Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedians that suck

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ShaneO23

Agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Tommy Tiernan :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

LordSutch wrote: »
    Tommy Tiernan :mad:

I think Tommy was great when he started out.

His last tour was crap though.

I seen him in The Iveagh there a few weeks back and he was excellent.

100% new material from start to finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

coyle wrote: »
    Noel Fielding/The Mighty Boosh....to paraphrase Noel Gallagher: "I'm just glad I lived long enough to hear the sh1ttest comedy act ever"....christ their whole act is so sh1t that words fail me how bad it actually is!

I never thought much of Noel Gallagher, but he is dead right on this one. The mighty boosh is the type of drivel that shouldn't even get an airing at a college of performing arts society. The popularity of it astounds and baffles me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭St._Andalou

+1 on The Mighty Boosh. Noel Fielding is woeful.

I never find Russell Howard (of Mock the Week fame) funny. I thought this would be the general consensus, but he has nearly 900,000 fans on Facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

Sergeant wrote: »
    I never thought much of Noel Gallagher, but he is dead right on this one. The mighty boosh is the type of drivel that shouldn't even get an airing at a college of performing arts society. The popularity of it astounds and baffles me.

Sorry i should probably clear this up, Noel Gallagher's quote was "I'm just glad i lived long enough to hear the sh1ttest band ever"...about that loathsome American "punk" band Sum41.

Youre dead right about the performing arts thing. It's like the type of thing that your girlfriend's gay mate would be involved in in college and that you'd get dragged along to see in some run down, leaky-roofed school gym on a sunday afternoon.

+1 on The Mighty Boosh. Noel Fielding is woeful.

I never find Russell Howard (of Mock the Week fame) funny. I thought this would be the general consensus, but he has nearly 900,000 fans on Facebook.

Agreed, i always noticed that he got roars of laughter on that programme, but by jaysus he is always the least funny one on it by some length.

Should i bother to mention Russell Bland? Or Alan Davies from QI, or do they even count as comedians?

(How i loath Alan Davies, with his stupid curly head....infuriating lisp....the fcukin bent formulaic way that they go through all the buzzers at the start and his is always "quirky" and "hilarious"....his whole "i'm the thick one, ain't i?" act....christ almighty. Stephen Fry....for such a witty and smart bloke, why do you tolerate such fcukin tripe?? That program would be pretty much faultless if that absolute tosser Davies was unceremoniously dumped off it.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Andy Parsons, Alan Davies, Peter Kay, Billy Connolly and Michael McIntyre.

How and why they got to where they are?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

The thing about this,it's down to personal taste,what I find funny,someone won't and vice versa,and no amount of persuading will my mind,,,,,,,,so,,,,for what it's worth,here's the voting from D13....

Des Bishop...possibly the worst "comedian" ever,
    Aidan Bishop..even unfunnier than his unfunny brother,so is impossible to rate.
    Michael McIntyre.could you ever tire of punching him??
    Russell Brand..NO NO NO NO NO NO NO,you ARE NOT FUNNY AT ALL!!!
    Lenny Henry..??????????
    Dermot Whelan..see above

I'm sure that there's gonna be people who disagree,but what can you do???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Dub Ste wrote: »
    Michael McIntyre.could you ever tire of punching him??

No. The guy is offensively unfunny.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

No. The guy is offensively unfunny.:D

Quite like McIntyre I must say, he's just so posh and lovable. The man-drawer gag is funny, don't care what anyone says.

Bishop, Tiernan and even Ed Byrne have had their moments, but I find Lee Evans wholesomely unfunny. Have to agree with past comments relating to female comics, cant explain why but women are just not funny...Nina Conti isn't so bad but she needs the monkey to help.

Saw Denis Leary live a few years back and was devastated by how bad he was...always knew he was dependent on Bill Hicks but didn't know how much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement