Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you Brazilian wax.

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

TBH Lycon is the thing you need to follow, AFAIK you can see what salons use lycon on www.lycon.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Ginny wrote: »
    TBH Lycon is the thing you need to follow, AFAIK you can see what salons use lycon on www.lycon.ie

ahhhh...... so this is the key to painless waxing huh? would seem there are two salons, both in knocknacarra! a fair bit out but a hell of a lot closer than Dublin! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Yep!
    Not as often as should though - so one extreme or the other!
    Like the way it looks and feels! Not painful anymore - but the first time - oh-ow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    Yep!
    Not as often as should though - so one extreme or the other!
    Like the way it looks and feels! Not painful anymore - but the first time - oh-ow!

do you go to one of the places in knocknaccara? any recommendation in particular? place and waxer?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 caspertheghost

Hi there all,

I'm guessing most posters to this thread are women but you may be able to help me. I'm male and looking to get a waxing done. I know I know is sounds ewwww, but I want to try it. Don't know how to go about it does anyone know where we men can go for such a service? :o

Oh I have a comment on being smooth down there. As a man I love it, it's the best ever. Makes me want to give this area more attention.

On another note It has nothing to do with prepubescent children. I can't believe any right thinking person would consider a man a paedophile, or even think he has this tendency, because of his preference for hairless nether regions. It beggars belief!

Thanks in advance guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MissyN

Hi Casper

That comment is appreciated, I know a lot of guys are weird about it for some reason. I think it looks much better and sexier.

Anyways if you go to www.lycon.ie and click on salons you will see all of the salons in the country that use this product when waxing. Its fairly pain free. Its definitely the best way to go.

When you get the wax done, pls post a pic on here, that would be appreciated by all in LL. Many thanks in advance ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Hi there all,

I'm guessing most posters to this thread are women but you may be able to help me. I'm male and looking to get a waxing done. I know I know is sounds ewwww, but I want to try it. Don't know how to go about it does anyone know where we men can go for such a service?

Are you in Dublin? If so, these guys

http://www.thegroomingrooms.com/treatments.php#waxing

Thanks guys for the info, all I need now is to pluck up the courage!

Due to the area I'm intending to get waxed might be better to send any pics via pm MissyN! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MissyN

ooohhh Casper, the anticipation is killing me now.

I'll be logged into Boards 24/7 from now on !!

PM away baby.......

MissyN wrote: »
    ooohhh Casper, the anticipation is killing me now.

I'll be logged into Boards 24/7 from now on !!

PM away baby.......

You naughty naughty girl! PM on the way ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 killman

this is more like dating site than LL now!!

No harm eh?:D

killman wrote: »
    this is more like dating site than LL now!!

No harm eh?:D

Apologies for entering LL, but hey, a thread full of beautiful, hairless, women, what red blooded male could keep away. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

Apologies for entering LL, but hey, a thread full of beautiful, hairless, women, what red blooded male could keep away. :D

Flattery will get you everywhere . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭upthedub

Cant beat the brazilians.....niiiiice

Any pics any1??:D

SeekUp wrote: »
    Flattery will get you everywhere . . .

Really... Do tell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭IWishh

I'm booked in for my first one tomorrow :(

I don't think I can do it unless I'm high on nurofen plus or drunk on wine. Or both!

IWishh wrote: »
    I'm booked in for my first one tomorrow :(

I don't think I can do it unless I'm high on nurofen plus or drunk on wine. Or both!

Ah, it'll be great . . . if nothing else, you can dance around in your undies the next day, admiring how great it looks/feels!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

Never had one done, would love to have the bravery to do it.
    Guys i have been with don't seem to mind, but i do trim and keep it very tidy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Nope - way too much hassle. I get waxed though and trim it myself. It's still very tidy and minimalist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

sillyputty wrote: »
    Never had one done, would love to have the bravery to do it.
    Guys i have been with don't seem to mind, but i do trim and keep it very tidy.

Me too. I'm going away with my boyfriend for the August bank holiday and would like to get it done for this trip. To make sure all the red chicken skin look is gone for our trip how far in advance should I get it done, a week?

So you ladies who are more experienced at this than I, would you chose Urban Wax or Brazilia? As this would be the first time I opt for this particular treatment I want to make sure I go to the best place.

• Advertisement

kizzyr wrote: »
    Me too. I'm going away with my boyfriend for the August bank holiday and would like to get it done for this trip. To make sure all the red chicken skin look is gone for our trip how far in advance should I get it done, a week?

My skin is usually back to normal within a day or two.

My skin is usually back to normal within a day or two.

That is nice and fast. I've decided to take the plunge and have emailed urban wax with an appointment request. Just hope they can take me on the 25th. I've decided to go for it a week early, that way if it hurts like hell hopefully I'll have recovered by the following weekend:D Scared now.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭dollybird09

ok I'm thinking of a brazilian... never had one.... best places in Dublin still Brazilia/Urban Wax?

I'm scared!! :eek:

I've decided to go for it a week early, that way if it hurts like hell hopefully I'll have recovered by the following weekend:D Scared now.
    I'm scared!! :eek:

It's not nearly as bad as, say, going to the dentist to get cavities filled (no lie, I'd go get waxed rather than go to the dentist any day of the week)!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Lucyx

So you ladies who are more experienced at this than I, would you chose Urban Wax or Brazilia? As this would be the first time I opt for this particular treatment I want to make sure I go to the best place.

A few days before your hols should be ample.

Definitely go to Brazilia but book your appoint at least a week in advance as they are very busy in there. I went to Urban Wax once and didn't find the service good at all. The girl wasn't a bit nice or chatty and the tweezers came out a few too many times for me....can you imagine ???

Ouccchh....not nice :mad:

It's not nearly as bad as, say, going to the dentist to get cavities filled (no lie, I'd go get waxed rather than go to the dentist any day of the week)!

The dentist gives a great injection that means you feel nothing. Will my waxer supply the same level of anesthesia?:D
    When Urban Wax call me back I'll ask them about the No Scream Cream and if it is worth it, may also opt for two Nurofen Plus. :o Now that I've decided on doing it I hope to hell that I get the 25th.

The dentist gives a great injection that means you feel nothing. Will my waxer supply the same level of anesthesia?:D

Nah . . . but there's no drilling involved either! ;)

Don't have any experience with the No Scream cream, but definitely take a couple of tablets if you're a bit nervous; not only does it help dull the pain, but I think it's also supposed to help if there's any inflammation in the area. (Just don't take aspirin!)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

what happens if you take aspirin???

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭karma403

I've been getting them done for a while with lycon wax and each time i'm getting more and more ingrown hairs. :mad: I'm really fed up with it so I think I'm giving up on waxing for a while..

• Advertisement

what happens if you take aspirin???

I'd be interested to know the answer to this also.

Aspirin (the wonder drug :D). Antipyretic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antithrombotic. Hard on the tummy though as it's a nonselective cox inhibitor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement