Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing from Dublin???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 traboy

buildabong wrote: »
    I was browsing tramoresurfshop surfboards - Found this pic of a sure fire way to damage/crack a board - just rest it tail first onto a hard surface.:mad:
    Sorry, I am being anal but I hate seeing a brand new board damaged this way.
    Always rest your board on your shoe or something.
    Surfshop employees should know better!!!
    cd73f6fcae0449a6466d8d933127c7a9.jpg

ah yeah whatever,just because its touching off da ground,dat doesnt day its been damaged....cop on for yourself boi,and get a life,dont be starting problems,just because you have nothing better to be doing with your time.
    And this doesnt damage a board,people like you droping in on everyone,is what damages boards you kook!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

woah relax, she your sister or something? Anyone heading out tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭conman78

Dont know if any of you North Side boys had a look at Portmarnock today but from 11 til 2 today Killiney was pretty spectacular. Mainly bout shoulder height but the odd beast did roll in well over head high. Was a photographer there so hopefully will be posted on magicseaweed or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Lets hope its last till the weekend!

(traboy, relax, its a surfing forum, not a boy racer forum)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Mhmm...weetabix

conman78 wrote: »
    Dont know if any of you North Side boys had a look at Portmarnock today but from 11 til 2 today Killiney was pretty spectacular. Mainly bout shoulder height but the odd beast did roll in well over head high. Was a photographer there so hopefully will be posted on magicseaweed or something!

Portmarnock Looked amazing yesterday, In the water was a different story. It was just an absolute mess, caught a couple of decent waves but the rest of it was useles. Then again I was annoyed before I got in, broke a tail fin before I even got wet :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Tsu

traboy wrote: »
    yeah true sure its usually flat over there!!!!you my get courttown harbour on those big storm swells,when tramore is blown out

There's plenty of spots around Waterford that handle those big storm swells even if it's howling S-SW. Tramore isn't the only break in the county. Take out a map and use your head. When you've found them you can then follow in traboys footsteps by naming them publicly on this forum for anyone to descend upon in the same way as he's just done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭buildabong

Exar Khun wrote: »
    woah relax, she your sister or something? Anyone heading out tomorrow?

Its his mother - ha ha
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54523003#post54523003

buildabong wrote: »

He, good one, or as he says himself, his "mums surf shop"

Roight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Mhmm...weetabix

traboy wrote: »
    ah yeah whatever,just because its touching off da ground,dat doesnt day its been damaged....cop on for yourself boi,and get a life,dont be starting problems,just because you have nothing better to be doing with your time.
    And this doesnt damage a board,people like you droping in on everyone,is what damages boards you kook!

Haha, his mum must be real proud that her "boi" can defend her honour in such an articulate manner, I wonder if more then just boards have been dropped on that floor ;)

Haha, his mum must be real proud that her "boi" can defend her honour in such an articulate manner, I wonder if more then just boards have been dropped on that floor ;)

Thats a classic one Wheety! Reminded me of the goonies...Ayy you guys!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I don't know too much on surfing conditions, but Killiney Beach looked quite nice yesterday. I drove by the DART station and there was on offshore breeze, and waves of ~2 metres by the looks of it. Didn't see anyone out in the water though

Hey all, Dollymount is getting cracking surf on a rising tide lately. I was out early on Saturday morning, 6 others out, great waves. They all died off on the ebbing tide.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Griff77

Just drove by Portmarnock beach and after all the wind yday there's a decent (east coast) swell!! Stuck in work tho.... Typical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭niall mc

Always on work days!

Was there anything big over the weekend? Was gonna take the board down yesterday morning to have a gander but laziness one out.
    Need to get some friends who are living beside the sea so i can get a decent report!

Wicklow was great on Saturday morning, waves between 2 and 3 feet with a decent punch behind them. was down there bout 9. fair few out and was getting quite busy bout 11 when i left!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Looks like we on the west coast will need to start heading east on big weekends like this ;)

Didn't get a look over the weekend unfortunately so can't comment but you can be guaranteed come this weekend it will be a lake... Always the same! :rolleyes:

Anyone thinking of heading out today if the winds die down a bit ?

Tried get out in Killiney this eve, was relentless onshore. Took an absolute beating but was worth it for 1 half decent wave. 5/6 footers were too regular making a nice washing machine on the inside! Wind looks like it might die down tomorrow and sunday so could be well worth a look!

I was thining as much the same so I went on a bender tonight
    I'll check ot out tomorrow and sunday what with the residual swell....
    Goddamn surfing in Dublin can be fun!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Rodent

It was damn hard work but man it was worth it :D

Went out earlier, it was good craic. Will I see anyone Sunday round Shankill?

board in the car, low tide at 5ish. Will be out by the dart station in killiney or whiterock if its still too onshore. A repeat of 2 weeks would be splendid tho! clean and glassy, time will tell!!

I take it all will be flat on the east coast this evening? Worth a look I suppose. Yesterday evening in Portmarnock was ok if only the howling onshore wind would drop away... Anyone see anything today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭waves

Bray was small and not that great. there was one guy out there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Does North County Dublin/Meath/Louth ever have waves?

These Northerly winds might make Portmarnock workable tonight after work. Won't make it myself, sailing, let me know if anyone heads out!!!

Dont know about Portmarnock but Killiney was beautiful yesterday after lunch at low tide. Clean lines, slightly even glassy waves you could say with the odd 4/5 footer rolling in! Bout 6 or so hardy souls out!

I presume we're all too busy surfing to post on this thread this weekend....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Was at portmarnock yesterday kitesurfing and was very messy but what was there was big nice for some jumps:p

Advertisement