Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place to buy cheap gear

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

@krinpit

What part of Cali are you going to? If you're going South there's a Rip Curl Outlet Store in San Clemente just up the road from the Trestles car park on El Camino Real. Got a fireskin 3/2 out there for about $90 last year, still going strong. Boardies for $5, leather wallets for $8, sunnies for $10. Just because it's all last years stock.

@Griff77 a 5/3 should do for the winter but will be too warm in the summer. I wear a 3/2 in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭krinpit

Thanks for that. We'll be driving past San Clemente on the way from San Diego to LA. Thanks for the head's up.

Are surf outlet stores common in California?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Not too sure, that's the only one we found. Forgot to say, it's not the actual Rip Curl shop which is a few doors down the road. If you're looking for a really special board too there's a great shop in San Clemente called Icons of Surf (http://www.iconsofsurf.com) - well worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Griff77

Thanks for the info ENYGMA. Will look into gettin something for the the summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

For what its worth, Lidl have the wetsuits in again.

Thursday the 3rd may...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Actually they're not bad at all for the price. Especially if you're a student/occasional surfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭irishsurfer

2nd hand section (buy and Sell) at www.irishsurfer.com :D

Enygma wrote:
    @krinpit

What part of Cali are you going to? If you're going South there's a Rip Curl Outlet Store in San Clemente just up the road from the Trestles car park on El Camino Real. Got a fireskin 3/2 out there for about $90 last year, still going strong. Boardies for $5, leather wallets for $8, sunnies for $10. Just because it's all last years stock.

@Griff77 a 5/3 should do for the winter but will be too warm in the summer. I wear a 3/2 in the summer.

Got directed to a Sports Chalet store in San Diego. Picked up a 3/2 O'Neil suit for $124 and O'Neil booties for $39.99. Damn sweet.

Stopped off in San Clemente for petrol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

How much should one expect to pay for a wet suit first time out? I won't get a chance to travel to get one so if there's anywhere in the Dublin region that people could recommend I'd be much obliged!

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 traboy

checkout my mums surf shop
    www.tramoresurfshop.com
    or ring 051-391011

• Advertisement

traboy wrote: »
    checkout my mums surf shop
    www.tramoresurfshop.com
    or ring 051-391011

Class site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 traboy

thanks man

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ma11achy

Got a class 5/4/3 Xcel Infinity hooded steamer with booties at the US Outdoor Store in Portland, Oregon last August - worked out at €250 with the exchange rate.

Well, well worth the price. Haven't felt an ounce of cold since I started wearing it about a month ago.

Oregon is one of the coldest places to surf on the US west coast, due to the currents coming down from Alaska. Yikes! :eek:

By the way - kudos to traboy and his mum, www.tramoresurfshop.com is a bloody excellent site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 extremesurfing4

Hi, every one this site is more useful information to us regarding best place to buy cheap gar, and also am earlierly seen other site regarding it best place to buy cheap gear gives more useful information.it is more useful to me i hope that this is very useful to you,I found this link very helpful:
    http://www.extremeelements.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 hearto83

try searching some shops in south africa....heard the gear is really cheap there, even big brands like billabong, rip curl, quicksilver, o'neill etc. wouldn't cost much to ship either as they r not that heavy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AJsurf

hey just wanted to add my bit to the convo, prob too late but sure. no harm in talking to myself :D:D If your serious enough about surfing then i would recommend buying a fairly good suit, irish prices arent that bad for your simple oneills suit, and i think if your looking for a new one, its best to invest in one that will keep you warm in the winter swells. is €200 too much for you ?

AJ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

might as well throw in that tubes in Cork have a half price sale on all winter wetsuits at the moment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭bloodninja

Rockbottom are a new discount surf shop in cork city - maylor st.

Seem to be an affiliate of tubes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bazarazu

I bought a Bic Mini Mal 7'9" from King of water sports for £229 (€280 approx).
    Free leash, wax and a rhino travel bag plus free delivery to ROI from the UK.
    They are selling at around €360 in the shops in Ireland.. so take advantage of the strong EUR over GBP!

http://www.kingofwatersports.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 azer

bazarazu wrote: »
    They are selling at around €360 in the shops in Ireland.. so take advantage of the strong EUR over GBP!

Sounds like a good deal, how long did it take for delivery? any problems with it or the service?

cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭badolepuddytat

Hi guys (and gals) I'm new to this forum, skimmed through replies. I really recommend http://www.bozwetsuits.com/ Great quality suits and associated gear. They don't do ladies winter suits :mad: (or at least didn't last year) but when I moaned about this they sent me out a measurement chart and custom made one for me :D for about €230 including p&p :D:D:D. Now I'm toasty all winter, it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

bazarazu wrote: »

use voucher code king1 and get 10% off and free delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 peterk34

I just got an O'Neill Psycho delivered from them for £129 and I had free delivery :)
    http://www.kingofwatersports.com/sale-items-c87.html

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

A few people above have said they bought from kingofwatersports.com,
    how long did delivery take?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bazarazu

The stuff took about 5 working days to arrive from the day I placed the order- which is pretty good considering it's coming from across the water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 suzr

I think I know the one oyur talking about, its opposite the Tourist Information Centre. Its a nice enough shop, they always have some nice second hand boards aswel. Cant think of the name either.
    I think it's Bundoran SurfCo you're talking about. They do some secondhand boards. They also sell some nice Irish made boards if I remember correctly. Got my best fitting wetsuit ever there- it was a Tiki (perfect fit for girls).

gerire wrote: »
    use voucher code king1 and get 10% off and free delivery

Just ordered a Circle One Minimal. Saved about €80 plus free shipping, leash, wax, and boardbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Masta Chief

I ordered a mini mal from them last week , it arrived in 4 working days ...quality price and service

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

suzr wrote: »
    Just ordered a Circle One Minimal. Saved about €80 plus free shipping, leash, wax, and boardbag.

I tried that aswell, expect an email or phone call.
    They wont give the 10% discount and free shipping on boards.
    he offered to upgrade my leash for me, i should have asked him to give me a better soft rack aswell.

• Advertisement

Got the discount. Still saved quiet a bit compared to what I would have payed here. Lovin the exchange rate at the mo. In all it cost me about 390 compared to 450 in the shops here. Here's hoing it arrives in one piece.

Advertisement