Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been in a fight

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

What does OCS stand for?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    :eek:
    Bouncers didn't do anything?
    Did you have a bunch of guy friends handy to mash his head in, break a few bones?
    Only type of justice for that sort of behaviour

Actually, truth be told, i made a swift phone call once outside to a "friend" of mine. His mother drove him and his brothers down to where I was (this must have been 1am the poor woman), and they took one look at my bloodied face and then went and found him and he got his cummupence, so I'm told.

I wouldn't blame the bouncers, the guy was obviously a psycho and they were sh*t scared of him. I think they rang the gardai but it was too late! The gardai wouldn't do anything as they didn't witness it or some bullsh1t!!! They were "willing to take a statement" fair play to them!!! I was covered in blood and very obviously traumatised. The only thing for guys like him is a taste of his own medicine. I'm so glad I knew that "friend" who sorted him out for me at the time. :cool:

The guy who did it saw me in town about 2 weeks after it and my eye was all closed up and swollen and black and blue!!! I met same guy in a pub about a year later and he approached me and was all apologies! I left the pub!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

l3LoWnA wrote: »
    Big guy followed me up the stairs and into the ladies and grabbed me by the hair, thumped me a few times into the head and smashed my head off the tiles :( it was terrifying and so sore. I was knocked unconcious for a few minutes and had a right big gash over my eye (still have scar from it) The security men who worked in the "establishment" then came up to the loo and said "oh jesus, are you ok? Lock yourself in the toilet there love, he's still downstairs" I was soooooooooooo scared locked into that toilet - can't believe that even the security men couldn't get rid of him! :rolleyes:
    That's not a fight you where assalted by someone, I think there's a difference.

I was in one or two in school but nothing much since then, I've always been a big guy and that seems to matter to most. The only time I came close was when some stranger (only having the craic with me) accidently spilt a bit of my pint (I'd already spilt most of it myself) I got all upset and he hightailed it. When I sat back on my chair I immediately feel off it and passed out. I would have been easy pickings for him. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Dudess wrote: »
    Yeah, TheThing! Violence isn't a laughing matter.
    http://is1.okcupid.com/users/410/202/4102022445444324283/mt156454367.jpg

Yeah, you know it's a serious thread when the cats come out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

FFS. Some people have obviously forgotten the first and second rules of fight club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Dudess wrote: »
    What does OCS stand for?

O'Connell Schools - North Richmond St Dn1 - my alma mater too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Once. A drunken bloke followed and cornered me at night in Dub a couple years ago. Would have run but he blocked me. I started punching and kicking him for all I was worth and he went down. Then I ran! Decided then that if I ever had a daughter, she would take martial arts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

Been in several in primary school, one or two in secondary. Broken 2 noses(I've also had mine broken) and fractured a bone in my hand on some chaps head. Also been in some scuffles on the rugby field.
    Used to do a bit of kickboxing, went to one or two tournies for that. Good fun!

Other than that I've not had any aggro really!

l3LoWnA wrote: »
    Actually, truth be told, i made a swift phone call once outside to a "friend" of mine. His mother drove him and his brothers down to where I was (this must have been 1am the poor woman), and they took one look at my bloodied face and then went and found him and he got his cummupence, so I'm told.

I wouldn't blame the bouncers, the guy was obviously a psycho and they were sh*t scared of him. I think they rang the gardai but it was too late! The gardai wouldn't do anything as they didn't witness it or some bullsh1t!!! They were "willing to take a statement" fair play to them!!! I was covered in blood and very obviously traumatised. The only thing for guys like him is a taste of his own medicine. I'm so glad I knew that "friend" who sorted him out for me at the time. :cool:

The guy who did it saw me in town about 2 weeks after it and my eye was all closed up and swollen and black and blue!!! I met same guy in a pub about a year later and he approached me and was all apologies!
    Good to hear.

Yeah, you know it's a serious thread when the cats come out!
    http://cbruen.com/blog/cats_fighting_102006.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

About an hour ago in Phibsboro!

