turned to sleet now things beginning to melt outside...it was fun while it lasted :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Still snowing in Oranmore - my thermo is still below freezing at -1.4

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Ive taken more photos as well, will post them up in the weather pictures forum later on today:)

Mothman wrote: »
    Temp rising too quickly for my liking, but there are some flakes floating around.

And its getting heavier :D

I thikn we should get a white covering on deck before it thaws.

Whether its enough for kids to enjoy, we'll see.

Temp +0.6C

Ditto here at +0.3c and DP of -1.4. Small little flakes of snow now and waht appears to be freezing rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Snowing in Kilcoole, nice white covering, I give it half an hour before its rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Still snowing an hour on.

Sleety rain now in Athlone, 0c and rising

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Pegging snow here in Carlow town! -0.6c here now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Croppy got any pics of the great county of Carlow uner the white stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Raining here in Shannon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

About 1/2" fell here in Tuam, starting to turn to sleet now though. Kids were hyper this morning, alas not hardly enough for a snowball.

Was very cold last night, bottle of water semi-froze on my front passenger seat :eek:.

Advertisement