Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been in a fight

Options
  • 31-10-2007 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭

Have you ever been in a fight. I'm sure plenty of you public school people have been. I was actually in a fight once and I smashed the guys head in. So lets have it then, tell us about yizzer fights

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

TheThing! wrote: »
    I'm sure plenty of you public school people have been. I was actually in a fight once and I smashed the guys head in.
    But wait! I thought those who attend private schools are incapable of violence! Surely only "poor" people get into fights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

i was in a fight got my ribs broken and my head smashed in

Good times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Dudess wrote: »
    But wait! I thought those who attend private schools are incapable of violence! Surely only "poor" people get into fights?

I doubt thats what he meant:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭TheThing!

I had no choice, he was from a public school and he had already thrown a pitbull terrier at me and was about to shower me with petrol bombs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Club Anabel case would offer evidence to the contrary your honor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I was in a small fight in Secondary School, 5th year.

Some clown made a "Yore Ma" type comment to me, so I headbutted him.

In fairness, the prick had had it coming for a while, and not just from me either.

And then, later on that same year, some other asshole was throwing coke at the back of my school trousers, so I turned around and bust his lip for him.

Cúnt never bothered me again.

cson wrote: »
    Club Anabel case would offer evidence to the contrary your honor.

Ohhh...

Boooo

Hissss

togster wrote: »
    I doubt thats what he meant:rolleyes:
    Oh it was: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055164933&page=17
    TheTroll!... I mean TheThing!... hardly posted "I'm sure plenty of you public school people have been (in fights)" as a reasonable observation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Why cant we all just get along?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

I'm a lady and believe it or not I've been in several scuffles in the past!!!!

When I was a teenager, I got a headbutt of some big knacker girl because my little friend wouldn't kiss her ugly knacker brother. I had 2 black eyes for weeks -horrible!

Another time I saw a big guy starting a fight with a tiny guy (didnt know either of them but had to pass them on my way to he loo) I drunkenly and stupidly called the big-guy a name and told him to leave the little guy alone as I passed them. Big guy followed me up the stairs and into the ladies and grabbed me by the hair, thumped me a few times into the head and smashed my head off the tiles :( it was terrifying and so sore. I was knocked unconcious for a few minutes and had a right big gash over my eye (still have scar from it) The security men who worked in the "establishment" then came up to the loo and said "oh jesus, are you ok? Lock yourself in the toilet there love, he's still downstairs" I was soooooooooooo scared locked into that toilet - can't believe that even the security men couldn't get rid of him! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Oh it was: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055164933&page=17
    TheTroll!... I mean TheThing!... hardly posted "I'm sure plenty of you public school people have been (in fights)" as a reasonable observation.

Do you want to take this outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I'm sure plenty of you public school people have been.

well as common scum who went to public school, i've never been in a fight. and at my school i only recall seeing one proper fight which involved someone from a different school and a guy from ours, but once the fight began it quickly dissipated. damn teachers getting in the way of our barbaric lower-class activities.

l3LoWnA wrote: »
    Big guy followed me up the stairs and into the ladies and grabbed me by the hair, thumped me a few times into the head and smashed my head off the tiles :( it was terrifying and so sore. I was knocked unconcious for a few minutes and had a right big gash over my eye (still have scar from it) The security men who worked in the "establishment" then came up to the loo and said "oh jesus, are you ok? Lock yourself in the toilet there love, he's still downstairs"
    Jesus, I know it's hard to know what to do at the time but it's a pity you didn't go to management the next day with a complaint. That is very serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

well as common scum who went to public school, i've never been in a fight. and at my school i only recall seeing one proper fight which involved someone from a different school and a guy from ours, but once the fight began it quickly dissipated. damn teachers getting in the way of our barbaric lower-class activities.

Jaysis, there was at least a fight a week at my school.

Some of the carry on of the spectators was beyond animalistic tbh.

The two fighters would end up with green gullyers all over their backs.

Indeed. ALL public schools are infested with low-lives and nothing else. Even public schools in upmarket areas. Somehow, scumbags sniff out that they're public schools and decide "I'm going there to get my education".
    I see you're a moderator for DIT - how frightfully uncouth. Not even a proper college...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Been in many. Won most, in the ring that is :P

In reality i've been in a few but I don't think i've ever lost.
    Private skoolers do it better :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

When I was about 12 I was in a few (in primary school). Not since then thankfully...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

See that's the thing, "Public Schools" are generally fee-paying/private schools. For the rest of us we just go to "School" unless of course you're really poor, then you just sit at home watching the other really poor people beat each other up on the Jeremy Kyle Show.

I see you're a moderator for DIT - how frightfully uncouth. Not even a proper college...

