Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedians that suck

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Duzzie

I'm sooooo glad i'm not the only one that cannot stand Russell Brand. He is the most over rated, over hyped piece of dross i've ever seen do standup. The sooner his 15 minutes are up, the better.

Jimmy Carr aint far behind him either.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Brand fans tend to be Big Brother fans...
    I see a connection here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

for some reason he thinks wearing tight trousers, being random and annoying and saying "oooh you swine" is funny..........got news for ya bud: IT'S NOT!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

id dress up in tight pants and act like a gobshi*e if i was taking home his paycheck

• Registered Users Posts: 22,352 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Worst comedian ever is Bill Hicks.

awful awful stuff.

What is that 'goat boy nonsense?' its nothing less than paedophelia.

I saw his kung fu movie too. It was rubbish. He couldn't act at all and the production values were useless.

Denis Leary is the funniest american comedian. So much more original than Hicks and while he's a little bit crude sometimes, he's still funny. (i'm not a complete prude after all)

As for the Irish comedians, I hate Tommy tiernan. (there's no need to be insulting every catholic in ireland just to get a cheap gag)
    I think Patrick Kielty is very funny.

Des Ekin in the sunday world is hilarious. Don't think he does any stand up tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

Sarcasm's a very difficult thing to pull off in a message board post.

yeah, that was either an unfortunate attempt at sarcasm, or a horrendus attempt at trolling!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I cant stand Eris Lalor. He does the same routine word for word everytime. He really irriates me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

+1 for Russell Brand

I just can't stand the guy. Everything from the way he talks, looks, *trys* to be funny. I'm going to go to one of his gigs sometime purely to run up on the stage, grab him and shave the mother *uckers stupid looking hair off!

/feels good to get that out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

He looks like Amy Winehouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Nightwish wrote: »
    He looks like Amy Winehouse.

Ok Nighty we'll both go. I'll hold him, you shave, agreed?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'd love to help but I wouldn't like to touch that guy...

Galvasean wrote: »
    I'd love to help but I wouldn't like to touch that guy...

yeah he looks too greasy, and tbh he'd probably enjoy being thrown and wrestled to the ground, he is a sex addoct after all.....altho were he find people willing to have sex with him is beyond me?!!? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mister1777

Karl Spain has to win this as I never heard a funny line from his mouth, and yet shows up as a celeb everywhere...had a good chance on the late late but blew it completely, poor chap.

Looking back over these Blogs, No one has mentioned Irelands greatest stand up, Dylan Moran If you havnt seen him in a while, he's got even better!

mister1777 wrote: »
    Karl Spain has to win this as I never heard a funny line from his mouth, and yet shows up as a celeb everywhere...had a good chance on the late late but blew it completely, poor chap.

i saw him when he supported rich hall al while ago, he got a few smiles out of me but thats it, not one proper laugh, when he is on panel shows he will get one or 2 funny lines, but his problem is he keeps going till he gets one, so in about 100 comments he may get one funny one, which is not a good ratio!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mister1777

You're right there, I think there is an element in RTE that if a comic is 'safe' they will encourage him or her, I dont think rte go out and find talent but instead wait for someone who looks vaguely funny to walk into the canteen! You just cant say 'Ah sure it'll do' when it comes to comedy,.
    NEIL DELAMARE Theres another unfunny guy, I think the comics greatest enemy is their own SMUGGness, but there's a lot of that about these days....The best comics have an edge of vulnerability about not a self congratulatory permanent sneer. Too many of todays so called comics are ego driven and would dismiss the greats such as Chaplin, as 'NOt Cool' But they dont realise that comedy should not be about 'cool' such as Bishop or Delamare...

Looking back over these Blogs, No one has mentioned Irelands greatest stand up, Dylan Moran If you havnt seen him in a while, he's got even better!

well we cant mention him in this thread, its about comedians that suck, and dylan is a legend, side splittingly funny man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Too right, he's a terrible excuse for a comedian.
    He's brutal, just like the rest of 'The Panel' (with the possible exception of Maxwell).
    NEIL DELAMARE Theres another unfunny guy, I think the comics greatest enemy is their own SMUGGness, but there's a lot of that about these days....The best comics have an edge of vulnerability about not a self congratulatory permanent sneer. Too many of todays so called comics are ego driven and would dismiss the greats such as Chaplin, as 'NOt Cool' But they dont realise that comedy should not be about 'cool' such as Bishop or Delamare...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

My list

Russel Brand
    The entire cast of the panel
    Karl Spain
    Jerry Seinfeld
    Des Bishop
    Jo Brand
    Al Murray
    Anyone on an Irish Television programme in the last year. (the english class, I dare ya et al)

So who do you all think isn't funny?

I watched 20 minutes of Lee Evans last night on Paramount and actually cringed at most of his stuff. What a ****ing plonker IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Des Bishop

Ye're one that isn't funny from the panel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

HATE Lee Evans!! how can he get away with jittering around the stage like an idiot?? Not going to line up for tickets for Andrew Maxwell either-plonker!:rolleyes:

Def agree with the above post... if you're guna stick a girl in the panel for good measure, get one thats at least mildly amusing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

KaG1888 wrote: »

I watched 20 minutes of Lee Evans last night on Paramount and actually cringed at most of his stuff. What a ****ing plonker IMO

I hate lee evans whats wrong with that man

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

KaG1888 wrote: »

YORE MA!

sorry.

I've never done a YM! before.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

That Irish one that was one paths to freedom doloris or something. She's a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

YORE MA!

sorry.

you should have saved that for your thousand post

kickoutthejams

YORE MA!

sorry.

LOL, haha.
    As your man said, you should of kept it for the 1k post! BUT SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH LEE EVANS. I was actually shocked at how wierd his performance was.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

He hasn't been funny in years, he is quiet good at making people wonder why they spend money on his show or watched his show.. the joke is on you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,012 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The only funny thing about Lee Evans is the amount of sweat pouring off him. The people in the theatre must be on life-rafts!

Advertisement