Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing from Dublin???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 iliketosurf

masta chief. unless you are giving completely wrong information on purpose, you either have no understanding of what a rideable wave looks like, or you are a complete kook.
    do you by any chance "surf" a bic?
    anyone who knows the absolute basics of surf forecasting would agree with fuzzy logic.

what exactly sets mahermore apart from other spots on the east coast? do you like surfing in cross shore northerly winds? what the hell are offshore swells? "surfable barrels in mm the other day", u must be having a laugh.did u happen to make the drop and pull in to any of these barrels?
    as for your mates who told you there were 5-8ft waves. that is just not right! i am certain the waves you are surfing in mm would be better measured in inches.
    instead of taking fuzzy logic's advice into account. you replied so ignorantly with wrong information.
    you are not a surfer

will3k please dont go to mm tonight. i would be surprised if there was anything over 1 foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Masta Chief

Its idiots like ILIKETOSURF that put people off the surfing community:rolleyes:

Pop out to my <references removed : c - 13> , and we will see who is the KOOK !:rolleyes:

<references removed : c - 13>

BACK on topic...Yes 12 of us in Maghermore last night , was half decent.... <references removed : c - 13>

Enjoy all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Can we have less of the personal abuse from all parties ?

Debate is fine but theres no need to have to resort to personal abuse to make a point.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

ok, without sparking a riot(!!) how's the forecast for Dublin or surrounding areas looking this coming weekend??

Looks pretty poor looking and windguru and magic seaweed, but I'll ask to be sure.

Brought my board and gear back up with me from Cork for the first time last weekend so hoping to get a bit more done up here and not just have to leave it for weekends that I'm home and lucky enough to get good conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

masta chief. unless you are giving completely wrong information on purpose, you either have no understanding of what a rideable wave looks like, or you are a complete kook.
    do you by any chance "surf" a bic?
    anyone who knows the absolute basics of surf forecasting would agree with fuzzy logic.

what exactly sets mahermore apart from other spots on the east coast? do you like surfing in cross shore northerly winds? what the hell are offshore swells? "surfable barrels in mm the other day", u must be having a laugh.did u happen to make the drop and pull in to any of these barrels?
    as for your mates who told you there were 5-8ft waves. that is just not right! i am certain the waves you are surfing in mm would be better measured in inches.
    instead of taking fuzzy logic's advice into account. you replied so ignorantly with wrong information.
    you are not a surfer

will3k please dont go to mm tonight. i would be surprised if there was anything over 1 foot.

Can anyone explain to me why many surfers seem to have such bad attitudes? It seems to me that a lot of surfers are unable to hold a civilised conversation about anything without aggression and/or abuse. Does it go with the image or is the saltwater affecting their brains?

Generally most of us are very helpful and friend THEBIG ... However you will get "some" people who "think" they are or have some superior knowledge...When in fact they dont..

Its a great sport , with a great social side to it..Dont let some idiots on a forum taint your opinion of it...

Thanks to all who popped into my shop during the week from the forum ( hope you were happy with the discounts )

End plug :)

Generally most of us are very helpful and friend THEBIG ... However you will get "some" people who "think" they are or have some superior knowledge...When in fact they dont..

Its a great sport , with a great social side to it..Dont let some idiots on a forum taint your opinion of it...

Thanks to all who popped into my shop during the week from the forum ( hope you were happy with the discounts )

End plug :)

I'm hoping your not referring to anyone off this forum ? Because I really dislike vieled digs at forum members ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

:D

There were some not so veiled digs thrown earlier unless I was mistaken. At least people were big enough to realise that everyone has the right to be wrong now and then ;)

Would say that for the most part posters in this forum seem genuine in their attempts to advise people and an odd spat shouldnt spoil what is a very useful place for surfnubs like myself :)

Tristram wrote: »
    :D

There were some not so veiled digs thrown earlier unless I was mistaken. At least people were big enough to realise that everyone has the right to be wrong now and then ;)

Would say that for the most part posters in this forum seem genuine in their attempts to advise people and an odd spat shouldnt spoil what is a very useful place for surfnubs like myself :)

I agree, debate has its place but threats and general bitchiness are not part of that.

I stated a couple of posts ago that any name calling etc. should be dropped, there is no need for it. If people want to debate thats cool with me but we can do that without resorting to juvenile insults too, either veiled or non.

• Advertisement

iliketosurf - enough. Keep it on topic.

Again , back on topic :rolleyes:

Maghermore early saturday morning for decent conditions

** Again no west coast , but we dont expect that on the EAST

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napapa

doesn't look like conditions are great anywhere this weekend and its the only damn weekend i've no match.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭waves

Was pretty big/messy and good fun. Well worth the trip down.

can anyone tell me if it's worth the trip to Maghermore today (Sunday)??

I believe saturday morning was briliant in Maghermore , Even Bray was working saturday evening APPRoX 7pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭eamonnm79

Last saturday morning in MM was class. Only myself and two mates, Sun splitting the rocks and some 6 footers.

Emmm, I have no idea who either of you are IRL - If you both want to argue about it use visitor messages, PM's or the feedback forum please, not this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tonyfillony

the plot thickens!!!

Wont lower myself to engage these foolish posts

Back on topic....Am in Tramore at the moment , gutted no decent conditions.........

• Advertisement

Back on topic....Am in Tramore at the moment

eh, if you were back on topic you'd be talking about surf in Dublin and surrounding areas and not in Waterford no?? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭eamonnm79

I do
    Need any info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Cill4563

Well with that thrilling conclusion, could anyone tell me if they think Maghermore's worth hitting this eveing, offshore wind, n 5 foot northernly swell @ 7 sec period... I'm gettin this from the charts on magic seaweed, can't seem to work wind guru...

Right all refereneces to this shop ownership issue have been snipped.

Theres no point taking this thread further off topic.

Carry on.

(If anyone has queries as to their post being snipped please feel free to PM me)

Well Said c-13 !!

Well I was just making a statement about Tramore....Pity as I had high hopes for it !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭will3k

Well folks,

Anyone been out in Wicklow recently? Maybe bit of a wave there this week, what ye reckon? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 gavDUB

hey Yeah I didnt even notice

23 mph straight up might well be worth a look

anyone else thinking about it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Yea thinking about Thurs evening

Also, Having never surfed this area before (usually head west), I was wondering if someone could tell me where to go or post a map showing that location. PM me if you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭will3k

Macanri wrote: »
    Yea thinking about Thurs evening

Also, Having never surfed this area before (usually head west), I was wondering if someone could tell me where to go or post a map showing that location. PM me if you want

PMed you there lad.

Probably head out tomorrow and/or Thurs if any use. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 gavDUB

well did anyone get out last night?
    what was it like?

Advertisement