Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedians that suck

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Most female comedians (I do like Nina Conti but after seeing YouTube clips of her, I see that she doesn't change her act :( )

Ed Byrne - Fine on The Panel at times but any stand-up gig has been awful!

And definately agree with Brendan O'Carroll / (Mrs. Brown) - Amazing how cross-dressing would be a sin but yet old people like him/her/it.........

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I can't beleive Tommy Tiernan, Dara O'Briain & Billy Connelly are mentioned... These guys are all brilliant comedians.

However:
    Ed Byrne, Brendan O'Carroll, Andrew Maxwell, Lee Evans, The fat baldy english landlord bloke, Des Bishop and Patrick Kielty are all terrible terrible comedians.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

The tides are turning against Tommy but I still think he's damn funny!

Fully agree with the general consensus of Ed Byrne and women in general not being funny.

My addition -> Ruben

Arathorn wrote: »
    Ya McSavage is the worst of the worst, a paragraph from wikipedia

who says wikipedia isn't accurate lol

He's just an aquired taste its really always 50/50 when I see him
    I've spoken to him many times and been out for drinks with him he's an alright bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

he's an alright bloke.

Actually he's not ... he's a ****.

He acts like he loves being controvercial but really it just takes less effort to be hated than admired and he's a lazy prick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

Harry Hill almost the exact opposite of comedy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Ed Byrne, Ed Byrne and Ed Byrne.

QFT!
    Not funny at all IMO...

Either people will agree 100% with me or wont know who he is ..... I wish I didnt know .... Paul Tylak!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I know who he is and 100% disagree. Well maybe not 100%, around 50%. ;)

He is not that bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Seinfeld, actualy anyamericancomedian that thinks that sortof sh!the is observational humor. and HArry hill and O'Kane and that al murray Dickhead, oooooh urge to kill seriously rising as I type this.

• Advertisement

Mrs. Tylak?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Lee Evans.

Stupid, sweaty, manic fúcker needs a tranquiliser.
    Brendan "How's your Wibbly Wobbly Wonder "0'Carroll
    Al Murray. I did like Time Gentleman Please but his stand-up bugs the crap out of me.

Could not agree more
    Chinafoot wrote: »
    Last one....Dave McSavage.
    The-Rigger wrote: »
    Harry Hill, not remotely funny. I don't get it, be funny.

All of the above.

I think that all of them would be regarded as unfunny by 75% of the population as would Ed Byrne. He doesn't really annoy me that much and I've never paid to see his gigs so he's just meh to me.

As for Tommy or Dara or Jimmy Carr they might not be to everybodies taste but they have a large groundswell of support. I personnally like TT and Dara not sold on Jimmy Carr yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

That Female Jew thats been on Paramount lately.

Dear lord, who the hell thinks shes funny?
    Shes about as funny as cancer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭arghh

Billy connolly stopped being funny 20 years ago his only thing now is curse curse curse to get laughs.Saw Tommy Tiernan on TV once with Jordan(Eamon Dunphy show) she was original and funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

awww, i think lee evans is brilliant :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

cance wrote: »
    awww, i think lee evans is brilliant :(

His body movements and energy are impressive but when you actually listen to the content of his material its shocking.

Remember watching some of the Lee Evans run on Paramount Comedy, sketches about caravan drivers and children's behavior at weddings had 5,000 people wetting themselves!!!!!!

Further to Ed Byrne I'm gonna throw Peter Kay into the barrel, Phonix nights was entertaining but I'll leave his stand-up to his 80 year old fans.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Further to Ed Byrne I'm gonna throw Peter Kay into the barrel

Looking through the thread I was amazed nobody had mentioned Peter Kay until now. Just not funny at all.

Lee Evans has to be the worst though, he thinks he's the reincarnation of Norman Wisdom but is nowhere near as funny (and that's not meant as a compliment to Norman Wisdom).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭last_orders

jim davidson really bugs me, as well as all the comedians from the panal. when dara o'brien left so did all the laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

David bloody Baddiel. What a waste of sperm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

How has this thread run to three pages without two of them panning Jason Byrne?

I think Dara O'Brian and Ed Byrne are two funny guys.

Tommy Tiernan fully deserves his place in this thread though.

I'll also nominate Andrew Dice Clay. How does that guy sell out huge stadiums? Oh, wait. It's huge stadiums full of yanks.

• Advertisement

milltown wrote: »
    How has this thread run to three pages without two of them panning Jason Byrne?

Oh ... is he meant to be a comedian? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Steven Wright - whenever you can actually hear what he's talking about, it's not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Jo Brand- Theres only so much I want to hear about being fat and wimmins problems. Do you have any more material maybe? Mrs Bland!

Roy 'chubby' Brown- Comedy for the lowest common denominator IMO. Not funny unless you think vulgarity=funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

That idiot Andrew Maxwell on the Panel. Everytime he opens his mouth I just want to hit him a smack!!! Your not being profound or funny you knob your just being an unfunny tosser!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

biko wrote: »
    Steven Wright - whenever you can actually hear what he's talking about, it's not funny.

Sacrilege!!! :p:D
    Some of his stuff is sublime, some admittedly not so sublime.

Take for example this one-liner in his deadpan/non-plussed drawl:
    "Just got finished reading the dictionary....
    Turns out the zebra did it."

Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Doodee wrote: »
    That Female Jew thats been on Paramount lately.

Dear lord, who the hell thinks shes funny?
    Shes about as funny as cancer

That's Sarah Silverman. See original post.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,337 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I see most all my selections are already on the list
    Jim Davidson, Roy Chubby Brown, brendan o'carroll

is Brendan Grace anywhere? I believe he was still doing the same routines a few years ago that he was doing decades before; if he's still doing it he should top the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

BillyBoy wrote: »
    That idiot Andrew Maxwell on the Panel. Everytime he opens his mouth I just want to hit him a smack!!! Your not being profound or funny you knob your just being an unfunny tosser!!!!

ah she's good at ripping the piss at "celebrity" events, but a comedian she is not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭arghh

all you get from comedians is middle class rant except for Freddie Starr:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Anyone watch top 100 best stand ups on E4 last weekend, had Harry Hill in the top ten with loads of celebs explaining how hilarious he is if you get surrealism and that Ross Noble bloke, seen both live along with Dave McSavage didn't laugh once, surrealism = ****é imo.

Advertisement