Some looney decided to take his bad day out on poor old me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Jon wrote: »
    About an hour ago in Phibsboro!

Some looney decided to take his bad day out on poor old me

Dont worry Jon,nobody loses ALL the time!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

TheThing! wrote: »
    I was actually in a fight once and I smashed the guys head in.
    Togster wrote:
    i was in a fight got my ribs broken and my head smashed in

Shame on you TheThing! Beating a fellow boardsie:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Me and one mate in particular have beaten lumps out of each other or nearly come to blows from age 5 to present :D (all his fault of course, hes a chronic alcoholic)

tbh i find it very hard to believe some of you who say you have never been in a row, 12 years of school it simply wouldnt be possible. I was in an average amount in my school days, I can only ever recall one loss (grr :D ). Mostly caused by attitude problems and small man syndrome. My finest hour was aged 15, bout must have lasted 5 odd mins against a physically larger and stronger dude, ducked and dived and stung the mo`****a Rocky style, that one even got me respect from people i didnt like :D

And for those of you from the country id doubt it even less, the amount of drunken gobsh1tes who run their mouth down there after a morning to morning again session is unreal, they simply cant be avoided. In all my years Ive had trouble once in Dublin on a night out, yet have ended up having to diffuse situations down the sticks god knows how many times. Country towns on bank holiday weekends are like Fallujah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

I used to get into fights all the time when I was in 5th and 6th class. I was part of a gang and we'd get into punch-ups with a rival gang. We'd fight on the way to and from school, during break times and at night. Looking back on it, it was great fun and no-one ever got seriously hurt, just black eyes and split lips.

We were mad into military stuff at the time and we used to wear camouflage clothing so we could sneak up on our enemies to ambush them. We fought them with bows & arrows and built carts for making quick getaways on when we raided their territory.

Then we hit puberty, became interested in girls and turned into pussies. :( I wish I was 11 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I'd say I've been involved in roughly 5-6 incidents.

Once I was set upon by 4 lovely chaps on the dancefloor of a well respected Midlands niteclub*. From my view - lying face down on the floor whilst getting kicked to the ribs and head - I could only identify one chap. He was visited by the local guard the next day, and later that week by a group of other chaps who 'sorted him out'.

Another time I was challenged to a fight whilst taking a leak in a pub bathroom. I'm not at all aggressive and continued to take abuse all the way back to my seat in the pub. I managed to get through another half pint before I went outside with the dope and threw him around the place for a few minutes. His mate got a sly one in from the side and put an end to the throwing about. I ended up with a ripped t-shirt (only new too) and an enemy for life. Oh well.

Whilst working on the door we'd often get challanged to fight, but its generally coming from a group of lads (3-4 at least) or someone who's completely out of their face. Either way, I'd never engage someone unless completely necessary.

IMO, the small man syndrome is very much alive an well in this country. I've never even had a whisper from someone above 6'. I have only had encounters with guys who are maybe 5'10 or below. As I said, I'm not at all aggressive and anyone who knows me can vouch for that. It seems that I and guys my size are targeted my smaller fellas.. maybe its trying to establish dominance, maybe its because of a feeling of intimidation from a guy bigger than you.. I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I'd say there's more lies in this thread than Bertie's... something.

Anyway yea, I was surrounded by about 11 guys who were from the other side of town but I did a helicopter-kick and they all died :cool:

shane86 wrote: »
    tbh i find it very hard to believe some of you who say you have never been in a row, 12 years of school it simply wouldnt be possible.

Why? I've never been in a fight. You'll only get in a fight if you go looking for one. Otherwise you'll laugh or talk your way out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

The last fight I was in was back in fifth year in secondary school. I won the fight, the other guy was on the ground and I turned my back to walk away in triumph when all of a sudden up he jumps and gives me a full forced kick up the bum. I swear he must have broken part of the bottom bit of my spine (the little remnant of the tail) because now sitting down for long times or long flights are absolute agony for me :(.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Degsy wrote: »
    Sure did.Were you there?

I was indeed. Recall many fun times taking the piss out of Noddy in chemistry class....... :D

• Advertisement

Anyway yea, I was surrounded by about 11 guys who were from the other side of town but I did a helicopter-kick and they all died :cool:
    Wow! Did they all queue up to assault you separately, or did they all dive in together?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Yes, I've been in a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

Country towns on bank holiday weekends are like Fallujah.

thats so true....bank holiday sunday back home was a messy night.guaranteed at least 5 major fights on a night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Why? I've never been in a fight. You'll only get in a fight if you go looking for one. Otherwise you'll laugh or talk your way out of it.

Get real.

I was in a club down the sticks once. Just arrived, at the bar. Someone id never seen before threw a large mouthful of drink over my back.

Would you laugh? Was the way i ordered a drink provacational or something? Why would you have to talk your way out of, if you arent in the wrong.

Get back to me once you have actually lived in the real world.

shane86 wrote: »
    Get real.

I was in a club down the sticks once. Just arrived, at the bar. Someone id never seen before threw a large mouthful of drink over my back.

Would you laugh? Was the way i ordered a drink provacational or something? Why would you have to talk your way out of, if you arent in the wrong.

Get back to me once you have actually lived in the real world.

Right so he spat drink on you, but how exactly would getting in a full blown fight help the matter? Tell him to f*ck off and walk away. Or are you such an angry person that you would have to head butt him.

Why would I talk my way out of it? Cos I don't want to get in fights. Thats exactly my point. If you done want to get in a fight then you won't (I'm not talking about 8 people jump you and beating the **** out of you, that's called a 'beating')

All this guy did was provoke you, it's up to you to be the bigger man and not get in a fight. You see I have 'lived in the real world' (what a stupid saying, btw) and I've been on many messy drunken night out and I've seen enough messy situation to know that getting in a fight won't help.

Edit: What did you do btw, did you turn around and 'smash his stupid head in'?

I'd say there's more lies in this thread than Bertie's... something.

Sh1t that happened to you as well?? :cool:

Degsy wrote: »
    Dont worry Jon,nobody loses ALL the time!;)

haha how I got away with slappin his head around in the middle of phibsboro is beyond me!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I've had a few.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I was indeed. Recall many fun times taking the piss out of Noddy in chemistry class....... :D

We had Loughman for chemistry..Baldy Conscience as he liked to be known.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Right so he spat drink on you, but how exactly would getting in a full blown fight help the matter? Tell him to f*ck off and walk away. Or are you such an angry person that you would have to head butt him.

Why would I talk my way out of it? Cos I don't want to get in fights. Thats exactly my point. If you done want to get in a fight then you won't (I'm not talking about 8 people jump you and beating the **** out of you, that's called a 'beating')

All this guy did was provoke you, it's up to you to be the bigger man and not get in a fight. You see I have 'lived in the real world' (what a stupid saying, btw) and I've been on many messy drunken night out and I've seen enough messy situation to know that getting in a fight won't help.

Edit: What did you do btw, did you turn around and 'smash his stupid head in'?

You are completely right, if you really don't want to get in a fight then you really don't have to. 100% agreed.

However, if someone was provoked into a confrontation then I wouldn't hold it against them for getting involved. I have been in a similar situation where drink was intentionally spilled on me, I turned round and said WTF, then the guy stood up and asked me to a round of fisty cuffs to 'sort the matter out'.

The above situation has happened, as rediculous as it sounds. The guy was obviously looking for a fight from the get go.

Sometimes I'd let it go, take a note of who he was and head over the other side of the pub. Often I'd see the same guy walking down the street the next morning, I'd ask him wtf his game was and he'd be full of apologies. Sometimes I'd have the bouncers take him out. I've never start a fight, but I'd rarely let one go without doing something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement