Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you Brazilian wax.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Appointment confirmed for 25th. Terrified now:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

what happens if you take aspirin???

Apparently, it's not recommended it because it's a blood-thinner (and an anti-coagulant), so it could cause bruising.

It wouldn't be fatal or anything, I think it's just a precaution that if you have some other over-the-counter medication, you might want to take that instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭IWishh

IWishh wrote: »
    I'm booked in for my first one tomorrow :(

I don't think I can do it unless I'm high on nurofen plus or drunk on wine. Or both!

Well, I got it done!!
    And it was grand!

I actually couldn't believe it - I'm not saying it was painless, of course there was a bit of an "ouh", particulary on a couple of the more sensitive pulls but overall it wasn't that sore at all!
    Was done in a jiffy too. Oh and the embarrassment factor wasnt there at all either - although I generally don't get embarrassed easily anyway.

Got it done in Brazilia in town by Caroline, and took a nurofen beforehand in case anyones curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 caspertheghost

Well, I got it done!!
    And it was grand!

I actually couldn't believe it - I'm not saying it was painless, of course there was a bit of an "ouh", particulary on a couple of the more sensitive pulls but overall it wasn't that sore at all!
    Was done in a jiffy too. Oh and the embarrassment factor wasnt there at all either - although I generally don't get embarrassed easily anyway.

Got it done in Brazilia in town by Caroline, and took a nurofen beforehand in case anyones curious.

Good for you. Did you happen to see any men in Brazilia?

Apologies for hanging around the LL but this subject interests me. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Well, I got it done!!
    And it was grand!

Pictures or it didn't happen!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭BlackandGold

Right ladies I shave down there and try and get as much as I can off. Too chicken to get a wax - just a couple of questions:

1. When shaving/waxing do you do inside the lips where there's hair?
    2. How can I get rid of the red spots that appear after shaving?
    3. Any other suggestions/advice about routine for doing this?!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Waxperts in Dun Laoghaire have some male clients, the woman there was telling me that lots of them get recommended the place by their girlfriends/wives.

Well, I got it done!!
    And it was grand!

Ohh thats good to hear. I'm off to Urban Wax next weekend for mine. Still scared though:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 thomasmi

lots of wax from a local business that retired

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

I epilate the lot off. I find it less painful than waxing. I don't do it religiously though, just for the novelty now and again.

• Advertisement

Right ladies I shave down there

The THOUGHT of a blade slipping as I read that made me see spots and start to faint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 charly45

Hi guys can you lot tell me is it just a bare all legs open when you get one of these all hair off jobies............ not that im a prude just would like what to expect.. had a bikini wax years ago , and well modesty was her issue (older lady nearly took the fanny off me tbh)thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lil_fire

Hi guys,

i get hollywood waxing every month and god it hurts like hell! so i did some research and found that its possible to have a permanent laser hair removal treatment down there.
    has anyone had that done? could somebody be able to give me some advice please??

thanks in advance:)

charly45 wrote: »
    Hi guys can you lot tell me is it just a bare all legs open when you get one of these all hair off jobies............ not that im a prude just would like what to expect.. had a bikini wax years ago , and well modesty was her issue (older lady nearly took the fanny off me tbh)thanks in advance

Different people do it different ways. Mine does bare from the waist down, leg open to the side that she's working on, and then up and back when she's working on the underneath/behind bits.

cuckoo wrote: »
    Waxperts in Dun Laoghaire have some male clients, the woman there was telling me that lots of them get recommended the place by their girlfriends/wives.

Thanks for that cuckoo.

Seekup you've just put me right off. :eek: The embarrassment factor for a man. In the unlikely event you got excited what do you do? It's not like you can hide it exactly.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I don't.
    BUT I was at Roskilde music festival in Denmark a few weeks ago and the showers were communal. So I was in the shower with like 9 other girls and 80% of them were fully waxed/shaved. Made me feel very uncomfortable because I wasn't at all! Eek.

Thanks for that cuckoo.

Seekup you've just put me right off. :eek: The embarrassment factor for a man. In the unlikely event you got excited what do you do? It's not like you can hide it exactly.:D

I really really really don't think a man would get excited at being waxed. Think about it, hot wax on your skin to pull the hairs out by their roots.........not going to get you sexually excited................well unless you're into the pain factor :D

Meh, this person works with bits for a living. It's never really bothered me, tbh!

I thought you were looking to get your chest/back waxed or something -- are you going for a brazilian??

kizzyr wrote: »
    I really really really don't think a man would get excited at being waxed. Think about it, hot wax on your skin to pull the hairs out by their roots.........not going to get you sexually excited................well unless you're into the pain factor :D

Depends on who's dispensing the pain. Young, beautiful, blond, with great (blank) yes! Or a grim, matron type who hates men. :eek:

SeekUp wrote: »
    Meh, this person works with bits for a living. It's never really bothered me, tbh!

I thought you were looking to get your chest/back waxed or something -- are you going for a brazilian??

Well thing is I love the idea of you girls being smooth down there. I really think that's fab. But I should put my money where my mouth is and be prepared to do it myself.
    Not completely all off but do the whole, back, sack, and crack bit. Apologies for language but this seems to be what it's called. I think it would be more appealing to the fairer sex during playtime. ;)

How do you girls feel about your man getting a brazilian? Would it be something that would appeal to you?

• Advertisement

Well thing is I love the idea of you girls being smooth down there. I really think that's fab. But I should put my money where my mouth is and be prepared to do it myself.
    Not completely all off but do the whole, back, sack, and crack bit. Apologies for language but this seems to be what it's called. I think it would be more appealing to the fairer sex during playtime. ;)

How do you girls feel about your man getting a brazilian? Would it be something that would appeal to you?

Its all going to depend on the girl in question. My boyfriend has a hairy chest and I love it. That said I know many other girls would hate it.

EW, back sack and crack wax would look awful. It'd remind me of changing nappies. I do my OH's the way I like it, and he sometimes does mine for the laugh, like a strip missing and a permanent marker man with a lawn mower. :D

Epilating is the way forward. Straight out of the bath, barely any pain.

This subject seems to REALLY interest you. Just go for it if you're curious!

Well thing is I love the idea of you girls being smooth down there. I really think that's fab. But I should put my money where my mouth is and be prepared to do it myself. Not completely all off but do the whole, back, sack, and crack bit.

lizzyvera wrote: »
    EW, back sack and crack wax would look awful. It'd remind me of changing nappies.

Good for you casper, if you want to see what it's like! I don't know how I'd feel about him getting a Brazilian. Actually, that's a lie -- I wouldn't like him to get a full Brazilian, but a "sack and crack" might not be that bad. Never thought about it, to be honest . . . but now that I am thinking about it, it could be decent. After all, it's not as if I spend all that much time staring at the back door, so it wouldn't bother me if it looks awful. ;)
    lizzyvera wrote: »
    I do my OH's the way I like it, and he sometimes does mine for the laugh, like a strip missing and a permanent marker man with a lawn mower. :D

Now see, I wouldn't do it FOR him, nor do I want anyone but a professional to tend to mine!

Ah sure I'll just have to go and find out what's it like for myself and stop talking about it. It's not the pain I mind it's the whole "Hi there my name is Jenny!!! I'll be working on you today (big cheesy smile), so, strip from the waist down and spread them" redface.gif
    I mean is it like getting your hair cut? Lots of inane conversation about whatever and all the while you'd rather be somewhere else?
    I could picture it now. " So what do you do for a living" Ouch! " Where did you go on holidays" Oooh! "I was there once" blubber! You get the idea.

Maybe like all good fantasies it's best left as a fantasy. tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Ah sure I'll just have to go and find out what's it like for myself and stop talking about it. It's not the pain I mind it's the whole "Hi there my name is Jenny!!! I'll be working on you today (big cheesy smile), so, strip from the waist down and spread them" redface.gif
    I mean is it like getting your hair cut? Lots of inane conversation about whatever and all the while you'd rather be somewhere else?
    I could picture it now. " So what do you do for a living" Ouch! " Where did you go on holidays" Oooh! "I was there once" blubber! You get the idea.

Maybe like all good fantasies it's best left as a fantasy. tongue.gif
    It really is like getting your hair cut with the inane conversation! I don't really find it painful or embarrassing myself but it's even less so when you are having a chat with the person doing it. If you want to do it, go for it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tinyfox

MayMay wrote: »
    Same here, got it done once and it hurt like hell, I just shave now. Though that doesn't last long and I get shaving spots after but I can't handle the wax pain so it'll have to do. Is Veet or anything like that better than shaving by the way? Always get shaving spots after shaving and they last for ages.

I use veet sensitive for my bikini line. Nice and easy and no hot liquids going anywhere near a place god never intended hot liquids to be!!:p

So I went for mine today. First time and was nervous to say the least. Have to say it was nothing like I thought it would be. The girl who did the waxing was lovely, really professional, friendly, chatted away during it all and really made me feel at ease. Pain wise it wasn't bad at all. There were one or two strips that made me wince but other than that it was nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Roughly, how much longer does a full hollywood take to do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭lily lou

Just had a look at Brazilia's website and I'd love to try the G-string wax, definitely not into the baldy look, but I'm just wondering would I have to strip off for this or could I leave my thong on and just pull it to the side?? I assume as there's gonna be hair left underneath there's no need to totally strip!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement