Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedians that suck

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

prospect wrote: »
    I can't beleive Tommy Tiernan, Dara O'Briain & Billy Connelly are mentioned... These guys are all brilliant comedians.

Well believe it now Tommy Tiernan pisses me off did you ever hear him laughing at his own so called jokes while he is telling them, I would love to give him one good crack of my fist across his jaw if I ever see him by the way I won't be paying to see him. Dara o Briain is another annoying fat c-u-n-t in the panel what a load of horse shyt. Billy Connelly is like Tiernan f-ing and blinding telling stupid jokes as if that's going to make them funnier. Your wan Kane has one hell of an annoying voice. Your man on anonymous is really annoying he is very giddy like a 7 year old on christmas eve. What I can't figure out are the people that break their heart's laughing at these idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Des Bishop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

hotspur wrote: »
    Aren't you a comic though? I've never met a comic who didn't love Emo, weird.

well now you have!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

Russell Brand as funny as malignant cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

99.9% of irish comedians are not funny... They seem to be of the opinion that repeating material and paraphrasing american sitcoms is enough to get them a few laughs.

I used to share a house with a 'professional' irish comedian who spent his time glued to the comedy channel, undoubtedly to rehash it that night to poor, unsuspectingpunters....

Where did they get their massive ego's from????? Daire O'Brien is gone so west Brit that he should get a knighthood...

In defense of women comediennes - Joan Rivers is top class. Have seen her a few times and her content and timing is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Hopefully you mean Nick Hancock and not the great Tony Hancock. His Galton & Simpson penned Hancock's Half Hour series was fantastic.
    no I mean Tony Hancock, never anything by him to be funny

humour is subjective

the only reason I can think of for Hancock being funny is that much of his material was copied, but I don't think that's the case. Phil Silvers half hour was just so much funnier even if you could stuff coming a mile away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 sudokuu

Ben Elton. He's some knob. Reckon there is a painting somewhere in the attic of his house thats slowly gotten more liberal over the last 20 years

Jo Brand
    Tomm T
    Emo Philips
    Des Bishop
    His little Brother
    Alan Carr
    Karl Spain
    Bill Baily
    Lenny Henery
    Denis Leary
    aL murry
    Ross Noble
    Deirdra O Kane
    Andrew Stanly
    Peter Kay
    Sharon Horgan

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Daire O'Brian is appallingly unfunny. How this man has managed to get so far is beyond me. I can't even bear to watch him present stuff on TV - count how many times he says "EHHHHHHH"!

Des Bishop is another person who doesn't deserve the hype, or would he be funnier if he wasn't so up himself?

And of course, David McSavage. I couldn't laugh at this guy even if his act was funny...i'm convinced he has serious mental problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Kold wrote: »
    Sarah Silverman. You're not funny. You're sort of a bit hot. This is let down by you trying to be funny. You're not bloody funny. Die.

SO I went and googled her as I'd never heard of her, and uncovered this gem

/tumbleweed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

That wasn't remotely funny. F*cking cheese? WHAT? *boggle*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

peter kay not funny??is this a piss take thread?

also lee evans is hilarious, im not mad on the jumpin around but his actual material is quality 10yrs ahead of its time simple yet funny. Have the people that hate him actually watched a full stand up show of his?i used to dislike him too without actually ever watching him properly, id highly recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

eth0_ wrote: »

Yeah seriously, what the hell was that all about? It went on for AGES.

eth0_ wrote: »

wow that was bollox!! altho i didnt mind seeing her thrusting coz i think that chick has got some nice legs!! try watching it again with the volume all the way down......see much better aint it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

I thought that youtube clip was OK. Certainly not the least funny comedienne I've ever heard.
    The worst ever are that Brendan O Carroll and Lee Evans. I'm actually scowling as I type because I don't like even thinking about them.
    Ed Byrne doesn't bother me as much as he seems to bother some of you.
    I saw one of the girls who used to be in the Nualas a while back. Can't remember what her name was. Oh my God - she bombed.
    I thought Mc Savage was hilarious the first time I saw him - 5 yrs ago maybe in Temple Bar Square. Now, after seeing him umpteen times I can't stand him. Its so not funny any more.

I thought Mc Savage was hilarious the first time I saw him - 5 yrs ago maybe in Temple Bar Square. Now, after seeing him umpteen times I can't stand him. Its so not funny any more.

i saw him in the ha'penny bridge inn there last tuesday, i was playin at the same gig and he KILLED! now before that i would have agreed with you, same set for years got head wreckin but he has some new stuff now which is high-larious!! well worth the look if you ever did like him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

i saw him in the ha'penny bridge inn there last tuesday, i was playin at the same gig and he KILLED! now before that i would have agreed with you, same set for years got head wreckin but he has some new stuff now which is high-larious!! well worth the look if you ever did like him!

I'll give him another chance so - but if he's still crap, I'll be coming after you!

i am not responsible for the abilities of one dave mcsavage! if he is good: you are welcome!! if he's ****: its not my fault!! :D

no seriously tho his new stuff is very very funny! well worth a look! this time....he doesnt have a guitar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

I really like silverman, her new show is pants, but check out her take on The Aristocrates Joke

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

starn wrote: »
    I really like silverman, her new show is pants, but check out her take on The Aristocrates Joke

Anyone with half an imagination can do that joke well. I can't believe I watched that clip either when I knew how **** it would be.

her's is actually one of the worst takes on that joke, you need to listen to Gilbert Gottfried, billy connolly or bob sagets versions, they put silverman to shame!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭tobytobe

o1s1n wrote: »
    And any man who dresses like one.

oooooohhhhhhhhhh definite dig at my lovely Eddie...I think he's great..

ammmmm...let's see...

I think Neil Delamere is totally overated. Anyone who laughs at themselves before they even say anything is sure to disappoint..I mean..take my ex husband...no please, take him..... narf narf narf:D

The late great Dave Allen was class....very very clever

tobytobe wrote: »
    ..I mean..take my ex husband...no please, take him..... narf narf narf:D

ah come ON, you cant critisize a comedian when you make a joke like THAT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭tobytobe

ah come ON, you cant critisize a comedian when you make a joke like THAT!!

ahhhhhaaa! I did that on purpose!! In the spirit of all things unfunny (*sighs, unappreciated)

I cant stand Delemare, There's just something about him, makes me want to kick the teeth off him. I think Andrew Maxwell is great on the panel. But I'd be reluctant to see him in a stand up show

tobytobe wrote: »
    (*sighs, unappreciated)

*sighs.....horrendus!!
    I think Andrew Maxwell is great on the panel. But I'd be reluctant to see him in a stand up show

don't be, he is brilliant live, see my comments about him in the "best irish comedian" thread! well worth a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

I'm a fan of Sarah Silverman and think she's one of the best female comics out there.
    I've only seen the first 3 of the episodes of her show but I absolutely loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I'm a fan of Sarah Silverman and think she's one of the best female comics out there.
    I've only seen the first 3 of the episodes of her show but I absolutely loved it.
    Never seen her, but after looking at the cheese thing above I wont be either :rolleyes:

Also, know your comedians > http://www.comedycv.co.uk/index.htm

/edit
    OMFG, just had a quick scan down through the list at the comedycv website .... can you imagine going to see this:http://www.comedycv.co.uk/fourpoofsandapiano/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

sudokuu wrote: »
    Ben Elton. He's some knob. Reckon there is a painting somewhere in the attic of his house thats slowly gotten more liberal over the last 20 years

I think Ben Elton is an amazing writer. But his stand-up is horrific. He ran out of material once Margaret Thatcher lost power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

grames_bond banned for 1 week for mentioning a Voldemort event.

• Advertisement

humanji wrote: »
    I think Ben Elton is an amazing writer. But his stand-up is horrific. He ran out of material once Margaret Thatcher lost power.

Blackadder was terrific. But the guy is a complete tuen coat. He was very anti establishment. Then 10 years later he;s hosting the royal varirty proformance brown noising the queen.

On another note, when I went to see the Aristocrates. Some clown brought his girlfriend along. Who ten minutes in starts getting very loud and abusive towards him and walks out

Advertisement