Jesus Christ, there's DIT people around, keep yer head down, there's going to be a rumble

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Have you ever been in a fight. I'm sure plenty of you public school people have been. I was actually in a fight once and I smashed the guys head in. So lets have it then, tell us about yizzer fights

Im sorry TheThing! my mother told me not to speak to private school kids but i will say this, if the bureau for investigating people who talk the height of scutter catch you, you may want to take your own life, so here take this old rusted hammer.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    See that's the thing, "Public Schools" are generally fee-paying/private schools. For the rest of us we just go to "School" unless of course you're really poor, then you just sit at home watching the other really poor people beat each other up on the Jeremy Kyle Show.
    In Britain, yes, the term "public school" refers to Eton and the like. I think "grammar school" is a term for non fee-paying schools. Ridiculously confusing. But I don't think it's the case anywhere else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I remember when i was in school a fight was called between two really good scrappers,the venue was chosen as being immediatly outside the front of the school and everybody was looking forward to it,a highlight as it were.Anyhoo,the bell rang and six hundred kids rushed out to get a ringside view of the forthcoming battle.The two blokes stood there untill everybody was assembled and JUST before they were about to get it on a sout went up that Noddy,the vice principle was on his way.One of the blokes was brighter than the other and legged it into the crowd,leaving the other(fairly dim) bloke standing in a clearing with six hundred kids around him.Everything went silent.Then Noddy burst through the crowd and into the clearing just in time to hear the bloke shout "..and then the kerryman said.."!Priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

l3LoWnA wrote: »
    I'm a lady and believe it or not I've been in several scuffles in the past!!!!

When I was a teenager, I got a headbutt of some big knacker girl because my little friend wouldn't kiss her ugly knacker brother. I had 2 black eyes for weeks -horrible!

Another time I saw a big guy starting a fight with a tiny guy (didnt know either of them but had to pass them on my way to he loo) I drunkenly and stupidly called the big-guy a name and told him to leave the little guy alone as I passed them. Big guy followed me up the stairs and into the ladies and grabbed me by the hair, thumped me a few times into the head and smashed my head off the tiles :( it was terrifying and so sore. I was knocked unconcious for a few minutes and had a right big gash over my eye (still have scar from it) The security men who worked in the "establishment" then came up to the loo and said "oh jesus, are you ok? Lock yourself in the toilet there love, he's still downstairs" I was soooooooooooo scared locked into that toilet - can't believe that even the security men couldn't get rid of him! :rolleyes:

:eek:
    Bouncers didn't do anything?
    Did you have a bunch of guy friends handy to mash his head in, break a few bones?
    Only type of justice for that sort of behaviour

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I got into a few fights in primary and secondary school. Nothing serious and I've never liked fighting, but in retrospect, the odd bout of fisticuffs is better than the bitching and backstabbing that seems to go on in many of the "better" schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

never been in a fight as such. Had a pushing match with a younger kid when i was young. It never went beyond a few pushes. I was a lot bigger than him but i believe he knew karate so did not want to get embarrassed.

Also i once got so pissed off with my brother playing is electric guitar at night when everyone is trying to sleep that i grabbed him and almost threw him down the stairs. I never got that angry with him again just in case i did something stupid. It takes a LOT to make me angry.

I was once beaten with bars and sticks by about 12 or more lads. I did not even do anything, some trouble one halloween and i was not even there. The next night they came looking for someone, i was picked out of the 3 of us walking because i was the biggest. I just covered my fact and ducked down till they got bored. It took me a while to notice my head was split open and there was blood everywhere. Did not even feel the beating much. I did not fight back, it would have been much worse if i had.

So never been in an actual fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Hey TheThing!:

stop posting.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Degsy wrote: »
    I remember when i was in school a fight was called between two really good scrappers,the venue was chosen as being immediatly outside the front of the school and everybody was looking forward to it,a highlight as it were.Anyhoo,the bell rang and six hundred kids rushed out to get a ringside view of the forthcoming battle.The two blokes stood there untill everybody was assembled and JUST before they were about to get it on a sout went up that Noddy,the vice principle was on his way.One of the blokes was brighter than the other and legged it into the crowd,leaving the other(fairly dim) bloke standing in a clearing with six hundred kids around him.Everything went silent.Then Noddy burst through the crowd and into the clearing just in time to hear the bloke shout "..and then the kerryman said.."!Priceless.

Did you go to OCS by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

in my old school there was always organised fights at lunch time usually between first years. i remember some great ones.:rolleyes:

Yeah, TheThing! Violence isn't a laughing matter.
    http://is1.okcupid.com/users/410/202/4102022445444324283/mt156454367.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Did you go to OCS by any chance?

Sure did.Were you there?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement