Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

CathyMoran wrote: »
    This may be my last post in here for a while - am almost certain that we lost the baby (as my hcg levels refuse to rise in those pregnancy predictor tests) but will be getting it confirmed by the docs this morning. I wish everyone else a happy pregnancy.

:( Oh I'm so sorry to hear that Cathy. Hopefully it's just screwy tests.... i'll be thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed. xx

Cathy Moran you've probably gone to the hospital already but I thought I'd post this just in case...
    I'd never heard of those conception indicator tests so I just looked it up. On the website FAQ it says
    17. Why does the Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test with Conception Indicator not estimate time since conception beyond 3 weeks?

In the trial on approximately 3000 individual pregnant samples there was a consistent pattern to urinary hCG levels only up to the first three weeks following conception2. After that, levels varied too widely from woman to woman to be able to provide an accurate estimate of time since conception.

Does that mean that it just stops measuring at a certain point so will keep giving you the same result no matter how far along you are?
    I hope everything works out this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

That's what it means littlebug... it means that no matter how far along you are it will only say 3 on it...

Good luck CathyMoran... hope all goes well!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

CathyMoran wrote: »
    This may be my last post in here for a while - am almost certain that we lost the baby (as my hcg levels refuse to rise in those pregnancy predictor tests) but will be getting it confirmed by the docs this morning. I wish everyone else a happy pregnancy.

Really hoping that it is just a natural hcG level slump for you, those test things are terrible, if you dont move a certain amount they have you freaking out! Your doc is far more qualified to tell you than a machine! I am thinking of you.

I am after putting on 2 stone during my pregnancy and am getting remarks that my face is alot fuller (nice way of saying chubby!) and I am getting stretch marks. I am not a happy bunny at the moment. I was ok wih my first stretch mark, it looked like a scar fromm when I had a naval piercing and I have loads on my breasts but they are white so that doesnt bother me, but now I am getting red ones on my belly and it is really depressing me, any one got good advise on creams, at least to help them fade? Sorry for ranting, bit moody today:D:L

Bio oil... go and get yourself some now!!

I am raging that I didn't use it during pregnancy, but have started to use it now!

I have loads of stretch marks on my belly and I wasn't even that big!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Thanks to everyone - a lesson to other people in the future - dont rely on them! Baby is fine but we are less far gone than we thought - we saw the heartbeat! Decided to spoil myself and went into Agent Provocateur and got a maternity bra! Thanks again. I was certain that we had lost it and both Shane and I have been climbing walls for the past few days.

Hurray!

Now throw the rest of those tests in the bin :D

Wohoo CathyMoran! Congrats to you and Shane!! Lookit you and your maternity bra's... I think I bought like... two of those when I was pregnant...

You know, it's weird saying "when I was pregnant"... cos it still feels weird having a baby!!

I have dont worry - my chest has expanded by 4 sizes already which is another plus! I got this to spoil myself - the relief is huge :)http://www.agentprovocateur.com/maternity/info/bra/fuscia

The only thing now is, because we picked up the pregnancy so early, it might be twins, fingers crossed!

:O Imagine twins! OMG How cool...

• Advertisement

Shane has said he will open the most vintage alcohol he has if he finds out we are expecting 2, we would love it! My chest got bigger almost immediatly, so I had to get maternity bras as the other ones were not fitting me...Shane is delighted though!

Yeah I bet he is! My OH loved it too!! I'll even open a bottle for the two of you if it's twins!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Oh Cathy, yay, I'm so happy for you both!! Stupid tests, purposely built to scare the sh*t out of you!! Fingers crossed for twins, if that's what you want - I'd have collapsed with fright if someone told me I was having two ;)

Good call on the bra - it's lovely, and there's nothing like being comfortable! At least, as far as I remember that was fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

That's wonderful news :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Cathy - that is great:)

I have good news too!

My little girl was born at 5.59am on 01/01/09;)

She is lovely;)

Oh, that is brilliant, congrats - would love to see photos of your angel if that is OK. Hugs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭lolly22

Moonbeam wrote: »

I have good news too!

She is lovely;)

Congrats Moonbeam nice start to the new year :)

Cathy was reading your posts glad all going well, best of look for you and oh.;)

My little girls 1 this month cant belive how fast its gone now and what a bundle of joy they really are :) much quicker than the 9 months of pregnancy :rolleyes::P

I have good news too!

She is lovely;)

Wohoo congrats Moonbeam! Happy New Year!!

Give us the details!! Name, weight! PICTURE!! Can't wait to see her, bet she's gorgeous!

I have good news too!

She is lovely;)

Ah yay! Congratulations :) I'm very jealous! And a new year's baby to boot! Can't wait to hear all the gory details, but will settle for a name!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Congratulations Moonbeam. can't wait for more details......!!!!!!
    Hope you and baby girl are recovering nicely. Happy New Year indeed :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I will get some pictures up tomorrow:)

We called her Dearbhail and she weighed 7lb 4.

She is a great sleeper so far so hope it continues!!

Quackles - Not long left for you now:))

Lovely name Moonbeam and great weight! Wish my baby was a great sleeper! She's a moocher, moves around a lot when she's asleep and wakes herself up from it... poor thing!

I will get some pictures up tomorrow:)

We called her Dearbhail and she weighed 7lb 4.

She is a great sleeper so far so hope it continues!!

Quackles - Not long left for you now:))

Lovely name!! And I dream of a weight like that ;) I have a feeling I'll give birth to a toddler :eek:

I know, time's ticking by, but it really can't go fast enough, I'm so done with being pregnant! I was trying to prepare the wee fella for the big event today, we had a minor argument because he wants to call it Wall-e if it's a boy. The name I have chosen is a funny word, apparently.

Quackles wrote: »
    Lovely name!! And I dream of a weight like that ;) I have a feeling I'll give birth to a toddler :eek:

I know, time's ticking by, but it really can't go fast enough, I'm so done with being pregnant! I was trying to prepare the wee fella for the big event today, we had a minor argument because he wants to call it Wall-e if it's a boy. The name I have chosen is a funny word, apparently.

I think you should let him do it ;) just kidding!

My aunt is pregnant at the moment and for years her now seven year old daughter would say "if we have another baby, it will be Barney for a boy and Sally for a girl" thankfully they've settled on Holly, they know it's a girl!!

Lovely name Moonbeam and great weight! Wish my baby was a great sleeper! She's a moocher, moves around a lot when she's asleep and wakes herself up from it... poor thing!

Have you tried swaddling? My son was like that, but once we swaddled him nice and tight with his arms restricted, he slept like an angel. About the last thing he ever did like an angel, mind you :)

She always manages to get her arms free somehow (she loves to suck on her hands, despite the fact that she has a soother...) I was gonna buy some of those special swaddlers you can get in smyths cos I'm just usin a blanket at the moment!

Congrats Moonbeam:D, hope you and your little girl are doing well and that she continues with the good sleeping regime.

Can I ask is everyone else who is heavily pregnant almost begging for it to be over because I am not doing to well with the lack of comfort and waddling:):) Sleeping is getting difficult because I am in my way! Well actually the baby is but I know that he/she cant help it. And I went for my scan at 31 weeks (dates changed because of scan, which is a relief because first set of dates didnt add up) and according to the baby's size and measurements they put the weight at about 3lb14oz I am not good at weights, is that good and how much a week on average does a baby put on for the last 2 months? I'm at 35 weeks now

i'm not pregnant- I just can't help reading this thread:pac:
    I think the baby puts on about a lb or thereabouts every two weeks in the last stretch.

Don't wish it over too soon wolfpawnat- anything under 5lbs and you would probably not have the baby home with for wee while... not nice:(

Oh God I wasnt saying I wanted the baby to come early, I was saying I would like if time would speed up. With only 5 weeks to go I know there isnt much time left but you start to feel every uncomfortable movement and every day trying to get the few bits and pieces done becomes more and more tiring! Then again I wont have much time for any of it when it arrives in 5 weeks!

• Advertisement

Sorry wolfpawnat I didn't mean that to sounds like you meant... etc..:D
    I do know what you mean. My first was 6 weeks early so with the second I finished work at 28 weeks and pretty much did nothing from then on in my quest to go full term. By 38 weeks I was horrified when I realised I could have another whole month like that:eek: Thankfully he came the next day:)

Advertisement