Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedians that suck

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Múinteoir

Jason Byrne and Ed Byrne. People with the surname 'Byrne' should not be comedians it seems.

Whatever about certain comedians' humour, the constant comparing of them to cancer on this thread is starting to get very hackneyed and just a bit macabre. Just say you don't like them.

The irony of someone on this thread calling Dara Ó Briain a West Brit and then not being able to spell his Irish language name is priceless. Daire O'Brien? Now that's comedy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Múinteoir wrote: »
    Jason Byrne and Ed Byrne. People with the surname 'Byrne' should not be comedians it seems.!

ah now that is a bit harsh! ive seen jayo three times now and im a big fan,his crazy rants are just amazing and he knows how to deal with the crowd and people sitting in the front row (he spent 20 mins of a 40 minute set rippin into me....funniest show ever!! :D)

ed on the other hand i am not AS thrilled about, ive seen him twice and he is OK but nothin overly special! when you put his live stand up against some other comedians it doesnt really (excuse the pun) stand-up against them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

ah now that is a bit harsh! ive seen jayo three times now and im a big fan,his crazy rants are just amazing and he knows how to deal with the crowd and people sitting in the front row (he spent 20 mins of a 40 minute set rippin into me....funniest show ever!! :D)

Ah will ya get away out of that, it was nowhere near that long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

in response to the comment that all male crossdressing comedians are unamusing:

http://www.tinac.net/

looks like he should be awful but I saw him live and he was hilarious.

Eddie Izzard has one show that is very funny too.

I agree with most of what has been said in this thread otherwise.
    Except about Billy Connolly - he is very funny.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Ah will ya get away out of that, it was nowhere near that long

eh it was man, it was at least half the set, he said it to me after the show! it was easily 20 minutes, not all in one go, he kept comin back to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

starn wrote: »
    On another note, when I went to see the Aristocrates. Some clown brought his girlfriend along. Who ten minutes in starts getting very loud and abusive towards him and walks out

Same thing happened when I brought a girlfriend to see it. She thought we were going to see the Aristocats and couldn't believe that Disney would make a film like this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

In my opinion Jason Byrne does a very funny show, as does Tommy Tiernan!
    Ed Byrne i just dont find funny,Dara o Briain is quite funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

deirdre okane and sarah silverman are deadly!!!

sure most people nowadays dont know what funny is

tards!

I M O !!!!

Des Bishop is sh|te

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Teg Veece wrote: »
    I agree with Tommy Tiernan. Shouting does not make you funnier.

How about being a comical genius???

carfax wrote: »
    How about being a comical genius???

:D I think you just made the post of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Jo Brand
    Tommy Tiernan
    Dara O'Brian
    Ed Byrne
    Jason Byrne
    Andrew Maxwell
    Alan Carr
    Vic Reeves
    Bob Mortimer
    Al Murray and
    Harry f*cking Hill, the ultimate w*nker

Someone mentioned Frank Skinner earlier. I think his older shows when he actually was young and immature are absolute gold. Haven't seen much of his recent stuff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

DANE COOK.

Shouting and making funny noises doesn't cut it.

xavi6 thats one hell of a list of comedians you dont like.....who do you like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭davejones

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Jo Brand
    Tommy Tiernan
    Dara O'Brian
    Ed Byrne
    Jason Byrne
    Andrew Maxwell
    Alan Carr
    Vic Reeves
    Bob Mortimer
    Al Murray and
    Harry f*cking Hill, the ultimate w*nker

Someone mentioned Frank Skinner earlier. I think his older shows when he actually was young and immature are absolute gold. Haven't seen much of his recent stuff though.

You don't like comedy:eek:
    Vic and bob were brilliant in their day!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

xavi6 thats one hell of a list of comedians you dont like.....who do you like?

Lol well -

Billy Connolly
    Frank Skinner
    Peter Kay
    Colin Murphy
    Hamish Blake &
    Ryan Shelton (both Aussies so doubt they'd be know at home)
    Ricky Gervais
    Bill Bailey
    Steven Lynch

davejones wrote: »
    You don't like comedy:eek:
    Vic and bob were brilliant in their day!

Sorry 'Shooting Stars' just p1ssed me off no end. Horrendous programme so I can't overlook that.

you like billy but dont like tommy? and you like colin murphy but dont like maxwell?! strange! and btw "stephen lynch" good choice my man, he was supposed to play here during the summer but he couldnt get booked....no venue were willing to risk booking him, and the catlaughs refused to book him because they dont "do" musical comedy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

ED BYRNE:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Múinteoir

Reading this thread makes it clear that one man's food is another man's poison. What you think is funny, is very subjective. But a common hatred of Ed Byrne seems very consistent throughout! :D

Múinteoir wrote: »
    Reading this thread makes it clear that one man's food is another man's poison. What you think is funny, is very subjective. But a common hatred of Ed Byrne seems very consistent throughout! :D

so true, i feel sorry for ed tho because he is NOT the worst comedian otu there, he is certainly funnier than maeve higgins, and michael redmond (well his new show anyway) and russel brand, and phil nichol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Tommy Tiernan
    Dara O'Brian
    Ed Byrne
    Jason Byrne
    Andrew Maxwell

sorry for your ignorance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 phit_demon

Arathorn wrote: »
    Ya McSavage is the worst of the worst, a paragraph from wikipedia
    David is generally disliked by the Irish public. Those who have seen him perform (either in public or one of his inexplicable television appearances) and those who have had the misfortune to meet him in person, have often described him as a deeply unpleasant character. It has been said that, in both public and private, he uses bullying tactics and a hugely misinformed definition of humour to disguise the fact that he is a profoundly insecure individual who suffers from a complete lack of social skills.

who says wikipedia isn't accurate lol
    Oh, I enjoyed that. I just watched the gorram idiot make a tit of himself on the LAte Late. I'm glad to see he's hated by everyone else.

As pointed out before Dave McSavage penned that article.

Galvasean wrote: »
    As pointed out before Dave McSavage penned that article.

its not hard to edit wikipedia, which is why you see very positive insites in relation to fianna fail, the tds edit it, and mcsavage rips the piss out of himself.....he uses shock comedy to offend people and the people who laugh at it is all he cares about, he does have fans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

Andrew Maxwell and Pat Short.
    please stop talking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Most comedians suck IMO... I only remember the ones I like.

Most comedians suck IMO... I only remember the ones I like.

such as?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

such as?
    Well I didn't think this was the thread for it, but...
    Bill Hicks, Mitch Hedberg, Jim Gaffigan, Chris Rock, Doug Stanhope, Steve Wright, Emo Phillips, Dave Chapelle... and early(ish) Jack Dee.
    I suppose it's unfair to say other comics suck, since it's largely subjective and a matter of taste, but these people have found their way to my funny bone where other comics have failed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Well I didn't think this was the thread for it, but...
    Bill Hicks, Mitch Hedberg, Jim Gaffigan, Chris Rock, Doug Stanhope, Steve Wright, Emo Phillips, Dave Chapelle... and early(ish) Jack Dee.
    I suppose it's unfair to say other comics suck, since it's largely subjective and a matter of taste, but these people have found their way to my funny bone where other comics have failed.

Have to agree about Jack Dee not being nearly as funny as he used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I don't find comediennes funny - apart from some Jewish ones. But generally women don't do funny very well.

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    I don't find comediennes funny - apart from some Jewish ones. But generally women don't do funny very well.

i partially agree with you, the majority of the mainstream comediennes (and most of the non mainstream ones) are $h!t, but check out wanda sykes, best female comedian out there!!

Advertisement