Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

no, where we're texting from isn't what's important, so we'd have to have the code right. i'll sort it out

try it with a + now. in the browser i mean. the mobile client will remove any plusses you put in

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

still returns a bad gateway :(

cormie wrote: »
    still returns a bad gateway :(

sorry i meant with %2B instead of +. if you put a + it gets translated to a space by the server, which turns it into a bad request

Yay! It worked :D Is that it sorted now? Do you just need to update the mobile version now and that's it sorted? :)

• Advertisement

should be fixed now. download it from:

http://cabaal.org/cabbage/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile.jar

Yup, that works now too :) yay!

great :)

to give a brief explanation of the problem that i'm sure no one cares about:

the + character was being sent to the server side script which translated it to a space. that script then forwards the request onto another script. the error happened because the + had been translated to a space, which is of course a bad request.

i've been trying to handle this on the client side but i just put a line in the server side script that translated the space back into a + before forwarding it and bob's your mother's brother :)

then i had to take the code out of the mobiel client that was trying to handle it incorrectly

When do I get paid for helping? :pac: lol

When do I get paid for helping? :pac: lol

you can have a 100% share of the €0.00 i've made from it :pac:

• Advertisement

done :) is it compatible with sms discount too by the way? Would be nice to let my international buds know about it so they can avail of it even though they don't have free webtexts or whatever or would you suggest AFT for that?

done :) is it compatible with sms discount too by the way? Would be nice to let my international buds know about it so they can avail of it even though they don't have free webtexts or whatever or would you suggest AFT for that?

AFT for that. mine doesn't support sms discount......yet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭velocirafter

cabbage mobile worked straight away on my k800. i though life couldnt get any better than cabbage desktop. woo hoo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Hey,used this,works well but does the desktop program use up your web texts or what? cause mine arent going down,maybe i just have to wait a bit i dont know

cabbage mobile worked straight away on my k800. i though life couldnt get any better than cabbage desktop. woo hoo!!!
    good to know you're happy with it :)
    rejkin wrote: »
    Hey,used this,works well but does the desktop program use up your web texts or what? cause mine arent going down,maybe i just have to wait a bit i dont know

yes it does use your webtexts and they should go down by one every time you send a message. i've used it thousands of times on all networks and there's never been a delay in the remaining messages changing. maybe it's a temporary problem. what network are you on?

do the messages arrive on the destination phone? due to the way the networks have their webtexts set up, just because they say it sent doesn't mean it did

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Meteor and yeah it works now,some reason th meteor website was not recording it for straight away,grand now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Firstly, nice job on this neat little application!

I do have a problem though. I'm using Vista Ultimate SP1 on a Dell laptop.

I've just downloaded Cabbage this afternoon, but I was unable to get the "save message history" feature to work. Every time I clicked on View Message History, I was told that the file C:\Program......\history.txt was not created and if I wanted to create the file. This then opened a blank text file in Notepad.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and I then had the idea to run in administrator mode, which got it working. But now when I try to run it with a normal double-click, I get "run time error 75, path/File access error".

I tried the search function, but I didn't find anything relevant to my problem.

Firstly, nice job on this neat little application!

I do have a problem though. I'm using Vista Ultimate SP1 on a Dell laptop.

I've just downloaded Cabbage this afternoon, but I was unable to get the "save message history" feature to work. Every time I clicked on View Message History, I was told that the file C:\Program......\history.txt was not created and if I wanted to create the file. This then opened a blank text file in Notepad.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and I then had the idea to run in administrator mode, which got it working. But now when I try to run it with a normal double-click, I get "run time error 75, path/File access error".

I tried the search function, but I didn't find anything relevant to my problem.
    yeah a few people have said that they have to run it in administrator mode on vista. not much i can do about that part i'm afraid.

about the run time error, you should uninstall it, then go into the folder c:\program files\cabbage and delete it. uninstalling it just deletes the files that came with the program and not the extra ones it creates and it's those files that are causing the error.

if you still have the problem after you uninstall it and delete the folder, report back and i'll do a bit more debugging.

Just curious about this,
    I don't see anything relating to o2 here:
    http://cabaal.org/cabbage/send.php?u=08xxxxxxxx&p=xxxx&s=o&d=xxxxxxxx&m=hello

I don't know how meteor and vodafone webtext logins work, but IF the username was say "cormie" and I had a vodafone account, and somebody else had a meteor account with the username "cormie" and we both happened to have the same password, would the above send a text from both accounts to the number? So the person you mean to send the text to, could get the same text off a totally random number without the owner of that number ever knowing?

Just another question, how easy is it to set this up, say if three launched webtexts, would you be able to configure it to work with them in a few minutes or would it take hours of work?

Just curious about this,
    I don't see anything relating to o2 here:
    http://cabaal.org/cabbage/send.php?u=08xxxxxxxx&p=xxxx&s=o&d=xxxxxxxx&m=hello

I don't know how meteor and vodafone webtext logins work, but IF the username was say "cormie" and I had a vodafone account, and somebody else had a meteor account with the username "cormie" and we both happened to have the same password, would the above send a text from both accounts to the number? So the person you mean to send the text to, could get the same text off a totally random number without the owner of that number ever knowing?

Just another question, how easy is it to set this up, say if three launched webtexts, would you be able to configure it to work with them in a few minutes or would it take hours of work?

no the s=o part lets the server know it's o2. s stands for service. its m for meteor and v for vodafone

and on all networks the usernames are the phone numbers so there's no chance of overlap. unless you can change your username with one of the networks?

• Advertisement

Ah cool, didn't notice the so :) I remember when o2 didn't have the number as the username so was wondering if any of the others were still the same aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    yeah a few people have said that they have to run it in administrator mode on vista. not much i can do about that part i'm afraid.

about the run time error, you should uninstall it, then go into the folder c:\program files\cabbage and delete it. uninstalling it just deletes the files that came with the program and not the extra ones it creates and it's those files that are causing the error.

if you still have the problem after you uninstall it and delete the folder, report back and i'll do a bit more debugging.
    Thanks for the reply!

I deleted that folder after uninstalling again, and when I reinstalled cabbage it worked properly. However I turned off the computer and when I turned it back on tonight, the problem occurred again and I'm now using it in administrator mode.

Thanks for the reply!

I deleted that folder after uninstalling again, and when I reinstalled cabbage it worked properly. However I turned off the computer and when I turned it back on tonight, the problem occurred again and I'm now using it in administrator mode.

would you be ok with sending me a copy of the folder c:\program files\cabbage\cabbage?

the passwords are encrypted in the logins file. i could take days to narrow down the problem over the internet but with the folder i should be able to fix it in a few seconds, assuming the problem isn't specific to vista.

if so, send it to cabbagetexting AT hotmail.com

meant to say, you should delete send.exe and update.exe before zipping up the folder or my email will block it.

but don't change any of the other files because changing them might get rid of the part that's giving the error

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭chris_oc

hey man, firstly of just wanted to say great idea!
    in mainland europe at the moment so i think itll come in really handy!:)
    i have one problem though and that is that it wont send my msgs.
    it keeps saying "error: (2) could not connect to network site"
    any ideas?
    im connected to meteor but i think ive only ever sent msgs online 2 or 3 times! could it be the fact that my meteor has changed to roaming??(dumb question i know)

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭chris_oc

any ideas?
    im connected to meteor but i think ive only ever sent msgs online 2 or 3 times! could it be the fact that my meteor has changed to roaming??(dumb question i know)

cheers

chris_oc wrote: »
    any ideas?

cheers

just to be sure, you're using the phone program right?

yes it could be that you're roaming. data roaming doesn't work at in some countries and works patchily in others.

if you open up your phone browser can you go to google.com?

did it work before you left ireland?

what phone do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Divinkee

Hi guys. I can use cabbage on my pc but when i try use it on my phone i cannot get it to work. ive installed and can open the application on my phone and type the message in etc, but then the problem starts.

After i select who to send the message to, im asked on my phone(Nokia N73 billpay) "allow cabbage mobile to use network and send or receive data?"

I say yes.

Then it asks me to select access point. 3 options to choose from:

Meteor ISP
    Meteor WAP GPRS
    MMS over GPRS

Ive selected all 3 but i receive same result message "could not connect to network site"

Anyone any ideas?

Any help greatly appreciated :)

meteor wap gprs is the one you should use. do other java applications work? does opera mini work? and does aft work? you can get it here to try:

http://dallan.co.uk/aft/aft.jar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Divinkee

hmm... still no luck at sending, even from what u suggested.

still cant connect to network site.

does the fact im meteor bill phone have anything to do with it u think?

dont have opera and not sure what aft is! but ill have a browse tmro.

just a quick post b4 heading to bed. thanks for help so far!

:)

Advertisement