Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been in a fight

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

walt0r wrote: »
    I've been in a fair few fights. Burst a few faces, broken a few teeth, but I paid for them (+7k). Ennis is a rough town. But galway is where most of my fights have been...

How do you get into a fight in galway? I'm surrounded by fellow hippies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭TheThing!

O Rly?......

etc.

I'd put more up, but I'm sick of feeding trolls.

WoooHooo

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

How do you get into a fight in galway? I'm surrounded by fellow hippies.

I was in Supermacs (Eyre Square) one night many moons ago and in walks a lad with half his face hanging off - don't know what happened to him, but there's MANY a fight in Galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

On my few excursions out to the wilderness beyond the pale I have only just returned with my life(and male on male virginity), between getting decked in every petrol station and fending off hordes of frothing at the mouth savages I consider myself quite lucky.

Nah only messin, I have yet to get into a fight outside of Dublin, though country weddings do get wild.

Since i do martial arts as a hobby, yes i have.

Thankfully havent been in a full on fight since schooldays but have had the usual drunken crap once r twice which i always try to avoid.

Its all very pointless. I enjoy fighting in training for the competition but street violence is a joke. And none of them have any idea what to do anyway, thats why people get so badly hurt, all those muppets breakin bottles over peoples heads etc.....Moronic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

Yes many many :)

Since i do martial arts as a hobby, yes i have.

Thankfully havent been in a full on fight since schooldays but have had the usual drunken crap once r twice which i always try to avoid.

Its all very pointless. I enjoy fighting in training for the competition but street violence is a joke. And none of them have any idea what to do anyway, thats why people get so badly hurt, all those muppets breakin bottles over peoples heads etc.....Moronic.

Funny you mention that, I know a guy who does Kenpo or some sort of martial art, and he got in a fight outside 21. He got dropped by a fat bastard's haymaker. His training didn't do much for him there

TheThing! wrote: »
    Funny you mention that, I know a guy who does Kenpo or some sort of martial art, and he got in a fight outside 21. He got dropped by a fat bastard's haymaker. His training didn't do much for him there

It's a pity he didn't knock you out aswell:)

He should have done boxing and learned how to avoid punches:D:D

In fairness to him, theres a lot of factors to consider in the streets, was he drunk/blindsided/distracted/outnumbered etc etc? plus anyone can do one class of kenpo and say they "do kempo", doesnt mean they know anything.

Personally I think the best martial art for the street is the sprint team. The only time to go at it is when u have no other choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

They're not called sucker punches for nothing!.

01:10am on New Year's eve 2002 I was drop kicked into the bollox by a girl on the door of 'The Bridge' (Westmoreland St.).

Even with more than 20yrs martial arts experience behind me sh*t happens:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pigheads record in the noble art of boxing reads thus:
    1 Fight, 1 defeat, 0 Victories, 0 punches landed, 1 punch Received, 1 Humiliation.
    Got dragged out of the nightclub by two girls before he could hit strike again. For that reason Pighead has always proclaimed fighting to be LAME.

Mairt wrote: »
    01:10am on New Year's eve 2002 I was drop kicked into the bollox by a girl on the door of 'The Bridge' (Westmoreland St.).
    (

That covers every possible interpretation of the word ouch

Mairt wrote: »
    They're not called sucker punches for nothing!.

Even with more than 20yrs martial arts experience behind me sh*t happens:(
    She must have really really hated you. What were you doing? Attempting to rape her?

Pighead wrote: »
    1 Fight, 1 defeat, 0 Victories, 0 punches landed, 1 punch Received, 1 Humiliation.
    Got dragged out of the nightclub by two girls before he could hit strike again. For that reason Pighead has always proclaimed fighting to be LAME.

+1
    but all the same,but nobody wants to be a punchbag!

+1
    but all the same,but nobody wants to be a punchbag!
    Pigheads no punchbag. He's a fcuking very fast runner though.

She must have really really hated you. What were you doing? Attempting to rape her?

He was probably tryin to chat her up, irish women dont seem very appreciative of that lately!

:D
    Olympic quick?

you have a pighead,but are you faster than horsehead O'sullivan:)

:D
    Olympic quick?

you have a pighead,but are you faster than horsehead O'sullivan:)
    Sure am, especially when she has her shorts full of diarroeha. Filthy girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

"Rape" is such a gutteral, northside way of decribing 'Surprise sex'.

Please refrain from using such vularity in future please :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I used to beat my brothers a lot if that counts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,914 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Have you ever been in a fight. I'm sure plenty of you public school people have been. I was actually in a fight once and I smashed the guys head in. So lets have it then, tell us about yizzer fights

So are you on trial for murder??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Same technique has always worked for me.
    I've had my fair share of fights, but at 5'6" and a medium build, I find that running generally is a safer option.

Ha

Looks like you're the mammys boy

walshb wrote: »
    So are you on trial for murder??

No

I was nearly in trouble for killing the worlds biggest legend, but then I realised there is a law against suicide

Ha

Looks like you're the mammys boy
    Whys that then hotshot?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Whys that then hotshot?
    I think he's referring to this burn.

Terry wrote: »
    I think he's referring to this burn.
    Ah, Pighead should have known The Thing was the type to hold a grudge over an off the cuff throwaway remark. Young lads balls just aren't as big as they used to be. Pighead blames Sellafield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Ah, Pighead should have known The Thing was the type to hold a grudge over an off the cuff throwaway remark. Young lads balls just aren't as big as they used to be. Pighead blames Sellafield.

I was going to bring up the burn by pighead on thething a few mins ago but i thought i'd wait and let pighead see it and reply.
    I'm now going to keep an eye on this thread for future burns on thething.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭-Leelo-

I've been in a particularily nasty one, my boyfriends crazy ex kiicked the crap out of me one night, left me in a total state, but the worst part is it was in a nightclub and there were loads of blokes around who all just stood there watching and getting off on it, not one of them tried to help.
    Sometimes spectators are worse than the people actually fighting.

Oh and does anyone else agree that girls are much more vicious than men? I went to an all girls school and some of the worst fights I've ever seen have been there.

• Advertisement

ibh wrote: »
    I was going to bring up the burn by pighead on thething a few mins ago but i thought i'd wait and let pighead see it and reply.
    I'm now going to keep an eye on this thread for future burns on thething.

I am new to this term burn, so I presume its definition is meaningless and hypocritical attempt slagging from a fat 30 year old virgin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement