Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you Brazilian wax.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭CaoimheX

girliegirl wrote: »
    Girls! Have you not heard of the marvellous new invention called "No Scream Cream" or something like that, im not at home so cant check. I go to Urban Wax for my Hollywood... Yes Hollywood... that means absolutelly nothing left down there!

Anyway the cream works a treat, you put it on about an hour before your treatment and put on your clothes as normal, and then when you get the waxing done it's nothing short of a miracle. Now i'm not saying you go numb down there or anything, but it certainly makes it ALOT more bearable. TRY IT!!!

The cream is called "relax and wax-no scream cream", absolutely fantastic !, Its always a hollywood for me since I found Urban Wax plus that miracle cream. I have to say the regrowth is certainly thinning out also!!, I am getting much longer out of a wax now, but hey, I am getting these treatments for the past 10 years...ouch :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 aintnosunshine

I got a brazilian done when i was out in america my Bf was comin to visit so i thought it would be a nice surprise i have a high pain treshold so that didn't bother me..

Only problem was when he arrived out he said he didn't actually like brazilians cause it made him feel dirty as if i was 12 or something as he says "likes a cushion for pushin" although he did get over it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I can't take the pain! I always thought I had a really high pain threshold, but nope, not when it comes to waxing! My best friend is Veet, slap it on, wait 3 minutes, wash it off, all smooth!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

Only problem was when he arrived out he said he didn't actually like brazilians cause it made him feel dirty as if i was 12 or something as he says "likes a cushion for pushin" although he did get over it!!!

Hahaha, I'm sure he did . . .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

When I was going through the Armor Officer's Basic Course, one of the other lieutenants was most proud of the fact that there wasn't a single hair on his body outside of his eyebrows. Anywhere. At all. Even after questioning for clarification.

Ermm.. OK. Rather him than me. Blades or anything else with the potential of being even remotely painful are not going to go anywhere near my sensitive bits, so tip of the hat to the lasses who do.

I am not sure if it's a cultural thing or not. I've found that ladies who do the full hair removal to be far more common in the US than in Ireland. Of course, since I've emigrated to the US, I also tend to interact with older women, getting older myself as time marches on. So the question becomes, is it an age thing, or is it a nationality thing?

NTM (Interloper)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 harrymchoudi

Whats the Armor Officers basic course? Does it involve a physical exam or something?, confused as to why he needed to tell you about waxing?

Whats the Armor Officers basic course? Does it involve a physical exam or something?, confused as to why he needed to tell you about waxing?

It was a course for new armour officers in Fort Knox, to teach them how to be tankers and cavalrymen.
    I can't exactly recall how the topic came up. We were just waiting for the instructor in our classroom and having a chat.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Chatting to some French female friends a year or two back and this topic arose. Generally it's not done in france, it's considered common and slutty I was told. Dunno why, but there ya go.

If it's generally not done, how can it be considered 'common'?

NTM

Common as in lower class I would presume. Tbh I don't know, crazy French.

I'm of the opinion (as I'm sure most would guess) that it's your body, and do with what you want as long as it makes you happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 harrymchoudi

Some of the french girls I have seen dont even do their arm pits. Lazy I'd say. But havent said that the French President's wife does, but she could be italian...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Willennium wrote: »
    I'm of the opinion (as I'm sure most would guess) that it's your body, and do with what you want as long as it makes you happy.

Well with 'no scream' creams I cant imagine that brazilian waxing really makes women happy?

Seriously? Does it really make a differnet during sex or what? Why do women get this done? I just couldnt fathom waxing anything in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

panda100 wrote: »
    Seriously? Does it really make a differnet during sex or what? Why do women get this done? I just couldnt fathom waxing anything in that area.

During intercourse, it doesn't feel any different to me, although it looks different, obviously.

Oral is nicer . . . without being too graphic, it's just skin on skin and very slippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

panda100 wrote: »
    Well with 'no scream' creams I cant imagine that brazilian waxing really makes women happy?

I don't find it in any way painful so I suppose yeah it does make me 'happy' for want of a better word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Haru

Some of the french girls I have seen dont even do their arm pits. Lazy I'd say. But havent said that the French President's wife does, but she could be italian...

< *cough*isFrench*cough*

I definitely shave and most of the French girls/women I know shave. :rolleyes:

Also, I read instructions for an epilator not so long ago. It was claiming that epilating was a pure moment of joy and peacefulness. I just laughed.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭pops

I don't do my armpits, but do shave legs. Personally I don't find armpit hair offensive, or pubic hair either. I shave my legs because they look like hedgehogs otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

lezizi wrote: »
    Ok im just wondering does every lady out there Brazilian wax.
    Ive had it done once and it was so sore that i never got it done again, but i was thinking of getting done because i think my boyfriend might appreciate it, or am i wrong do guys even notice these things?
    Waxperts in Dun Laoghaire is the best place for waxing. It hardly even hurts, hth.
    Will wrote: »
    Common as in lower class I would presume. Tbh I don't know, crazy French.
    Yep, my mother and grandmother always used to describe things they disapproved of as "common". They meant cheap, working class, tacky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

I waxed once got the hollywood done. did it for my girlfriend she's very kinky never again its painful:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Haru

Will wrote: »
    Chatting to some French female friends a year or two back and this topic arose. Generally it's not done in france, it's considered common and slutty I was told. Dunno why, but there ya go.

It's not really considered slutty or whatever, and there are a lot of french women who do it. It's simply that they usually don't talk easily about it. Moreover, bikini and the other types of waxing were "imported" only recently in France compared to the U.S or some other countries.

I don't really see why guys should wax (especially the intimate part of their body) , though I have to admit that I don't like guys with a "jungle" on their torso.

Maybe I was talking to particularly prudish French women.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ck3960

just got my first brazilian this week at waxperts- cant believe that it wasnt the torture i was expectin. got my eyebrows and lip threaded today and that was a million times worse than the brazilian......go figure?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Think I'm addicted! Love Brazillians! Hollywoods freak me out a bit.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭LeahK

I cant believe how many ladies go for the eu natural option,genuinely shocked!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

These days I...er..shave. Yeah whatever gross but once I have money again, waxing it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

CaoimheX wrote: »
    The cream is called "relax and wax-no scream cream", absolutely fantastic !

Can this only be got in urban wax? or can it be got anywhere else?
    Hermione* wrote: »
    Waxperts in Dun Laoghaire is the best place for waxing. It hardly even hurts, hth.

Do they use the lycon peelable wax or strip wax?
    Need to find a new establishment as the place I used to go in Galway closed down, another victim of the recession!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

LeahK wrote: »
    I cant believe how many ladies go for the eu natural option,genuinely shocked!:eek:

Really?! Why is that shocking? It's... natural?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Lia_lia wrote: »
    These days I...er..shave. Yeah whatever gross but once I have money again, waxing it is!

why is shaving "gross"?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Nikbik

Girls,girls girls ever hear the saying NO PAIN NO GAIN... The pain is worth every second of it to look down and not have what looks like a head of broccoli between my legs :) I get it done every 4-6 weeks depending on the regrowth and once you keep getting it done it doesnt hurt, Yes the first time you get it done it is painfull but defo worth it. I find taking 2 Nurofen about an hour before yoor appointment makes a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Best ones are without strips, takes longer to do but lasts so much longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

sam34 wrote: »
    why is shaving "gross"?

Whenever I mention to people they find it disgusting. Probably because many girl get ingrown hairs etc from shaving. So I just kind of assumed people here would see it as disgusting too. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement