Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the new ones available for download now btw. as always, let me know about any bugs. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Thanks.

The "Download Cabbage 1.67 without an installer" link on your site doesn't seem to work though.

plazzTT wrote: »
    Thanks.

The "Download Cabbage 1.67 without an installer" link on your site doesn't seem to work though.

you're absolutely right. it does now

people who downloaded it today should download it again. i didn't update the version number but for some reason it wasn't storing the history file properly so i've uploaded a new one. i don't know what was wrong but its fixed now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Thanks commander, good work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭velocirafter

I updated to version 1.67 and im getting the "(-6) program generated error" when i try and send a text or check the message count and i get a runtime error if i try to check for updates.

Im running XP Pro 64 so that might be the problem

I think my cabbage days might be numbered!!

I updated to version 1.67 and im getting the "(-6) program generated error" when i try and send a text or check the message count and i get a runtime error if i try to check for updates.

Im running XP Pro 64 so that might be the problem

I think my cabbage days might be numbered!!

someone was having this problem and downloading the one without an installer and putting it in a different folder than program files seemed to solve the problem so give that a shot. did the old version work?

try turning off your firewall briefly and see if that's blocking it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

its great thanks and works a treat for me and with vista to boot , cheers !!I had to run it as an admin, which i did not do first, but very happy thanks !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Very nice, I like! Working on Vista, kudosto developer.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭velocirafter

the program without the installer seems to have worked. thanks!!

• Advertisement

the program without the installer seems to have worked. thanks!!

good to hear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭handyman

following on from this thread, i made a new desktop based texting program. the AFT server is being taken down soon so the desktop based clients JSMS and multitext will stop working.

the server side code of AFT is being made available for other people to host and the phone based AFT client is being rewritten to allow the server to be changed by the user but the multitext project has stopped and the guy who wrote JSMS is on a round the world trip or something so a new one was needed. And here it is :)

its similar to multitext but independently made. there's probably some bugs in it because it was made in about 6 hours so let me know if you find any. its set to use the aft server at the moment but that won't work forever. if anyone wants a copy of my server side code to host themselves pm me. my version works with vodafone :) and if anyone wants to make their hosting available for others to use that'd be great.

its called cabbage. there is no reason to call it cabbage but i wasn't bothered thinking of anything so i chose a random word. if anyone can think of a good name you can have a share in the €0.00 i'm making from it

edit: i decided that i was sick of uploading it back here every time and boards stops you editing posts after a while so you can get it here:
    http://cabaal.org/cabbage

Hi,

I was just wondering why you'd need this when you have 300 webtexts on vodafone website free?

Also do you know of any sites where you can send FREE text messages to USA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭coghlac3

Anyone know if there's a similar program available for WM5???

handyman wrote: »
    Hi,

I was just wondering why you'd need this when you have 300 webtexts on vodafone website free?

Also do you know of any sites where you can send FREE text messages to USA?

this program uses those webtexts. its just a handier interface to it so you don't have to log in each time. you enter your phone number and password for the website into it and it automates the process of logging in and sending the message. and gives you options that the site doesn't have

and if you buy an o2 sim card, their webtexts can be sent to the usa so you could use this program to send them. you'd have to tell the person to text back your other number of course
    coghlac3 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a similar program available for WM5???

does wm5 support java midp2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Fair f*cking play. works a treat and, given my awful internet over here, something that bypasses the need to go through each step of the logging in and getting to sms page thing is very wonderful for me.

Cheers! :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Got a few more people in work using this, there very impressed by it :)

Cabaal wrote: »
    Got a few more people in work using this, there very impressed by it :)

excellent :)

i'm just working on the finishing touches of a new version now. should be out by monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Its outstanding.
    Thanks commander, stellar work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Only seen this thread now. Great app.

If I could make one suggestion, it may not be possible or not something you see has usefull. But I was thinking about some kind of time delay. So you could pick a time to send the message at.

I know there problems around this like if the machine/app wasn't running at the time you want the message to be sent, but it was just idea. Tell me to piss off if ya want.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If I could make one suggestion, it may not be possible or not something you see has usefull. But I was thinking about some kind of time delay. So you could pick a time to send the message at.

I know there problems around this like if the machine/app wasn't running at the time you want the message to be sent, but it was just idea. Tell me to piss off if ya want.

suppose this could be handy, but I doubt it would be used much as a feature,
    though I could be wrong....

• Advertisement

i could put that feature in with a minimum of hassle but as you say, the computer would have to be on. i might just put it in if you think you'll use it. You'll know on monday when the new one comes out if i decided to put it in or not :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

i could put that feature in with a minimum of hassle but as you say, the computer would have to be on. i might just put it in if you think you'll use it. You'll know on monday when the new one comes out if i decided to put it in or not :)

Cool. Well I wait to see what you come up with on Monday, and if you dont I might have a go myself. Off course if I managed it I would share.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭ronano

i can send 02 webtexts to irish numbers but not uk numbers using it,is it a problem with program or option ive not clicked? or has o2 changed their webtexts so it cant be sent to uk numbers?

ronano wrote: »
    i can send 02 webtexts to irish numbers but not uk numbers using it,is it a problem with program or option ive not clicked? or has o2 changed their webtexts so it cant be sent to uk numbers?

its not an option you've not clicked. I think i know what the problem is. I'll take a look tomorrow and let you know

Cool. Well I wait to see what you come up with on Monday, and if you dont I might have a go myself. Off course if I managed it I would share.
    feel free :)

the code's all on the website but you should wait until i put out the new release because there are a few bugs in the current one

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Excellent stuff. Can finally get away from the god awful o2 website!

its not an option you've not clicked. I think i know what the problem is. I'll take a look tomorrow and let you know

i've still got the same problem,meteor works fine but 02 wont send text to uk or irish mobiles even though it says message sent. Hmmmmmm

i've still got the same problem,meteor works fine but 02 wont send text to uk or irish mobiles even though it says message sent. Hmmmmmm

go into settings->manage server and make sure its set to:
    http://cabaal.org/cabbage/send.php

then give it a try

its definitely working for irish mobiles because i just sent one to myself but i don't have an english number to test

it was already selected,no joy. I will download program again and see

• Advertisement

it was already selected,no joy. I will download program again and see

downloading the program shouldn't affect it because O2 texts are sent through the server.

edit the link below to put your own info in and put it into internet exploder to see if a text sends. a text saying qwerty should arrive.
    what you have to change is:
    u=your phone number
    p=your password
    d=the destination number

and put the extra t in http. i took it out to stop boards shortening the url

htp://cabaal.org/cabbage/send.php?u=08xxxxxxxx&p=xxxx&d=08xxxxxxxx&s=o&m=qwerty

what format are you putting the numbers in? 08x, 003538x, 3538x? you should leave irish numbers as 08x and english ones as 44xxxx, ie no 00 or +

is the program prevented from accessing the internet? when you have use server disabled, a separate exe sends meteor and vodafone texts so having the main program blocked wouldn't stop those texts sending. try ticking "use server" under settings->manage servers and see if meteor texts stop sending too

Advertisement