Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you Brazilian wax.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

I just stick to the bikini line. I personally think brazilian or hollywood looks a bit odd, but seem to be one of the only ones of that opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Do they use the lycon peelable wax or strip wax?
    Need to find a new establishment as the place I used to go in Galway closed down, another victim of the recession!
    Oh God, peelable! I highly recommend them - it hardly even hurts and the girls there are fab, so friendly. Ellen's a dote!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

chocgirl wrote: »
    I just stick to the bikini line. I personally think brazilian or hollywood looks a bit odd, but seem to be one of the only ones of that opinion.

*waves

i keep it trimmed and the bikini line waxed

would never go for the brazilian/hollywood look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Will wrote: »
    Chatting to some French female friends a year or two back and this topic arose. Generally it's not done in france, it's considered common and slutty I was told. Dunno why, but there ya go.

I wouldnt say so from personal experence, I would have to say all very tiddy and neet.
    Where they up tight parizian girls bye any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Do they use the lycon peelable wax or strip wax?
    Need to find a new establishment as the place I used to go in Galway closed down, another victim of the recession!

If this was a certain establishment in Liosbán their best waxer now works out of Hair republic in Westside:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

If this was a certain establishment in Liosbán their best waxer now works out of Hair republic in Westside:)

No it wasnt! but doesnt matter have to find one up here now anyway!

Ugh, I don't understand how people could want to take all their down-there-hair off. It gives me the creeps. Probably because there's something prepubescent about bald genitals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Ugh, I don't understand how people could want to take all their down-there-hair off. It gives me the creeps. Probably because there's something prepubescent about bald genitals.

That's a bit judgemental, don't you think? Free choice surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

shellyboo wrote: »
    That's a bit judgemental, don't you think? Free choice surely?

I didn't think it was judgemental, I just think it's an opinion. Probably the Ugh at the start makes it sound slightly more judgmental.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭perri winkles

Ladies, quick question for you!

Ive used the waxing strips that you buy from the shop. They hurt ALOT but I was able to bare it, just about. Is the hot waxing more painful or less? Cos if its less I think i'd definitely consider it !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ck3960

much less! imo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I don't understand how some people like history, or how some women can wear high heels for hours on end and not feel uncomfortable! That's just life, each to their own.

Haha, I wasn't telling anyone not to get it done, I was merely stating an opinion. And considering the way people react to people that go natural lately, I think we're due to give some harsh reactions ourselves. Either way I really couldn't care about what people do with their stuff

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

It's quite simple really. The more nerve endings in your skin which are no longer covered by hair, the more sensitive you are to subtle movements. Oral sex/rimming is a whole different ball game post waxing.

Umm I don't think so. Don't try so support an aesthetic preferance with rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

no fighting :mad:

if you don't wax, that's cool too. I currently don't because I haven't got the money and it's fine - sex life wholly unaffected.

if you do wax, there's nothing prepubescent about it. It's a sensation that some people enjoy.

Sorry. If I'd known people would take offense to my opinion I wouldn't have posted it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭xoixo

Ladies, quick question for you!

Ive used the waxing strips that you buy from the shop. They hurt ALOT but I was able to bare it, just about. Is the hot waxing more painful or less? Cos if its less I think i'd definitely consider it !

I had a hot 'peel off' wax from Brazilia and it really wasn't that painful at all! I actually couldn't believe it, I was freaking out over nothing. Would definitely recommend it to everyone.

Just wish I had the money to keep it up, back to the oul razer and unsightly shaving bumps :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Sorry. If I'd known people would take offense to my opinion I wouldn't have posted it

You haven't been posting opinion. You started out being confrontational and carried on in the same vein. I wax sometimes, I trim sometimes and a lot of the time I let it grow out. I enjoy the variety in both aesthetics and sensations. But there is a marked difference to oral sex and rimming when my skin is naked of hair. It stands to reason, a lick will feel different on bare skin than it does on skin with course hair growing out of it.

Where exactly was the confrontation in my original post?

• Advertisement

Where exactly was the confrontation in my original post?

actually the entire post is quite confrontational: you essentially alluded to those who brazillian wax adhering to a prepubescent aesthetic, which is both insulting to these ladies' partners and to the ladies themselves for being compliant in or accessory to it.

But that's just how I feel about it. People say things that are just as bad about people that don't shave. Not exactly here but in general. It wasn't meant to be offensive and I've stated that before. I'm entitled to my opinion

As a matter of fact going through the comments within this topic someone else mentioned the 'prepubescent' thing before and no one jumped on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

But that's just how I feel about it. People say things that are just as bad about people that don't shave. Not exactly here but in general. It wasn't meant to be offensive and I've stated that before. I'm entitled to my opinion

As a matter of fact going through the comments within this topic someone else mentioned the 'prepubescent' thing before and no one jumped on them.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. How you express it is what matters. The very way you started your post, with 'Ugh', suggested you were turning your nose up at people who didn't share your point of view.

Ugh is just a little world. Believe me if I'd have meant to offend people it would have been better than that. And I wouldn't have denied it.

As Novella has said - it's all about tone. Your tone came accross as agressive and attacking. It was not received well by several posters which seems to support that reading of it.

It can be difficult to come accross as how you mean on an internet message board, so just chalk this one up to experience, bow graciously out of the thread, and we'll call it cool.

Further, if you intend to offend people you won't be bowing out of the thread voluntarily.

Back on topic folks. No more warnings, kyedhen.female.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 abee1

does anyone kno what a 'holiday bikini line' wax entails ??

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

So I have been thinking about getting a wax done for a while- full hollywood, although I've no experience with waxing (I use veet at the mo, but it doesn't last long). So....I'm looking for any suggestions of salons in Kilkenny or nearby, or barring that- what do I look for to know it's a good salon to go to? Any helpful hints or suggestions are much appreciated.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

xoixo wrote: »
    I had a hot 'peel off' wax from Brazilia and it really wasn't that painful at all! I actually couldn't believe it, I was freaking out over nothing. Would definitely recommend it to everyone.

I would just like to second this. I used go to Brazilia all the time and it honestly didn't hurt a bit. And I am a big baby who can't lift her arm for 2 days after getting an injection. I also highly recommend their waxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

23% of women don't trim at all? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Full Hollywood for me I have a high pain tolerance :D I feel fresher and cleaner when it's all gone but that's just me. I never was keen on Brazilian waxes to be honest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement