Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

hi this is a great program but when i send a message from it it sends twice. Has anyone else experienced this or got any way of fixing it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Hi Commander Vimes

another feature request, separate the phonebook depending the Login user or be able to thick and option on each contact to share or not share with other users.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

yes one person has reported that and i've got a solution to it. i won't be able to link you to it til tonight or maybe tomorrow. the guy i made it for never reported back to say if it had work or not so let me know if it fixes your problem when i tell you what to do
    nava wrote: »
    Hi Commander Vimes

another feature request, separate the phonebook depending the Login user or be able to thick and option on each contact to share or not share with other users.

Thanks again.

sure, coming up

there's a new version up. i haven't got around to setting up the thing to block the second message yet lassykk sorry. are you using it behind a proxy by the way?

let me know about any bugs you find. the new stuff is quite complicated and pretty much guaranteed to have bugs

there's a new version up. i haven't got around to setting up the thing to block the second message yet lassykk sorry. are you using it behind a proxy by the way?

let me know about any bugs you find. the new stuff is quite complicated and pretty much guaranteed to have bugs

Hi

In my case looks like it deleted my existing phonebook so might be an option to import before deleting it or not to delete at all.

Also when clicking on Import I like a bit more the Windows Open view with the Desktop, my computer, etc icons on the left not the old where to go to desktop you need to go to C: document and setting, user , etc

Thanks again

• Advertisement

Hi

In my case looks like it deleted my existing phonebook so might be an option to import before deleting it or not to delete at all.

Also when clicking on Import I like a bit more the Windows Open view with the Desktop, my computer, etc icons on the left not the old where to go to desktop you need to go to C: document and setting, user , etc

Thanks again
    i just realised that its going to delete everyone's phone book. Crap. Anyone who reads this, don't download the new version yet

i'll look into the new import thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Sorry if this has been mentioned before.

I keep getting a Error (-6) Program generated error

orla wrote: »

yes i've seen that before. i'm going out now. i'll help you sort it out later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭CodedFire

Are you still looking for a place to host? I could be of assistance...

hi yeah I am using it on the cabaal.org server you provided with the programme. If i don't use the server i get an error message saying i can't connect to the network site.

i am on a proxy server in work using this application if that makes a difference.

• Advertisement

orla wrote: »

this is a tricky one. -6 means essentially that the program crashed when it tried to access the internet. i made it return -6 instead of shutting down which is what it used to do in this case :)

basically there's something on your coputer that's blocking it from accessing the internet. the same thing happened on my friends computer and i sent him all manner of fixes and none of them worked. the problem on his pc just went away after a while and its working fine for him now so it was nothing to do with the coding of the program.

its probably a firewall or an anti-virus or similar. try turning off your firewall and anti-virus and then sending a mesasage and let me know what happens. do you know how to do that? and make sure to turn them back on afterwards of course.

what happens when you press the "Check for update" button? does that work?
    CodedFire wrote: »
    Are you still looking for a place to host? I could be of assistance...

nope. cabaal has kindly donated hosting for me. thanks for the offer though :)

it does make a difference. the other guy who had this problem was using a proxy at work as well. as i said, i've got a fix made but i haven't had a chance to implement it yet. i'll get back to you as soon as i have it done

and i'm just settling down to fix that bug where it deletes your phone book

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Just a suggestion, maybe as something you could put in options as an option if people wanted it to display longer...no idea how hard this would be to do.

Anyway, when a text is sent succesfully, and the results are displayed saying sent and x amount of txts left, any chance of having this display until the next txt is sent or for a longer period...better yet have an option so the user can set the display period (again depending on how hard this would be to do)

it does make a difference. the other guy who had this problem was using a proxy at work as well. as i said, i've got a fix made but i haven't had a chance to implement it yet. i'll get back to you as soon as i have it done

i've got that fix uploaded now. to use it, go into settings->manage servers->add new and enter this address:
    http://cabaal.org/cabbage/nodup.php

nodup stands for no duplicates of course :) when you've added it, click on it to make it the default server and then tick the checkbox that says "use server".

hopefully when you do that and you try to send a message, instead of saying "message sent. x messages left", it should say "first of two messages sent. x messages left". that means that it blocked the second one. i haven't been able to fully test it because i can't replicate the problem you're having without being in your office but it should work

basically what the script does is it prevents you from sending the same message to the same person with a gap of less than 30 seconds.

also, i've fixed that bug with the phone book and i'm uploading a new one now.

edit: i never got around to uploading the new one because i started adding the thing requested by cabaal. I'll do it in the morning

Cabaal wrote: »
    Just a suggestion, maybe as something you could put in options as an option if people wanted it to display longer...no idea how hard this would be to do.

Anyway, when a text is sent succesfully, and the results are displayed saying sent and x amount of txts left, any chance of having this display until the next txt is sent or for a longer period...better yet have an option so the user can set the display period (again depending on how hard this would be to do)

it wouldn't be hard at all. in fact it was quite difficult to make it go away after 5 seconds :D

you'll notice that if there was an error, that doesn't go away. it only disappears if the text sent successfully so if there's nothing there you know it sent but not how many messages you have left. but then of course you can press the "msgs left" button :)

i'll make the dealy adjustable anyway because that'll suit everyone

the new one is uploaded now. i promise it won't delete all your phone books :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

the new one is uploaded now. i promise it won't delete all your phone books :)

Yep your right it doesn't :)

Thanks a mil for adding the linger time,

i've got that fix uploaded now. to use it, go into settings->manage servers->add new and enter this address:
    http://cabaal.org/cabbage/nodup.php

nodup stands for no duplicates of course when you've added it, click on it to make it the default server and then tick the checkbox that says "use server".

hopefully when you do that and you try to send a message, instead of saying "message sent. x messages left", it should say "first of two messages sent. x messages left". that means that it blocked the second one. i haven't been able to fully test it because i can't replicate the problem you're having without being in your office but it should work

basically what the script does is it prevents you from sending the same message to the same person with a gap of less than 30 seconds.

thanks a million for that.. working perfectly now... really appreciate the quick response and the amount of time you must spend fixing bugs on this for us.

Cheers

does it say "first of two messages sent" or just "message sent"?

Hi Commander Vimes

I have another couple request for you, this time but they are not easy at all,

For the phonebook, when you go to the Webtext online on "My vodafone" you have there a list of people there, is there a way to get that list imported to the Cabbage phonebook.

Also what about password protect the Account in the Cabbage software?so when a users treis to chane Account ask for the vodafone password or a saved password in cabbage.

Thanks again.

does it say "first of two messages sent" or just "message sent"?

hi it just said message sent. success 285 messages left. defiinetly only sends one message. Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Commander Vimes

I have another couple request for you, this time but they are not easy at all,

For the phonebook, when you go to the Webtext online on "My vodafone" you have there a list of people there, is there a way to get that list imported to the Cabbage phonebook.
    i've got that done for vodafone now but the other networks are proving more tricky.
    i put it together in a few minutes so its very basic. download this:
    http://cabaal.org/cabbage/import.exe

and put it in the folder where you installed the program (c:\program files\cabbage by default). open it, select the login that you want to import from and click the button. then it'll ask you if you want to import them for all users or just the selected one

Also what about password protect the Account in the Cabbage software?so when a users treis to chane Account ask for the vodafone password or a saved password in cabbage.

Thanks again.
    hmmm. maybe i could change it so that it doesn't store the password in a file at all and you have to enter it every time you open the program or select a login. or maybe i could make "remember the password" an option. would that be what you're looking for?

well that means a lot of the code was unnecessary. ah well :)

i've got that done for vodafone now but the other networks are proving more tricky.
    i put it together in a few minutes so its very basic. download this:
    http://cabaal.org/cabbage/import.exe

and put it in the folder where you installed the program (c:\program files\cabbage by default). open it, select the login that you want to import from and click the button. then it'll ask you if you want to import them for all users or just the selected one

WOW that's what a call service. Thanks works great in vodafone.

hmmm. maybe i could change it so that it doesn't store the password in a file at all and you have to enter it every time you open the program or select a login. or maybe i could make "remember the password" an option. would that be what you're looking for?

I think the option to remeber a password will be best so each user can decide how to handle it.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Kenpo

Hi, I've only recently started using Cabbage.

I'm on Meteor and it worked fine for a few weeks. But now I'm getting
    Error -2: Could not connect to Network Site.

I can still send Txts from the Meteor Site.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

K

Kenpo wrote: »
    Hi, I've only recently started using Cabbage.

I'm on Meteor and it worked fine for a few weeks. But now I'm getting
    Error -2: Could not connect to Network Site.

I can still send Txts from the Meteor Site.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

K

nope its working fine for me. it must have just been a temporary problem with the site. are you still getting the error?

what happens when you click "check for update"?
    I think the option to remeber a password will be best so each user can decide how to handle it.

Regards

right so i'll do that

Hi

Just noticed something else, if you have created an account/login and have a phonebook for it, if you go an edit that account/login to change the name the phonebook is not available straight away, but you can go to the phonebook and Import the old phonebook, will be easier if when the name is changed for the login the phonebook name also gets changed.

Also the Import window I like more the new Windows format as bellow.

windownewaa9.th.jpg

Not the old windows as below.

windowul3.th.jpg

Is that something you can change or is it something in my system.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭velocirafter

im getting the "could not connect to network site" error aswell. i updated to the latest version but the same thing happened. i checked the meteor site and its working fine. im not sure if its relevant but i was unable to ping sms.donutsoft.net

im getting the "could not connect to network site" error aswell. i updated to the latest version but the same thing happened. i checked the meteor site and its working fine. im not sure if its relevant but i was unable to ping sms.donutsoft.net

it might have been. go into settings->manage server and uncheck the check box that says "use server", then see if it works. if it doesn't, then select this server:

http://cabaal.org/cabbage/send.php

and tick the use server text box

if the server isn't on the list, add it. if it still doesn't work, its most likely that your firewall or something on your pc is blocking it. what happens when you click "check for update"

btw, i'm almost finished the new release. i took a bit of a break oner the hols :) i should have it up this evening or tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

what will be in the new release?

• Advertisement

what will be in the new release?

the main things in the new release is the facility to not save your password if you don't want to and i changed the format of the history. other than that just a few bug fixes

@nava, the file browsing thing isn't to do with your computer, that's how visual basic does it. i probably could make it look the other way but the chances are that since i've fixed the bug that forced you to use it, no one will ever use it again. i'm just going to leave it since it works the way it is and it seems like an awful lot of work for something that'll never be used :)

Advertisement