Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing from Dublin???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Portmarnock was ok tonight.... a bit messy but good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭dutchgoldtony

Thinking of heading out to Portmarnock this evening after work, but it looks like the wind might have died down.

Anyone reckon there might be anything there?
    Have a longboard so don't really need "A Perfect Storm" type conditions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Mhmm...weetabix

It was dead this morning when I was leaving for work. I wouldn't get my hopes up unless the wind picks up significantly! Still no harm in checking it though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

It was dead this morning when I was leaving for work. I wouldn't get my hopes up unless the wind picks up significantly! Still no harm in checking it though

You need a strong Northerly I am afraid, its dropped to a force 4 today and is veering off North...

Pity - serves me right for reading the thread two days late!

Cheers for the replies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

Monday the 26th in Killiney was the best I've ever seen Dublin. Was anyone else out?

I was out for a wile but I felt bad cause my girlfriend was sitting in the car.

Did you see it?

Big (enough) decent enough period and a beautiful sunset.

Pitty it happened to coincide with this map debacle...

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

Hopefully we get a repeat of this next week when i'm finished my exams! will see ye out there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

can people take photos of these days please? I'm on the other side of the world and I've never seen good surf in my hometown of Dublin, it beggers belief

What?!?Photos of my secret local spot lightening?

You son of a ........

too soon ?;)

• Advertisement

Look like this sunday might bring in something on the east, any ideas?

Was thinking Magheramore might work with the southerlies?

Will it not just be blown out mush?

Hoping not!

Been down there a few days when a southerly wind has thrown up a bit of swell, could be messy though.

On magicseaweed looks like there may be a bit of swell poking around the south-east corner too?

No??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Mhmm...weetabix

Was just dropping the parents into Malahide for the Clapton gig (they're getting soaked as we speak) and the waves looked ok, hopefully tomorrow the wind might kick it up a bit, although wind guru and MSW have it looking very strong (the wind that is), might be worth a look though...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

well according to MSW Dublin is going to be going off Wednesday and Saturday
    http://magicseaweed.com/Dublin-Area-Surf-Report/694/detailedLongRange/uk/

Can someone check this out and let us know if it's true? When they say "Dublin area", what beaches would b effected? Killiney?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Masta Chief

You could try Killiney , for 100% good conditions defo go to Maghermore in Wicklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 gavDUB

yeah im going to head down magheramore way tomorrow see what its like, first time trying anywhere on the east coast

was in Maghermore last night , not great conditions but surfable

todays conditions are savage , get down there !

Yeah im really looking forward to it, finally get some surf in. i've had no luck recently went down to lahinch 2 weeks ago and it was flat as :(.

Going to keep an eye on MSW for the dublin forecast from now on, if tonight is any use :D

Gav , defo get to Maghermore tonight , my mate is down there now ( he camped ovr from last nght , I had to go home as I work LOL ) and the conditions are very good !!!

• Advertisement

I have the Boards on the car sitting outside work as we speek. Do you know whats the crowd like down there, was it busy etc?

yeah u can expect 10 -25 id say , nice bunch and a big spot so plenty of room for everyone !!! even the seals !! :)

Anyone have any idea of what Killiney / Bray is looking like today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭will3k

I was driving near Killaney today about 12pm, had a quick look at the spot known as white rocks (I think!) There was a small wave 6inchs maybe, not sure about what effect tides have on this spot, I'm new to east coast surf, never saw the point. :)

Anyone have an info on tides for white rocks? or Wicklow spots?

Killiney is rarely good , best spot in wicklow ( with regular waves ) is Brittas bay..was there last night , and twice the week before......

Killiney is rarely good , best spot in wicklow ( with regular waves ) is Brittas bay..was there last night , and twice the week before......

I've heard Brittas closes out really fast no?

Magheramore has worked out for me a few times though - generally from September to February

sorry when I said brittas I meant ( maghermore ) I just use Brittas to describe the general area Maghermore is where we were last night...

Savage - what sort height was the swell last night?

ah last night was poor , only 5 of us down there in total...... today is 5-8ft from what my friends are telling me.. Id head down myself only im working

• Advertisement

Same as, going to head down for a late session hopefully!

Advertisement