Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Righty, though so. I'll enter my 086 contacts with the 353 or 44 or whatever and the 087 ones with 087, 086, 085 etc. etc.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

madmoe wrote: »
    Righty, though so. I'll enter my 086 contacts with the 353 or 44 or whatever and the 087 ones with 087, 086, 085 etc. etc.

M

you really only have to enter the foreign ones with 44 etc. o2 will accept a number with 08x, ie you don't have to do 3538x but if you want to do it that way there's nothing stopping you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Thanx mate, just prefer to keep all th ones that I will be using with 02 to be in internatioanl format..

Keep up the good work dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Brianb8802

Just noticed a minor bug.

When the app is open at the top of your screen and you press more, the top toolbar with the "X" for closing is out of the screen so you cant move or close the settings page. Would be hassle if you didnt know the Alt F4 trick.

Brianb8802 wrote: »
    Just noticed a minor bug.

When the app is open at the top of your screen and you press more, the top toolbar with the "X" for closing is out of the screen so you cant move or close the settings page. Would be hassle if you didnt know the Alt F4 trick.

ah but you can ;)

the back button closes it too. you're right though it is annoying. i'll move it down for the next version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Brianb8802

aaahhhh, never saw the back button:o. Tis only a small thing anyways

Brianb8802 wrote: »
    aaahhhh, never saw the back button:o. Tis only a small thing anyways

that is another good point. the buttons are kind of small and squashed together. i sometimes have trouble finding stuff and i made the feckin thing!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Is there a new version of cabbage out? Showing up as an update is available but the site still says 1.73beta is latest?

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Is there a new version of cabbage out? Showing up as an update is available but the site still says 1.73beta is latest?

i'm working on a new version that i should have out later today but it's not out yet. i let my friend update the site for me and the f*cking eejit changed the file that the program uses to check the version. you know who you are!!!111

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Someone (not me, I swear it. ... ;) ) broke the part of his website which the program checks for updates.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

random wrote: »
    Someone (not me, I swear it. ... ;) ) broke the part of his website which the program checks for updates.
    I suppose we wouldn't have to use this program if multitext still worked ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

I suppose we wouldn't have to use this program if multitext still worked ;):p
    What's MultiText? I have no idea what you're talking about. ;)

I've finished the new version. as usual i recommend any updating makes a backup of the cabbage folder before installing the new one. the changes are:
    • Support for voipcheap added
    • Scheduled checks can be cancelled
    • Group messages can be scheduled
    • Each user can set whether they want to save passwords or not
    • When sending long messages, there's an option to send the last chunk of 160 characters first.
    • Fixed a bug when checking messages where a message would be sent if a number was in the "To" text box
    • Fixed a bug where vodafone users got a -5 error when checking messages
    • Fixed a bug where the currently selected phone book name was lost when changing logins
    • Fixed a bug where the wrong name could be saved in the history file

please report any bugs you find

Noticed a small bug, the more button gets partially covered when going into small mode. This is then carried back to normal mode when small mode is turned off.

Using Vista btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭peteburnshndbag

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I've finished the new version. as usual i recommend any updating makes a backup of the cabbage folder before installing the new one. the changes are:
    • When sending long messages, there's an option to send the last chunk of 160 characters first.
    • Fixed a bug when checking messages where a message would be sent if a number was in the "To" text box
    • Fixed a bug where the currently selected phone book name was lost when changing logins

HI, Luv this program.. its so handy.. But tonight when I tried opening it, it gave that subscript9 out of range error again. This happened a few wks ago, and I had to re-install..
    Will I have to re-install now aswell??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Can you please put the link for the new version here?

Thanks

HI, Luv this program.. its so handy.. But tonight when I tried opening it, it gave that subscript9 out of range error again. This happened a few wks ago, and I had to re-install..
    Will I have to re-install now aswell??

Thanks

probably a good idea if you do. did you make a copy of the cabbage folder before installing the new one as i recommended?

if so, you'll be able to import your old phone book into the new one. press more->manage phone book->import contacts. let me know if you have any problems or don't know what to do from there

did you edit any of the files in c:\program files\cabbage\cabbage manually?

do you have any odd characters in the phone book or groups etc?

the fastest way to solve the problem would be for you to email me the c:\program files\cabbage\cabbage folder but you'd be sending me your phone book and logins. i wouldn't abuse it but you only have my word for that and i'd completely understand if you didn't want to. if you decide to send it, you'll have to go into the folder and delete send.exe and update.exe first because my email can't accept exes.

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Can you please put the link for the new version here?

Thanks

http://cabaal.org/cabbage/cabbagedesktopdownload.php

Noticed a small bug, the more button gets partially covered when going into small mode. This is then carried back to normal mode when small mode is turned off.

Using Vista btw.

thanks for that. i never would've found that because i'm making it on win 2000 :)

i found a bug. when you cancel a scheduled message, the program crashes. the messages are cancelled so you can continue to use the feature but remember it'll crash when you do.

i'll have it fixed this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ great work, thanks a lot for the link. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭peteburnshndbag

probably a good idea if you do. did you make a copy of the cabbage folder before installing the new one as i recommended?

if so, you'll be able to import your old phone book into the new one. press more->manage phone book->import contacts. let me know if you have any problems or don't know what to do from there

did you edit any of the files in c:\program files\cabbage\cabbage manually?

do you have any odd characters in the phone book or groups etc?

the fastest way to solve the problem would be for you to email me the c:\program files\cabbage\cabbage folder but you'd be sending me your phone book and logins. i wouldn't abuse it but you only have my word for that and i'd completely understand if you didn't want to. if you decide to send it, you'll have to go into the folder and delete send.exe and update.exe first because my email can't accept exes.

Thanks for replying.. I think I'll re-install it again, as it only takes less than a min to do. No, I never manually edited any of the files in C:, sure I'm only an average exp pc user, still learning; everyday something new in computer world. But I love learning about computers, when I got this laptop in 2005, I didnt even know how to use the internet. Now I can do most basic things..

If I still have trouble, I've no probs sending u the files.. Thanks so much for this FREE program!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭okgirl

Hi there,

I was using cabbage successfully until last wekk. It was very handy. Unfortunately I cnaged login passwords on my meteor website and this may have affected the application. I also could not use GPRSMS. So I have changed all logins back to the original and I have downloaded AFT which is working fine. I can't seem to find the GPRSMS link but will look later.
    I uninstalled the cabbage application from my pc and have reinstalled it but the message I am getting up now is something like because I have logged in incorrectly that last time I must login on the meteor web page, which is defeating the purpose. Anny suggestions as to what has gone wrong?

If I still have trouble, I've no probs sending u the files.. Thanks so much for this FREE program!!

you're very welcome :)

feel free to ask about any more problems you have
    okgirl wrote: »
    Hi there,

I was using cabbage successfully until last wekk. It was very handy. Unfortunately I cnaged login passwords on my meteor website and this may have affected the application. I also could not use GPRSMS. So I have changed all logins back to the original and I have downloaded AFT which is working fine. I can't seem to find the GPRSMS link but will look later.
    I uninstalled the cabbage application from my pc and have reinstalled it but the message I am getting up now is something like because I have logged in incorrectly that last time I must login on the meteor web page, which is defeating the purpose. Anny suggestions as to what has gone wrong?

edit:read last paragraph first.

That message comes up because of a security thing meteor have on their system. If you enter your password wrong a few times, a picture pops up on the site and you have to enter the text that appears in the picture before it’ll allow you to log in again. It’s to prevent people hacking into people’s accounts by trying all possible pins. Look at the attachment below if you don’t know what I mean.

You just go to the meteor site once and type in the text in the picture and you won’t have to do it again unless you enter your password wrong a few times again.

Go to the meteor site and try to log in and see if it pops up with one of those pictures. If it does, enter your password and fill in the text in the picture and you should be fine. if it doesn't show one of those pictures, post back and let me know because the problem's somewhere else

Meteor have issues with changing pins whereby sometimes the system doesn’t register the change for days or sometimes never registers it. When you type in the text in the picture and put in your pin, it might tell you you have the wrong pin. If it does, try again with the one you previously changed it to and it should work. Unfortunately, this pin might stop working in a few days when meteor get around to changing it and you'll have to go back to yuor other pin. Nightmare I know.

When you’re sure you have the right pin, on cabbage go to more->manage logins, select your login and click edit, and fill in the password it should have

edit:something you should do before all that. go into more->manage servers and see if "use server" is ticked. if it is, untick it and if it isn't, tick it. make sure this server is selected on the list: http://cabaal.org/cabbage/send.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭okgirl

Sam Vimes, thank you I changed the tick on the server box and it's back working. Thanks I would not have discovered that.

Now to sort out the GPRSM!

okgirl wrote: »
    Sam Vimes, thank you I changed the tick on the server box and it's back working. Thanks I would not have discovered that.

Now to sort out the GPRSM!

read the rest of my post to sort it out :)

you have to go to the site once and log in to get it to work again. i have no idea why ticking use server works. it shouldn't:pac:

i've fixed two of the bugs, crashing when cancelling a scheduled text and importing not working. i haven't fixed the problem with the more button being partially covered because i haven't had access to a vista computer to see what happens.

as a temporary fix, you can go into c:\program files\cabbage and delete or rename the file cabbage.exe.manifest. that'll get rid of the style of the program and give it a basic appearance that shouldn't block it

btw, i didn't bother updating the version number

by the way, for anyone using it, there's a new version of Cabbage Mobile available on the website. its got some bugs fixed and a few more features:

* an icon
    * time and date stored in recent texts
    * a bigger phone book (50 instead of 20)
    * you can delete recent numbers
    * it prevents you from sending blank messages and to blank numbers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭nupplenits

Error in latest version for me when i click on more-> manage servers I get:
    Run-time error '9':
    Subscript out of range.

And also the voipcheap login doesnt work.
    Error: (-2) Could not connect to network site.

Using WinXP Pro.

Thanks for the app tho. Works well otherwise.

nupplenits wrote: »
    Error in latest version for me when i click on more-> manage servers I get:
    Run-time error '9':
    Subscript out of range.
    i've fixed that now so you can dl the new one

And also the voipcheap login doesnt work.
    Error: (-2) Could not connect to network site.
    when you enter a login the program can't tell if it's a web text login or a voipcheap one. you need to go into more->sending method and select voipcheap.

you'll know you're on voipcheap at a glance because the schedule button is greyed out

you should put your username in the login name section and your phone number in the format 08xxxxxxxx in as the phone number

just randomly select the network. the voipcheap function ignores it
    Thanks for the app tho. Works well otherwise.
    you're very welcome :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Oyy, I have to check this board more often, I tought AFT and Multitext were dead and gone!
    Thank you Sam Vimes \o/

Advertisement